Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinking of suing VAC - Need info and lawyer help

5 posters

Go down

Thinking of suing VAC - Need info and lawyer help Empty Re: Thinking of suing VAC - Need info and lawyer help

Post by MTGlass Fri 18 Aug 2017, 18:33

@Armygunner

Thank you very much for picking that up, I know that this organization  helped me out and they were very kind and helpful to me but you are 100% percent correct in saying they are American and he is an American actor  as well and it was when I was in some dire assistance when I was in the USA when they really helped me out greatly, thanks again. I do apologize to anyone if I misguided them with this info.

This is  the in regards to free legal assistance to vets I was thinking of.

https://www.otla.com/index.cfm?pg=PressRelease_Trial_Lawyers_for_Veterans

Would there be any chance that you would be able to explain how they figure out the legal fees that we are able to claim from the law suit? I did see the contact info from here and have sent an email I am just wondering if you knew the basics on how they figure it out. This law suit at the end of the day was not really worth it.

MTGlass
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2017-07-14

Back to top Go down

Thinking of suing VAC - Need info and lawyer help Empty Re: Thinking of suing VAC - Need info and lawyer help

Post by Newf Fri 18 Aug 2017, 17:52

Touch base with your Member of Parliament. He/she may be able to help you or provide some options, If not then he/she may also be able to you to someone else who can assist you.

If you have not already then I suggest doing up a timeline of events, treatment, contacts made with VAC, etc to help you explain and provide an overview of your situation.

All the best DonnieD.
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Armygunner Fri 18 Aug 2017, 16:52

MTGlass wrote:The Veterans Transition Network

Gary Sinise Foundation

This Canadian Actor is a HUGE advocate for Canadian Vets!

The Gary Sinise Foundation serves our nation by honoring our defenders, veterans, first responders, their families and those in need. We do this by creating and supporting unique programs designed to entertain, educate, inspire, strengthen and build communities.

I know this s not legal services per say but they may have connections or resources that may help and or guide you in the right direction.

Gary Sinise is an American and his foundation is for US Vets not Canadian.

Armygunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2016-09-04

Back to top Go down

Thinking of suing VAC - Need info and lawyer help Empty Here are some resources that may also be of help to you

Post by MTGlass Fri 18 Aug 2017, 13:19

The Veterans Transition Network

Gary Sinise Foundation

This Canadian Actor is a HUGE advocate for Canadian Vets!

The Gary Sinise Foundation serves our nation by honoring our defenders, veterans, first responders, their families and those in need. We do this by creating and supporting unique programs designed to entertain, educate, inspire, strengthen and build communities.

I know this s not legal services per say but they may have connections or resources that may help and or guide you in the right direction.

MTGlass
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2017-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 25 Apr 2017, 15:32

Regarding taking legal action, my advise would be to first contact certain established Individuals for guidance or advise.

The Veterans Ombudsman would be one to contact: http://www.ombudsman-veterans.gc.ca/eng/complaint

Peter Stoffer would be another Individual to contact: http://mdlo.ca/our-team/peter-stoffer/

Michel Drapeau would be another Individual to contact: http://mdlo.ca/contact-us/

Contacting one or all of these Individuals will cost you nothing, they would be the best to guide you or direct you on what options you have in having your main complaints brought forward.

Back to top Go down

Post by Willie Tue 25 Apr 2017, 12:09

Have you contacted the Ombudsman office? I hope others on csat have some advise they can offer you. My thoughts go out to you DonnieD.

Willie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2017-01-19

Back to top Go down

Thinking of suing VAC - Need info and lawyer help Empty Thinking of suing VAC - Need info and lawyer help

Post by DonnieD Tue 25 Apr 2017, 10:41

I have been thinking of suing VAC (not sure if VAC is the target or dod) for 3 years now and I think I'm about to lose it because I can't get the help I need. I'm a young guy whose life was ruined and I was put on permanent disability at age 25. Basically my life is ruined. Now I wouldn't have a problem but I've been mistreated by vac throughout the years, I have to fight them for everything since my first day of release 10 years ago. I never appealed my first assessment years ago due to the PTSD being at an all time high and I couldn't take the extra stress, so they gave me some bullshit assessment and I've been pissed about it for years. Been seeing the same doctor that vac initially recommended for 10 years now and have always been diagnosed for ptsd and mdd and she's shocked vac denies me this or that. The diagnosis I have is apparently under the ptsd umbrella but it's very generic and the award I got for damages is very small. So I have been denied medication last year for ptsd which I had to end up forking my award money for every month since then.
I also was misdiagnosed by the military and ohip for 10 years and ended up going to europe, getting diagnosed and having surgery within 1 year (again used my award money for this (rent, surgery, doctors, medications, mri's etc). I came back and talked to vac to submit my claims (had letters from surgeons translated professionally) and VAC told me that I can't submit it. So I never did full physio because I thought I would come back and do it here and need treatment on the leg to help with the pain but they won't accept it. The service officer at vac that I used to have actually laughed at me when I told him about this and asked him if I can submit my claims with the european diagnosis / surgery notes. If anything I can prove it with the 15 cm scar in my hip area

In either case, I hope someone can tell me what kind of lawyer I need to talk to, and if they know any very good lawyers that fit us veterans in the GTA area. Also who should be my target in this matter? I already wasted 10 years and my life is passing before my eyes. I can't leave the house, I can't go shopping, my anger is still very high and my symptoms are manifesting because it's not getting treated properly and I can't get the support I need.

DonnieD
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2015-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down