Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TPI Medical Questionnaire: Employment Capacity VAC671e

+8
johnny211
MarieH
czerv
pinger
Yump5555
SaintJohn18182
bosn181
robleggett
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

TPI Medical Questionnaire: Employment Capacity VAC671e Empty Re: TPI Medical Questionnaire: Employment Capacity VAC671e

Post by pinger Mon 04 Mar 2019, 19:08

671e rings a bell to me. The TPI application ? Same form # ... but updated from TPI to the current DEC ?

45jim wrote "I don't have a clean one to upload or send."

I will check. But even my blank copy from 3 - 4 years ( if i can find it ) would probably be rejected because it's the older form.
Pretty lengthy for a doctor to fill out I remember, and scrutinized by VAC bureaucrats. I was approved fast.
- pinger -
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

TPI Medical Questionnaire: Employment Capacity VAC671e Empty VAC 671e

Post by 45jim Mon 04 Mar 2019, 17:24

The form has been updated again (2018-07) and has been simplified.
I don't have a clean one to upload or send.

Page one has the normal identification information and "reason for referral" and in that box your case manager will explain DEC in simple terms. Under that there is space to list four (4) medical conditions (no more).
Each of the four medical conditions has the same information box as your disability claim, listing the condition, if the diagnosis is confirmed or provisional and if the doctor expects further improvement.

Then it asks how long the doctor has known you, date started treating as a patient, date of last visit and frequency of visits; weekly, monthly, more than monthly.

Then its employment. Have you stopped working? If yes, was it because of the medical conditions listed on page 1? then it asks date stopped working.

Below that is a list of treatments, physio, psyco, psychiatric, Occupational therapies. Surgery or other. In that section you detail what therapies you are doing.

At the end of that section it asks the objective of the treatment: improve function, maintain function, slow deterioration. Then asks if they Dr. suggests another treatment. Yes or No.

Lastly, it asks the Dr.
"Does this veteran have any limitations or restrictions related to his/her occupational capacity?" Yes or No.
"What is the estimated duration of limitation or restriction?" less than 3 months, 3-6 months, more than 6 months, permanent.

From my experience unless the Dr. says you have stopped work because of a permanent disability you have a claim approved for getting DEC may be difficult.

It appears that case managers/supervisors have more power to approve DEC applications leading up to April 1st. After that date, all DEC decisions will move to a group in Winnipeg.

45jim
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2018-02-03

Back to top Go down

TPI Medical Questionnaire: Employment Capacity VAC671e Empty TPI Medical Questionnaire: Employment Capacity VAC671e

Post by rms010201 Mon 04 Mar 2019, 17:06

Hi there, was wondering if you could also send me a copy of this form? Getting VAC to actually send it is like pulling teeth.

rms010201
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2019-03-04

Back to top Go down

TPI Medical Questionnaire: Employment Capacity VAC671e Empty Re: TPI Medical Questionnaire: Employment Capacity VAC671e

Post by Newfie Mon 26 Mar 2018, 16:30

45jim. Employment Capacity has to be sent to you. No longer accessible on VCC online

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 26 Mar 2018, 11:48

If your DEC after the age of 55 do they do an annual or bi annual follow up? I am way over that age!

Back to top Go down

TPI Medical Questionnaire: Employment Capacity VAC671e Empty VAC 671e

Post by 45jim Thu 22 Mar 2018, 11:02

Anyone have a copy of this form? Not found on the VAC site anymore.

45jim
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2018-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 12 Jul 2017, 20:50

When I received my reply... (reassessment TPI) it did indeed specify my disability.

The letter goes on.... " ...{VAC) has completed a review of your total and permanent incapacity designation.
We have determined that you continue to meet the VAC definition of totally and permanently incapacitated due to your ... "
bla bla bla.

Trying hard to remember or find a follow up med form for my doctor to have filled out which I would have a copy of that would have triggered TPI continuity.
I must have done that... or a QOL.

MarieH... finding an available doctor let alone a competent one is a son of a 'bee'.
Top that off with them dealing with VAC  Sad

2 cents
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Armygunner Mon 10 Jul 2017, 20:36

When you receive your VAC671 it should specify which disability should be reassessed. If this is not stated ask "VAC" for clarification.

Armygunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2016-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 09 Jul 2017, 22:39

yes, I wonder about this form, as I have not had a family doctor in over a decade, when I feel sick/get hurt I simply attend an out patients clinic

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieH Sun 09 Jul 2017, 22:01

thanks for your response Johnny, I am almost 55 and I got the form in the mail last week, however I got it a little bit earlier (2 years in Oct) because I mentioned to my CM last May that my family doctor is retiring in Nov and I would not have a Doctor to fill out the form, then she said she would send it earlier. I think it is best for me to have it fill out by my current doctor than a doctor who does not know me at all or have the stress to find one to fill it out. At least this one did fill out my SISIP forms twice. An OT could be an option also. I was hoping to read that some people did give a sheet to their doc with the questionnaire.

MarieH
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Sun 09 Jul 2017, 19:57

Hi Marie H - I will be coming up to this soon also. I'm over 55 and have heard they may not do it. But that could be rumor also. But one idea I had for you. As part of my AA appeal, I have asked them to send out an OT too my house to do an assessment. This may be something you can ask VAC to do for you, as part of your 2 yr reassessment. I was willing to get one myself if they did not agree to pay for it. Anyone know if this will fly? And does everyone on DEC get a 2 yr reassessment?
Johnny Out..VVV...
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by MarieH Sun 09 Jul 2017, 19:04

Hi All, I am wondering if any of you are giving a sheet stating your medical problems and how you feel etc…with the VAC671 form to your doctor to help him out to fill out the form properly, the reason I am asking is because the form is asking a lots of information in the past (such as treatments and medications used to stabilise my condition, my limitations et..) that I doubt my doctor is aware of because he was not my doctor at that time and every time I keep telling some of my problems it is like he is just  ignoring me. I want him to put some emphasis on my VAC disabilities. When he filled out the SISIP form he did not write all my problems and all this is really adding anxiety. This is my two years re-assessment and I do not have the initial form. Do you think the Doctor will be offended if I am giving him a sheet because I really want this form to be properly filled. Appt with him cannot be more than 10 mins at a time, and out of the office as quickly as possible.

Marie

MarieH
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2017-06-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Jul 2017, 11:32

Medical Questionnaire: Employment Capacity;
a specialized functional capacity assessment; an employability assessment...
So none of these assessment forms are available to view?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 03 Jul 2017, 14:12

The DEC VAC 671 Medical Questionnaire: Employment Capacity has been updated on VAC's website, however, it does not seem as though they updated the functional capacity assessment and the employability assessment yet.

Here is some info for you Artie:

A DEC decision must be based on evidence in relation to the health problem(s) for which the Veteran is eligible for the Rehabilitation Program.

The following objective evidence must be considered in making a DEC decision:

the prognosis regarding the program-eligible health problem(s); and
the impact of the program eligible health problem(s) on the Veteran’s:
functional capacity; and
employability.

Information to evaluate these factors may be obtained as required from sources including, but not limited to, the following:

medical/rehabilitation reports, which reflect the Veteran’s current health status and functional capacity;
the VAC 671 Medical Questionnaire: Employment Capacity;
a specialized
functional capacity assessment; an employability assessment and/or a vocational assessment obtained from a vocational rehabilitation provider;
Service Income Security Insurance Plan - Long Term Disability (SISIP-LTD) reports and Canada Pension Plan (CPP) – Disability Pension reports; and
any other relevant information needed to make a DEC decision

Specialized assessments, such as employability and functional capacity assessments, may not be required in all cases. For example, the medical report that accompanies the application may provide sufficient evidence to make a DEC decision for a Veteran with a clear and significant loss of functional capacity and employability.

Where evidence indicates that, with additional medical, psycho-social or vocational rehabilitation, the Veteran could have potential to regain capacity for suitable gainful employment, the Veteran should not be found to have met the criteria for a DEC designation.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/policy/document/1971

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Mon 03 Jul 2017, 11:19

You may have to google it to get that form. Almost, impossible to find it anymore of VAC portal.
I am dealing now with SISIP/Manulife shi***. Apparently, doctors statement on their Manulife form, that i am not capable of any employment is not enough! They want supporting documents.

Bast#$%^.

Cheers

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next