Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

+26
propat
SaintJohn18182
frustrated
xtraforus
Tilap61
Rifleman
Newfie
By the Bay
bog6
Nemo
Rustytheviking
pinger
Teager
bosn181
Armygunner
Cctchevy18
Mike77
Slaket
cosmo12
bigrex
Dannypaj
johnny211
Willie
Vet1234
czerv
30 posters

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

Post by BinRat Thu 29 Mar 2018, 18:33

Just after that last change last year, where they were going through everyone's file and upgrading people who need to be.

Well mine was denied cause I was DEC at that time, but if they had read my file they would have seen I was like 1 report away.

Anyhow, after I was DEC, My Case Manager and I got the Umm CIA form, and re-sent it in for re-assessment because now I was DEC

I did get increased from 3 to 2, on the letter they sent, they said I could have served another 11.66 year's, so that is why I got upgraded level

Though, it took me many calls, and just short of a year to get my Level Change.

Though I did also get a an additional deposit of it being back dated

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)  - Page 2 Empty Re: Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)

Post by Teager Thu 29 Mar 2018, 15:24

Anyone know how long to get CIAS once you have DEC? I submitted the form for the supplement today. Also has anyone been successful in moving up from a grade 3 to grade 2 once deemed DEC?

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Sun 25 Mar 2018, 14:55

rmsclk hey ya I applied for all my NVC benefits all at the same time and they all came in one at a time . all were accepted but these are not automatic . they were evaluated one at a time . don't recall exactly what was all contained in that big pile of paperwork think at the time it was TPI not DEC but if it was done right your would have contained the DEC paperwork unless for some reason you previously applied for and received the DEC designation.

at the time if I recall correctly the TPI stuff was a big pile of paperwork requiring doctors stuff as I assume the DEC stuff does and just a single page application for CIAS or at the time PIAS if ya will that required nothing elce . any of that ring a bell ?

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Sun 25 Mar 2018, 13:54

It seems to me that they (VAC) does not want anybody to apply for CIA supplement any sooner than after 2 years. And, even that is being discouraged by some of the CMs. Maybe, it is too much 'work' for them.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Sun 25 Mar 2018, 13:39

rsmclk836. Have you been approved for DEC? If not then your CIA supplement will be denied and only CIA approved

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)  - Page 2 Empty CIA Supplement

Post by rmsclk836 Sun 25 Mar 2018, 11:43

I did apply for the CIA supplement and the CIA at the same time. I received the CIA but not the supplement.

rmsclk836
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2018-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Thu 22 Mar 2018, 16:43

I had my form completed by my Psychologist. Who knew my history far better than my family Doctor.

Newfie
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Thu 22 Mar 2018, 16:25

Yes, you need to be deemed DEC first before getting the supplement. It is a separate application from CIA. I am in the process of applying right now and just finished having the doctor fill out his portion. czerv is correct that form is not available through VAC online. I actually lost the form they sent by mail and my case manager just faxed over the paperwork directly to my doctor.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Thu 22 Mar 2018, 16:06

No. You have to be deemed DEC and then apply for the CIA supplement. I was getting CIA for 2 years before I was finally DEC

Newfie
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Thu 22 Mar 2018, 13:16

My understanding is that you may get level 3,2, or 1 (if you qualify) but for supplement you need to jump through more hoops. Now, I believe they call it DEC?
You will need to do 'Medical Questionnaire: Employment Capacity" form VAC671e.
Could not find that form on VAC portal. I guess, they hide it.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 22 Mar 2018, 12:35

I would say yes. if you go to myvacaccount under payments you receive it might show you how much so you would be able to figure out if its level 3,2,or 1

Back to top Go down

Career Impact Allowance (CIA) and the Career Impact Allowance Supplement (CIAS)  - Page 2 Empty CIA & Supplement

Post by rmsclk836 Thu 22 Mar 2018, 12:30

If I have been approved for Career Impact Allowance does that automatically mean I will get the supplement?

rmsclk836
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2018-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 06 Mar 2018, 15:38

Basically, what they are saying is that the maximum they will pay is one year of retro. So say if you make an application in March 2016, but it didn't get approved until this week by VRAB, VAC would only pay back to March of 2017. But when I requested a review, and my PIA was increased, they only increased my payments going forward. There was no retro payments.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmo12 Tue 06 Mar 2018, 11:15

Good day guys;

a quick question for you this morning. Just saw on my VacAccount that they bumbed my CIA from level 3 to 2.

I need your help to understand: Clarification: Date payable: CIA and an increase in the grade level due to a reassessment, begins to be payable[u] on the later of:
[
the day on which the application for the allowance was made (see the Application section of this
policy); and
a
the day that is one year prior to the day on which the application for the allowance is approved, i.e.
one year prior to the decision date; and
What is your inderstanding of this if my original application was 17 feb 2014: a. retro paiement one year or retro paiement to the date I summited my application for review ?

confusing..

thanks

Cosmo

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 07 Feb 2018, 21:02

peep, once you are approved for CIA, they can't just take it away, just because you aren't on the rehab program any more. It sounds like someone really screwed the pooch. Before cancelling CIA, it has to be suspended first, and you are supposed to get a letter stating why it is suspended. If the situation is not addressed, they then cancel it, and arte supposed to send a second letter explaining why it was cancelled. And from looking at the Act, and the regulations, the only reason for cancelling CIA, is for non-compliance, such as failing to provide medical questionnaires that are requested. It says nothing about the rehab program, other than that you have to have had a rehab program approved, before applying..
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next