Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decision coming Monday December 4 2017

+4
Dannypaj
BinRat
bosn181
LostTrucker
8 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Decision coming Monday December 4 2017 Empty Re: Decision coming Monday December 4 2017

Post by Guest Fri 08 Dec 2017, 06:09

Here is what you do those who have good speaking skills, who served in Afghanistan, go to the high schools universities etc
and inform students exactly what war is like. Also take your mountains of paperwork and teach them the biggest battle when your injured is getting compensation for your injuries because the government can change what was promised in the middle of conflict. I  have some lovely witness statements I can can copy and send also a vrab appeal  that's so nutty and full of lying bs and ignorance it would give them nightmares. Thing is the government owns us it doesn't own them. Do a lesson plan from evidence and inform that it's an indoctrination for life!!!
No honor, respect or security... forget the petty protests educate the youth that's the best option for change.

Back to top Go down

Decision coming Monday December 4 2017 Empty Re: Decision coming Monday December 4 2017

Post by propat Thu 07 Dec 2017, 18:53

well this is where it should head . as I have layed out before a quiet protest . two sine's one opposing the buyouts for disabled vets one opposing buyouts for widows . positioned at the back so no disruption only held up while politicians are speaking . one protest in Ottawa and all the provincial capitals . cameras WILL air those two messages .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 07 Dec 2017, 13:25

Like I said it would be hard to do but it is the only day all of Canada thinks of veterans.

Yes Ottawa would be the hardest to do as all the vet org honcho's are usually in attendance. But when it's just the PM laying the wreath is when vets turn their backs.

At ceremonies in all the small towns when the politician lays the wreath turn your back to them.

I feel that any other day or event the protest doesn't have impact because everyone, everywhere, every event has protesters and that is where the vet issue will merge with them.

But doing it on Nov 11 ONLY when the politician lays the wreath backs are turned. It will be focused news from the small town papers, radio to national tv. A silent protest to the politician from our silenced brothers and sisters.

I suggest it now as it's a year away and the idea can be spread across Canada and all the chat forums can discuss it and decide. I really think it could be the quietest protest with the largest punch to the govt's gut.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Thu 07 Dec 2017, 13:03

you make a good point

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by sailor964 Thu 07 Dec 2017, 08:25

Every so often the concept of protesting on a remembrance comes up as a no no for the fallen. Every protest seems to be non functional to the deaf ears of politicians. No matter what in the back of my mind I keep on feeling bad for the families of the fallen and if a protest was to happen on an 11 of November are we not fighting for the families as well but still respecting the values of our departed. I feel it's not that bad of an idea. My two cents.
sailor964
sailor964
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Dec 2017, 02:57

Teentitan wrote:Further to what Steelgunner said...

Once we form a true alliance of NVC Veterans, PA Veterans, Veterans, and the Legion working together in a common bond. We have to keep our message simple to bring them to the table and really negotiate in a position of power. The government understands only two things, “Protests and Public Oppinion!”  

This idea has been discussed before but I think this is the one Protest that will not only get the politicians attention but the public opinion....we all need to hold a protest on Remembrance Day by turning our backs on politicians laying a wreath at every ceremony across Canada.

It is very toxic to try it but if all we say as a group "Until politicians stop using veterans as yearly photo ops and campaign promise's they do not deserve the respect of veterans to watch them lay a wreath."

We still honor our lost brothers and sisters.  But the message to the politicians is their presence is hypocritical and shallow for the way they are treating veterans.

Thoughts?

You asked for thoughts.  I think we can pick a better day to protest then Remembrance Day, that’s the Vets day that some gave all.  We pick a day/event that disrupts the Government, when they gather we gather.  When the Premiers get together or when our PM hosts a world event.  The next G7 is a prime target. The 44th G7 summit will be held on June 8–9, 2018 at Le Manoir Richelieu in La Malbaie, Quebec, Canada.   And I am stressing we have to target the PM as our focal point, our PM does not take personal attacks very well.  There is no reason to target the MVA, he is just a puppet put in place by our PM.  Focus on the PM, we need talking points that we all convey to the press and public.

We need a change in our own veteran leadership if in fact if there is any.   The people that went to the dog and pony as veteran stakeholders should bow there heads and leave if their heads can actually fit through the door.  You wasted our precious time and did zero to force the government to reinstate the PA.  They played you all.  Common sense wins the day, fools pretend there is glory looking in the mirror.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Dec 2017, 17:37

Agreed Teen but there are so many indoctrinated gung-ho service types out there it's almost an impossibility to pull off.
Most of us don't attend or can't attend these photo ops.
Unless it's in the nation's capital the media won't cover it and probably wouldn't anyway. We were a few minute blurb on the news and forgotten like the loss court case. I see old veteran's marching in the parade and I physically can't do that! This is the civilians image of a disabled veteran not the individual that has to wait day's till they feel good enough to go the frigging store. Thank you amazon now branch out into groceries.
Were handicapped at every turn need a different approach!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Wed 06 Dec 2017, 17:20

this would send the strongest of messages to gov and everyone else but it would take a large group at the national parade while all the cameras are there and for all vets to turn there backs on gov the hard thing would be to get all to do so and not have it back fire like the usa football players that took a knee where so many agree but gave ammo for gov to use against them with so many of the public spin saying it was not the place or time to do so if i was up at the national one i would have no problem standing with other vets and turning my back to gov members only when they try and place there wreath

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Wed 06 Dec 2017, 16:05

Further to what Steelgunner said...

Once we form a true alliance of NVC Veterans, PA Veterans, Veterans, and the Legion working together in a common bond. We have to keep our message simple to bring them to the table and really negotiate in a position of power. The government understands only two things, “Protests and Public Oppinion!”

This idea has been discussed before but I think this is the one Protest that will not only get the politicians attention but the public opinion....we all need to hold a protest on Remembrance Day by turning our backs on politicians laying a wreath at every ceremony across Canada.

It is very toxic to try it but if all we say as a group "Until politicians stop using veterans as yearly photo ops and campaign promise's they do not deserve the respect of veterans to watch them lay a wreath."

We still honor our lost brothers and sisters. But the message to the politicians is their presence is hypocritical and shallow for the way they are treating veterans.

Thoughts?
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Wed 06 Dec 2017, 12:13

i total agree with everything you all just said and to top it off it put a smile on my face cause its all true so ty thats my morning therapy old hehr got his hands full and now and i will continue to smile when he gets the boot

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Dec 2017, 06:23

Their using the money stolen from veteran's in need to rig legal battles in crooked court's. Hell they stole enough from me to pay for the last five year's of fighting veteran's. I'm sure as hell not shaking any hands because there covered in veteran's blood and anguish. As for the Legion and the fat cat at the top with their overstuffed bank accounts I wouldn't give them the sweat off my berries if they were dying of thirst. Were nothing but peasants to them like Hehr wrote. He's still showing his true colors with his comments.
No were dealing with wasteful spenders who give Canadians money away, our pensions away and call us whinners.
There is no need of veteran's doing without when they only plan for their eight year pension and the hell with the rest of Canadians we will give it to the world and the Clinton's and whatever other damn foundation they can think of.
If they want to deduce anything they can start by reducing their own pay and pensions by 50%!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Wed 06 Dec 2017, 05:23

But, "everyone has a SOB storey."
Is it a sign that frustration is setting in, cracks in the armour.
There is no given up!  
Supreme Court of Canada?
Why not!  Or is it going to be more of the same BS.
Lawyers and politicians, you can not trust either one.
My civilian lawyer, who represented me was a crook....He was disbarred a couple of years later. I should of known at this moment upon hearing the news that I had just meet and made a deal with the devil.
I signed my I.E. and settled my case.
Three weeks later my Med. release papers came in.
No lawyer now...wonder what deals that were made on the sidelines?
Paint them all with the same brush and  paint them in the colour "TRANSPARENCY."
Dealing with the devil right from the start.
I'm demanding respect....so think again if you think I/we are going to walk away.

The Government of Canada. It's a big institution... Money drives it like oil.

But it needs more men and women to properly operate it.

Who do we challenge?
Each other.
Challenge the next Veteran to initiate  more change in the system.
We need to be challenged and this is a challenge for everyone.
Use the tools at hand and the biggest one, being SOCIAL MEDIA.
The Legion is nice to have a face to face...but you can challenge people online in a polite fashion for proper change.
Sounds like they will not reinstate the PA.
But why not force them to do better then the PA, using the NVC as the guiding tool that we can hang over their heads.
It is a living breathing document that we are dealing with.
That is the challenge.
Only the best for our Veterans.

Because the GoC doesn't have our backs...
Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Dec 2017, 01:53

I see a lot fracture and discord among Vets here.

First we all have to agree that the enemy is which ever political party is in control of the government period.  We should all leave politics and our political views out of the picture when we log in.  The end state is an outcome that is acceptable to all veterans in regards to Veteran Care.  Veteran Care is physical care, mental care, family care, and economic care through a pension, programs, and yes unfortunately the present lump sum debacle that we want changed.

Second we as injured veterans have to realize we are not in the majority of the veteran population. We want a pension like the veterans before us but we fight an uphill battle.  The government has the high ground plain and simple, the objective would be to knock them off the high ground.

In order for us to do this, we have to get all of the veteran community behind us as a whole. Not just the injured that gather here but all of the veteran community.  We also have to have the legion on board, I for one would have to change my outlook of the legion.  I want them to support us so we have to support them.  

We can not do it alone, we need the combined arms attack of strength and pin point our focus on the PM.  Wouldn”t it be nice in the future to shake the PM’s hand and say, “yes we finally got this right and I no longer feel that the government is the enemy of the injured Veterans!”

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Dec 2017, 22:41

ScottyG wrote:I wish everyone .....would come back that was here in 2013 what a gang ......it was fun remembering the clowns  
yes good time's took the edge off. I'm worried about Bruce 72 though that's an awful condition to have, not sure he can claim that or what percentage they would award for having a goat butt. Funniest post ever I laughed till I cried!
Now that's therapy! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next