Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manulife?

4 posters

Go down

Manulife? Empty Re: Manulife?

Post by By the Bay Wed 12 Jul 2017, 22:07

If an insurance company want to send their Magnum P.I to spy on me, all they are going to find is a broken-down crazy woman who spends most of her days at home talking to her dog! I am really not that interesting! Even my dog finds my conversations boring! Lol
But I agree that people do need to be careful with what they share with SISIP. 😀
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Wed 12 Jul 2017, 20:22

Those bloody insurance comps also have PIs to spy on you if you are on their radar.
Manulife/SISIP is just that.
It is probably better to be with VAC for LTD than with those ....

Cheers

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger Wed 12 Jul 2017, 20:06

By the Bay wrote" I can not drive a tractor trailer but I can fly a spaceship!' " THAT'S THE SPIRIT !
Damn insurance company crap, you do have to be very careful somedays though.
They can be very slimy if you don't have your guard up.
pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1270
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Jul 2017, 13:57

By the Bay ...you do not have to be concerned about a call but always call them back to ensure its the right people. Its safe! I chose to do it on the phone. Five question and your done for another year. Good luck...

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Mon 10 Jul 2017, 13:51

Trooper,
I would rather fill it out myself. It's my information and I like to some say in what is being put into my file. As for them asking you if you can 'drive or operate tractor trailer', my smart a** would most likely say, 'no I can not drive a tractor trailer but I can fly a spaceship!' lol!
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Mon 10 Jul 2017, 13:40

Indeed this is what they are doing. And I happily obliged to take a few minutes on the phone with them. So simple. This was the first year they called me and when asked if I would prefer a phone call or a form, I said phone call.

But to each their own. You have the choice.

Of course, when I first got the message to call them back I was rather concerned. But it was an easy process and one in which I could chose to decline.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Jul 2017, 12:20

By the Bay wrote:Hi guys,
I just received the strangest phone call from SISIP! Has anyone had SISIP give them the option of completing the annual Client Medical form over the phone with or have it mailed?  The guy on the phone asked me, "would I rather have him mail my clients' portion of the annual SISIP form to me or complete the form over the phone with him!"  Has anyone ever heard of  Manulife doing this?  He said that I don't require a Doctor's Statement this year (I have not seen one of those in 8 years) and that I have only the one form to fill out. I did not feel comfortable completing the form over the phone and I asked him to mail it instead! I would like to fill it out myself thank-you! Any thoughts as to why SISIP would be doing this?

By the Bay,

I don't blame you for refusing to answer questions over the phone, I would do the same, send me the form. All of this continuous medical reviews are just BS. Who wants to spread their own personal problems around, get the doctor to fill out the forms the first time, and going forward they should just send in the members form unless their was a reported improvement by the members form, reported by the member.

There seems to be a lot of inquires as to the 2017 SISIP medical yearly statements, my guess is that they have changed around or hired new Case Managers and like all new positions, they are feeling their own way through the operations of their clients files. I had one in January asking me if I can drive or operate a tractor trailer, LOL and WTF at the same time, my doctor laugh at it and said who ever sent this did not obviously read my file.

Here is a forum topic on this very topic:

https://csat.forumotion.com/t4227-anyone-get-phone-calls-from-sisip

Back to top Go down

Manulife? Empty Manulife?

Post by By the Bay Mon 10 Jul 2017, 11:10

Hi guys,
I just received the strangest phone call from SISIP! Has anyone had SISIP give them the option of completing the annual Client Medical form over the phone with or have it mailed?  The guy on the phone asked me, "would I rather have him mail my clients' portion of the annual SISIP form to me or complete the form over the phone with him!"  Has anyone ever heard of  Manulife doing this?  He said that I don't require a Doctor's Statement this year (I have not seen one of those in 8 years) and that I have only the one form to fill out. I did not feel comfortable completing the form over the phone and I asked him to mail it instead! I would like to fill it out myself thank-you! Any thoughts as to why SISIP would be doing this?
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum