Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Male veterans more likely to die from suicide

3 posters

Go down

Male veterans more likely to die from suicide Empty Re: Male veterans more likely to die from suicide

Post by bog6 Fri 06 Oct 2017, 09:33

Dameon, I hear you, all you can do is day by day. It is like riding a roller coaster. For myself, it is important that i use the tools i was taught to get me back to my happy place. Trust me it is not easy but you have to keep trying..somedays it takes much longer than others to over come those voices.

riding the coaster that never stops...

bog6
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Male veterans more likely to die from suicide Empty Re: Male veterans more likely to die from suicide

Post by Dameon Fri 06 Oct 2017, 07:26

Smoke and mirrors. The military culture does not support those with mental illness. We are taught in basic that weakness is the devil. And that continues our whole career. How do they plan on changing that? I've almost given in, so many times now that I can't count, but I am still around for some reason. But even though I know that my desperation comes from this mental hell hole, and that my inability to come to terms with it, has everything to do with conditioning, I still go there. If they truly want to do something about it, they will have to change the whole military culture, from the bottom up.

Dameon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2017-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum