Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canadian veterans are better served now but gaps remain: Ombudsman

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Canadian veterans are better served now but gaps remain: Ombudsman Empty Re: Canadian veterans are better served now but gaps remain: Ombudsman

Post by Ex Member Fri 03 Mar 2017, 18:01

yes trooper that's correct but they are ALL on the same page WE are not . a union WOULD be and vets orgs CAN be .

the GOC people PM , MVA and such will run down their talking points all the same all in the same order whether they personally agree or not they do what they are told . this new actuarial will be on that list of talking points when it comes out .

we did this added that improved this and the ombudsman is saying this system is better .

they will repeat these things as often as possible to beat civies over the head with it until they believe it .

get them in an interview town hall or what not these points will be run off straight out and repeated as often as possible .

are you going to offer the PA pension as an option and when ?

well we did this added that improved this and the ombudsman is saying this system is better .

ya see they go to the talking points without even answering the question .

are you going to revisit the limit on MM ?

we did this added that improved this and the ombudsman is saying this system is better .

are you going to have new open and honest stakeholders meetings with REAL veterans representation ?

what did you have for dinner last night ?

I here it was so cold yesterday you had your hands in your own pockets is that true ?

AND SO ON !!!!

the more ya here something the more likely you are to believe it .

can we do that ?

sure we can if vet orgs would put aside their own personal agendas and petty differences and put veterans above all that get together and decide to tackle one issue at a time the biggest first .

create their own talking points . then every news acritical , interview , post , blog or whatever from every one of the will contain these exact same talking points thus repeating this over and over in the minds of the civies that here them .

thing many of them are to self important to listen to anything that the vets at large are concerned about or ban together . of course their are other reasons as well .

propat

Ex Member

Back to top Go down

Canadian veterans are better served now but gaps remain: Ombudsman Empty Re: Canadian veterans are better served now but gaps remain: Ombudsman

Post by Guest Fri 03 Mar 2017, 16:38

One thing I will say about these gaps being fixed is that each time during this present Liberal term that something is implemented, a gap being fixed, it gives the Liberals more ammo in defending what they have done thus far on our file. Let's face it, for the average civie these fixes can seem quite appropriate.
Each time the Ombudsman writes up articles such as this one, it adds more ammo to the Liberals defense in defending their progress on our file.
I'm still of the opinion that the government has the upper hand when it comes to the merits of our file, they are extremely good at what they do, they can influence and twist things in their favor, each and every time, this even with the ongoing media reports of reporting negativity that comes from various Veterans and Veteran groups.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Mar 2017, 09:43

johnny yup if I recall correctly that was the number although its been a while ago so its larger today .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Mar 2017, 09:40

trooper wrote "My thoughts exactly, "the government should have left the lifelong pension in place and simply added new benefits to the PA."

eventually that's what they did through the NVC . yup the PA guys got the benefits and services they were fighting for for many years before the NVC came out added to the PA through the NVC . as for the NVC vets they just get fracked .

that's why this idiot will not do a true actuarial even between the OLD PA and the NVC because if he does going through all disability percentages on average it will show how lacking the NVC is . he will work a little mathematical magic showing just the highest disability percentages with the NVC guys getting ALL the additional benefits at maximums and the old PA guys with none of todays additional benefits . that's the only way it will work for him to try and prove his point .

he will never try a real actuarial between todays PA and the NVC because the difference is so massive their is no magic numbers games half truths or political smoke and mirrors BS that will actually work . he would actually have to flat out lie .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Thu 02 Mar 2017, 19:54

It could be I dreamed this, but did I read somewhere that there are only 1400 Vets that are TPI all across Canada. I find this number hard to believe. Maybe someone can clear this up? Johnny, Out..VVV..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Mar 2017, 17:50

Bruce,

My thoughts exactly, "the government should have left the lifelong pension in place and simply added new benefits to the PA."

I also agree about the saving money part, but more importantly the dam bureaucrats knowing that this charter would be so screwed up for years to come would ensure security for those bureaucrats for years to come.

Xnurse,

Although those who are on the PA are grandfathered in to the PA, the government can implement legislation to remove this grandfather clause and roll every PA veteran to the NVC. However, as long as the Royal Canadian Legion exist, the government will never go there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Mar 2017, 18:31

I'm just waiting for them to tell PA vets that they will now be under the NVC and anyone over 75 months PA will have already exceeded their LSA. Then the shit will hit the fan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Mar 2017, 17:04

I've read this post too.  I'm 20% PA and 40% NVC the government should have left the lifelong pension in place and simply added new benefits to the PA.

It was that simple. The NVC was created to save money and get veterans out of the hair of the government.  JMO

Where I'm at:

PA 20% (physical disability)
NVC 40% (psychological disability)
PIA 3
CFIS (single no dependants)

Last edited by bruce72 on Wed 01 Mar 2017, 17:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clarity)

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed 01 Mar 2017, 16:46

here is a example NVC vs PA

IF you have a small 5% award post NVC, you get around 15K currently. there would no no extras, as not seriously disabled
the 5% however Pre NVC , translates to 200 / month for married with 2 children for life (of course a little less once the kids finish university)

it will take ~75 months, (6 years 3 months) for that 200 to make it up to 15K, after that, the PA award is > NVC award

*** FYI. I get 5% PA and have received 20% DA, but get no extra benefits as I am only 25% total

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Mar 2017, 14:11

In my opinion I would say without hesitation that our Ombudsman is a go with the flow type of guy.
He knows what will flow with the bureaucrats, his not going to waste his time with the facts that are directly staring him in the face, he is going to kill two birds with one stone. He will make recommendations that he thinks will be implemented, at the same time making it all look good to the disabled Veterans. This in my opinion is the way this guy operates. Make no mistake, they are all in the same bed together, the Ombudsman, uncle Walt, and the useless MVA. The sad thing about it all is that it is working extremely well for the side of the government. Time is moving by, and time fits well with all of these little fixes that come from within the NVC, the longer they can hold onto the so called merits they claim the NVC has, and the NVC continues to improve, the more the old tax free pension from the pension act is forgotten. This I believe is the gold set by all government stripes, past, and present. Is it working well for the government? I would say it's working extremely well! We are now in March of 2017, I do believe we have many Veterans today that embrace the NVC and the changes being constantly made to it. We have a division among Veteran advocates that reflect that same gold set out by the government. And when senior advocates such as Perry Gray and Sean Bruyea try to stand up for Veterans by stating the true facts of what is really going on, they are shut out. How much longer do you think these advocates are going to continue to fight for Veterans, when Veterans and Veterans groups are turning against them for speaking the truth? We have a Charter that is so mixed up with benefits brought forward by bureaucrats who have now set themselves up for life, we have a MVA who allows the bureaucrats to run the show, the whole show! We have a DMVA who also licks up to the MVA in looking after his own well being, an Ombudsman who does not want to go against the grain even though going against the grain would bring out the true facts and perhaps make concrete changes. Take all of this and add to what's going on between the Veterans and Veterans groups, then ask yourself this, does the government have the best interest for all disabled Veterans and their families? Is the NVC better than the old pension act?

Here is another piece of this puzzle, why is it that we don't hear of Veterans who are 100% on the old pension act, coming forward stating that the NVC is better than the old act? It's a bit of a different answer, when the question is asked in reverse, isn't it?  

Again this is simply my opinion, no disrespect to those who are embracing the NVC and the changes being brought forward to it.

One thing I have noticed about this particular topic, Danny posted it early this morning, Myself, Danny and propat were the only ones who responded to it, it has many views already. This must mean that many are on board with what the Ombudsman has stated, it's all good, we are all on the same team, I hope things improve the way you believe it will.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Mar 2017, 13:22

danny these guys don't give two flying fracks about vets flat out . they are doing this as a pre-empt to the 2017 budget buds . their will be no return of the PA pension in it nothing even close maybe no lifetime pension at all .

soo they gotta get their message out prior to the budget that everything is good better in fact for the NVC guys than the PA guys . of course this message is for the general public they know NVC vets and the majority of all vets know better .

so ya it will come out in time so he can speak to it then the MVA then the PM .its repetition of talking points initiated by a guy the public believes is helping vets . same in the political world as the advertising world . repetition repatition repatition as in advertising blitzes and such .

the more ya here something the more likely you are to believe it or buy it .

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Mar 2017, 12:59

this fracking guy is just using fracked up math to help perpetuate a fracking lie . all to help the GOC and there PR team.

perfect time with tax time at hand I know a 100% guy on the NVC completely I help with fin advice / taxes . id like to bring this idiot with me to do his taxes as I bring mine with me . he would look and see hey they are pretty much the same when it comes to total income or taxable income proving my point .

then I would say now look at the non-taxable . ya see ive been out since 08 and received quite a bit more and I don't think I'm dying tomorrow . guess that shows ya what a complete joke you are .

more smoke and mirrors crap from this idiot coming down the pipe . I'm sure helping the GOC sell their crap is a good job and pays well one you might want to hold on to as long as possible . thing is when that job is suppose to be helping vets this guy should feel at least a little conflicted .

I just don't think he feels conflicted at all . paycheque above all else .

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 01 Mar 2017, 08:35

Canadian veterans are better served now but gaps remain: Ombudsman Img_2710
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 01 Mar 2017, 08:31

WTF are they doing this for?
I have friends that are in serious mental distress and all I can do is watch the circus as well as every other veteran and scratch my head to why such nonsense. 
 These policies make absolute no sense because we are not privileged to the Directive & Orders that are held deep within the bureaucracy of our beloved department of Veteran Affairs Canada.
My frontline worker and health team are phenomenal, but the rest I am not sure about.

"In the next few months his office will release an actuarial statement that compares benefits offered under the New Veterans Charter with those provided by the old Pension Plan and, he said, he expects it to show that the new system is now more generous than the one it replaced."

I can't wait to see this actuarial, if there's no mention of taxed versus non taxed, it won't pass the smell test. JMO
Canadian veterans are better served now but gaps remain: Ombudsman 624-53
TrooperCSAT Member                 I     HEAR       YA.     Airborne! Airborne! where are you? We have some work to do!

IT IS CALLED TAKING CARE OF ALL OF OUR FELLOW BROTHERs AND SISTERs OF THE CANADIAN FORCES.
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Mar 2017, 08:14

more of this guy doing PR for the GOC . look guys this guy has done this before and ive seen the numbers he used and I gotta tell ya its going to be a load of crap. these guys do love their word play do they not ?

look at the word " actuarial " sounds nice and official don't it? a true actuarial would show exactly what SHOULD be happening on the ground today . thing is he uses the words "with those provided by the old Pension Plan " .

he will simply compare seriously disabled vets from the two systems . the NVC vets with the assumption that ALL will get ELB , PIA , SUPP and whatever at the highest levels . then the PA guy without ANY of these because it was never part of the " old Pension Plan ".

exact same numbers and arguments the GOC and he has been using for a while . of course before even this cock eyed freaktarded math fell short at 90-95% of the old system or something around that range but now with the ELB increase ??? yup I expect it to show 100-105 % of what the " old Pension Plan " provided without ever mentioning or figuring into the math the fact that PA guys receive ELB , PIA and the rest as well .

he will not show comparisons of guys from both systems getting 5% 10% 15% or whatever not receiving the extra benefits because that just goes to the REAL issue the old pain and suffering benefit with the new . they know no matter what insane math they use their aint no putting lipstick on that pig . so that will be avoided at all costs .

nor will they do " still an unfair comparison " of the aggregate . an equal amount of low valued disability guys not getting the extras from both systems ( even though they are the majority ) and the same number of the moats disabled from both systems again assuming that the PA guys don't get the extras " old Pension Plan " and all that . because even with their own freaktarted math using an average the NVC still falls short .

all these extras are the same types of benefits vets have been fighting for fore many years before the NVC . the GOC just found a way to grant them in a way that would save a pile of money .

the PA guys like me got them in true fashion and the NVC guys are paying for it . thanks guys ???sorry bout that .

some old BS argument wrapped in a shinny new bow .

and finding a way to add stograns name into one of his statements to give it some hint of respectability is sacrilege in my books .

always question authority

propat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next