Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CAREGIVER RECOGNITION BENEFIT??

2 posters

Go down

CAREGIVER RECOGNITION BENEFIT?? Empty Re: CAREGIVER RECOGNITION BENEFIT??

Post by bosn181 Thu 30 Mar 2017, 20:36

i can fully understand where you coming from and it can be interpreted in different ways but i am a newfie and the hardest thing to find there is 3 wise men and a virgin so grandfather can be pretty young in years there lol no offence to my fellow newfs

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by forthecountry Thu 30 Mar 2017, 20:14

Thanks Bosn181. It seems talking about Attendance Allowance is kinda like comparing apples and oranges since Attendance Allowance is paid to the vet whereas the Caregiver Recognition Benefit is paid directly to the caregiver. Also the Attendance allowance is much harder to qualify or.

But the example in the VAC fact sheet would lead one to think it is for ALL veterans.
http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/department-officials/minister/budget/supporting-families/caregiver-recognition-benefit-facts
This is the example:
"Florence is a 28 year old woman who takes care of her grandfather who is a Veteran and continues to live at home. Florence is not receiving compensation for the care she is providing, which includes daily supervision, cooking, maintaining the home and running errands. The new Caregiver Recognition Benefit will provide Florence with the monthly amount of $1,000 paid directly to her in acknowledgement of the care and support she provides."

So in the example, a grandfather Vet would be getting an old style VAC pension (just like me)
This example from VAC just leads me to think that Caregiver Recognition Benefit is something my caregiver would be eligible for. What do you think?

Last edited by forthecountry on Thu 30 Mar 2017, 20:39; edited 1 time in total

forthecountry
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2017-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Thu 30 Mar 2017, 10:59

from what i understand those that are awarded the lump sum payment only, can apply for the caregiver those that are on the old system or a combo of old and new apply for the attendance allowance, the ones on the lump sum payment only are not able to apply for the attendance allowance and that allowance has different ranges of payments you can look up

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by forthecountry Wed 29 Mar 2017, 08:52

Thanks Trooper. All these new benefits seem good but not eligible, hopefully beneficial to others

forthecountry
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 29 Mar 2017, 05:56

forthecountry wrote:Ok this new benefit announced with the Budget 2017. Question: are people with regular VAC PENSIONS eligible for the CAREGIVER RECOGNITION BENEFIT?
Has anyone verified with VAC that they are eligible for this benefit when they are on the old pension system and NOT on the new disability awards system?

As far as I know those getting 1% or more from the pension act will not qualify for the new Caregiver Recognition Benefit.

Keep in mind this new benefit does not take affect until, April 01, 2018, there will be more info on this benefit before the coming into affect date.

Back to top Go down

CAREGIVER RECOGNITION BENEFIT?? Empty CAREGIVER RECOGNITION BENEFIT??

Post by forthecountry Tue 28 Mar 2017, 22:55

Ok this new benefit announced with the Budget 2017. Question: are people with regular VAC PENSIONS eligible for the CAREGIVER RECOGNITION BENEFIT?
Has anyone verified with VAC that they are eligible for this benefit when they are on the old pension system and NOT on the new disability awards system?

forthecountry
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down