Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Case Mangler - Loss of work/job proposal - anyone ever heard of this option ?....

Go down

Case Mangler - Loss of work/job proposal - anyone ever heard of this option ?.... Empty Re: Case Mangler - Loss of work/job proposal - anyone ever heard of this option ?....

Post by Guest Thu 09 Mar 2017, 13:06

Well I`m not going to raise any red flags ( or white ones for that matter ), I`ll keep on soldiering on, however if/when my employer decides I no longer fit in their organization due to my medical situation then I`ll turn to VAC. the downside is, that 90% of what I was making before I left the military is considerably less than what I`m making now. And any retraining would most likely be in a minimum wage job based on my age and no marketable skills other than night watchman.

Back to top Go down

Case Mangler - Loss of work/job proposal - anyone ever heard of this option ?.... Empty Re: Case Mangler - Loss of work/job proposal - anyone ever heard of this option ?....

Post by Guest Thu 09 Mar 2017, 12:12

Artie,

I have no Idea if VAC pays your employer your wages for giving you time off. I haven't heard of such a thing, but things are changing all the time, so who knows.
If you doubt your CM, make a call to VAC asking them to verify the statement given to you by your CM.

As far as working, or continuing to work, that's a personal choice that lies with your decision. You know what your capable of, so it's your call.

In my own opinion, if it was me making such a decision in my own situation concerning work, or no work, I would be looking ahead of the game, in other words not what your making today, what you will be making tomorrow and moving forward into your retirement. This coupled with any medical conditions or disabilities that one may have.

It's one of those situations that needs to be looked at in a future type setting, in other words you may have the capabilities to work today with your condition or conditions or disabilities, which is all good, but you don't want this work to impact any future approvals for benefits that you maybe entitled to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Mar 2017, 10:06

My worry is that if I leave my current job to get " sorted out", (even if that is a program offered by VAC ) , that now my employer will be aware of my medical situation and decide I can`t work for them at all. I`m sure if that happened people would say" that`s wrongful dismissal , take them to court, blah, blah, blah" but I`m not going to go through all that nausea and even if I did "win" my job back I`d be ostracized at work. I don`t want to voluntarily leave my current job for retraining even if VAC has a program to retrain because I don`t think I`ll get another job like the one I have now, which I attained when I was a lot healthier both physically and mentally.

Back to top Go down

Case Mangler - Loss of work/job proposal - anyone ever heard of this option ?.... Empty Case Mangler - Loss of work/job proposal - anyone ever heard of this option ?....

Post by Guest Wed 08 Mar 2017, 17:31

I was released medically almost 20 years ago, I have found work that I can do, and have been in the workforce for the last 9 years. Lately my PTSD symptoms have put my job in jeopardy. My CM threw out some suggestions, in addition to seeing a psychiatrist ,my CM said " what if you took 3 months off work to sort out your issues and VAC paid your employer your salary so it would cost them nothing and you would not lose your job". Is this actually a thing or does my CM even know what they are talking about? It`s not the same as the program where they put you through new job training and you get 90% of your wage prior to leaving the military as long as you are seeking help for mental issues.I couldn`t find anything on the option of a "leave of absence from a civilian job" , anyone ever done this or is my CM out to lunch?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down