Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why is the Bureau of Pension Advocates (BPA) calling me asking me if I have any appeals in the works?

Go down

Why is the Bureau of Pension Advocates (BPA) calling me asking me if I have any appeals in the works? Empty Re: Why is the Bureau of Pension Advocates (BPA) calling me asking me if I have any appeals in the works?

Post by Guest Fri 26 May 2017, 17:32

You need to contact them and ask them what they are looking for. It could be info relating to an old case that they are investigating, if not, tell them you have no appeals in, and ask them what is the purpose of them contacting you.

Back to top Go down

Why is the Bureau of Pension Advocates (BPA) calling me asking me if I have any appeals in the works? Empty Re: Why is the Bureau of Pension Advocates (BPA) calling me asking me if I have any appeals in the works?

Post by Rubicon Fri 26 May 2017, 11:37

It's no joke, we played phone tag and the case manager ended up calling me back. I have a name and valid phone number; I just find it interesting that they would be calling me with that particular question when they have all of the information to begin with. There is either an appeal in the works or there isn't and that can be determined with paperwork in the system which they should have. In my case there is no an appeal in progress.
Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 26 May 2017, 11:19

BPA are on your side. I would call them back sounds to me its someone making a cruel/prank call. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Why is the Bureau of Pension Advocates (BPA) calling me asking me if I have any appeals in the works? Empty Why is the Bureau of Pension Advocates (BPA) calling me asking me if I have any appeals in the works?

Post by Rubicon Fri 26 May 2017, 11:08

Got a strange call from the London, Ontario BPA Office the other day asking me if I have any appeals in the works. They would already know this information if there was a paper trail so I suspect they were on a fishing trip of sorts but I don't know why. I did disclose that I had a reassessment request in the works but that there were no appeals. I don't have a warm feeling when the BPA doesn't know what's going on and just asks members out of the blue. Quite frankly it is none of their business until they get the paperwork if and when I decide to appeal a decision. Has anyone else been called with a request like this from the BPA or am I just being paranoid?
Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down