Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Silence on Life Time Policy

Page 35 of 35 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35

Go down

Re: Silence on Life Time Policy

Post by LostTrucker on Sat 25 Nov 2017, 16:08

Wildthing wrote:All the liberal government has done is promise stuff to take effect after next election, or over the next ten years.
Billions have been spent outside of Canada. The few dollars spent inside Canada are geared for refugees, illegals or on entertainment project's museums etc. With 1 million more immigrants coming in 450k a year where will they get the money for anything? Last report 90% of the refugees were still unemployed so what are social system's going to look like and health care?

thats why they came out with the housing announcement.......its not for us Canadians.
LostTrucker
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2016-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 25 Nov 2017, 14:53

All the liberal government has done is promise stuff to take effect after next election, or over the next ten years.
Billions have been spent outside of Canada. The few dollars spent inside Canada are geared for refugees, illegals or on entertainment project's museums etc. With 1 million more immigrants coming in 450k a year where will they get the money for anything? Last report 90% of the refugees were still unemployed so what are social system's going to look like and health care?

Back to top Go down

Post by LostTrucker on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 20:52

johnny211 wrote:Bosn181 - If I where too take a quess on the date of announcement. It will be the very last day before the gov breaks for Xmas. That way they will think Vets and joe civi will be too wrapped up in the merry old season to give a rats ass on what they dream up. Bend over Brothers, itís going to be a rough ride..Johnny Out..VVV...

don't forget it won't be in effect until the very last minute.......next summer or the summer after......willing to put money on that one...lol
LostTrucker
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 19:41

Bosn181 - If I where too take a quess on the date of announcement. It will be the very last day before the gov breaks for Xmas. That way they will think Vets and joe civi will be too wrapped up in the merry old season to give a rats ass on what they dream up. Bend over Brothers, itís going to be a rough ride..Johnny Out..VVV...
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 12:10

the sad thing is they kept talking about we must take our time and get it right and the minister kept harping on it as well the new minister says he hopes this announcement will satisfy vets and the lawsuit from Equitas so after all this time trying to find out the cheapest way not to pay i am wondering what they have come up with seeing they have 18 days left sitting before they break for the holidays and after waiting years for this answer these next few weeks seems longer to me than all the years it took to get here

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Tue 21 Nov 2017, 09:47

they won't lay it out in plain english. they never do. they make a general misrepresentation of the policy and the criteria which is designed to denial, hides in VAC policy.
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 571
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Mon 20 Nov 2017, 22:13

Yes "option" is a word to be worried about because this word has to work with the TOD, table of disabilities, in their calculations. Will the lump sum and lifelong TOD be the same?

That said IMO they are trying to figure out a way to make the word option workable with choosing lifelong pension or a lump sum payment.

Right now the braintrust in PEI is trying to figure out how they are going to make the lump sump payment, if chosen, legally binding as a final settlement for an injury.

Part of that legally binding problem is going to be consequential injuries or a deteriorated condition. Does the vet have to stay with the lump sum or can they legally switch to a lifetime pension for the consequential or deteriorated claim.

This is probably the biggest issue they are trying to figure out because they are going to have to lay out the rules in extremely perfect easy English for anyone and everyone to understand so they do not get sued in court.

Because we all know this government fights legal battles against veteran's whereas they fold like a tissue when it's a Canadian immigrant who's Charter Rights were violated.
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3319
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by pinger on Mon 20 Nov 2017, 21:38

JMO...

If this soon tba life-long pension announcement isn't an endgame, it will just get drawn out longer and longer and longer (more than likely).
But here is a good article of rebuttal for the silence and then some...

http://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/veteran-protest-1.4397896

Now short of that, perhaps we should all buy shares of Unilever (Vaseline).
The returns are better than anything sisip gives veterans...

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/prices-and-markets/stocks/summary/company-summary-chart.html?fourWayKey=GB00B10RZP78GBGBXSET0

Smile † pinger
pinger
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1247
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman on Thu 16 Nov 2017, 20:12

IF, in a perfect scenario, they restored the pension as it exists for everyone, they would still need to take care of the ďpayoutsĒ.
The NVC payouts actually value out to approximately 7 years of pensions for married with 2 children. (Iím basing this on very rough values of payouts / pension amount to get number of months)

You know that it wonít be the perfect scenario, and that basically anyone with existing nvc payouts would most likely still have to wait years, and probably more than the 7 since payout before they even see a cent.

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 on Thu 16 Nov 2017, 18:35

Lost trucker - You where bang on with this quote;
Oh and this whole "option" crap.......well I cant wait to use my other "option"........the one on voting day!!!
If JT messes this one, it will equate too thousands of lost votes next time round. Johnny Out,,VVV...
johnny211
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LostTrucker on Thu 16 Nov 2017, 18:25

i personally think they are looking for ways to minimize their payout......like they did with the retro payment. †When that was announced it didn't mention a word of indexing....basically resulting in vets getting half of what they should. †I think "If" they give us a pension there will be more hidden strings attached.......like taxed or "A" claws back on "B" or some other reason that I'm sure they will dream up.

My opinion is this......you can only "re-establish" something you had before.....and we only had one pension before. †If they come up with any new terms it is called "creating"......not "re-establishing"

Oh and this whole "option" crap.......well I cant wait to use my other "option"........the one on voting day!!!
LostTrucker
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce72 on Thu 16 Nov 2017, 15:38

If it doesn't reflect the Pension Act, it'll be junk.
Bruce72
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 783
Registration date : 2014-03-13

Back to top Go down

Silence on Life Time Policy

Post by johnny211 on Thu 16 Nov 2017, 06:04

So I figure itís less then a mth now before the gov breaks for Xmas.
And still no announcement. It is mind bogeling how it can take them
2 yrs too write this up. Whatever the bean counters come up with,
Iím sure will cause a Vet uproar, and so it should. Anyoneís quess when
And what it will look like? I just sent this email below, I do not expect an answer..

Sean, and Wayne. it appears no one will give the Vets of this country a straight answer.
We are now into 3 days before the house breaks for Xmas. And no announcement, on the new
Life time pension, that has been 2 yrs in the works. The PM, and
MVA both advised the announcement will be before this Friday.
I think MP,s sometimes forget that if not for the Vets, there would
Be no parliament. So in order for me to watch it , I would like the day, well
In the next 3 days that it will happen?
It appears our MVA ignores all emails. I really donít want the political
Normal answer, like running in a circle.
Sean and Wayne, can you now advise me the when/day/ time of the announcement.

Johnny Out. VVV...

Last edited by johnny211 on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:51; edited 1 time in total
johnny211
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 35 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 33, 34, 35