Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hobbies

Post by Guest on Sun 10 Dec 2017, 22:37

Any idea's for a long term hobby?

Back to top Go down

Re: Hobbies

Post by bosn181 on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 08:24

for me seeing how limited i was in anything i tried to do i turned to computer games something to keep the mind active and something to get up and have something to do as well it was much warmer in winter time than ice fishing lol i think we all need a reason to get out of bed what ever you end up finding or doing i been playing same old game now since 2007 as well it was the least expensive hobby i could find

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 311
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 08:48

Bosin not a fan of video games or reading, one pisses me off the other hurts my eye's and makes me tired.
Always was oýtside doing something. Thought about rc/robotics something I can physically do without being physical. Like building something to clean my decks while I look out the window. It has to have a purpose for me to stay interested. Thanks for the suggestion my son's love video games not my cup of tea unless its a drone with laser guided missiles. Lol

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 09:04

How about some small wood or metal projects. Maybe with a small table top lathe, or scroll, or hand carving. My head spacing is mostly out there, but I find my happy space tinkering around in my garage doing small projects like making something or fixing things. I know it canít be complex. Or Iím fracked. Johnny Out..VVV...
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 623
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 09:32

I have to be sitting down and can't sit in a normal chair to straight of back on them has to be something productive and that I can do from a recliner need the support. No standing or bending or lifting I lose focus searching for hobbies, their either expensive or boring Johnny. That's why I'm asking for advice from yous professionals.

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 11:11

my old man got into wood carving when he retired takes some time to get used to it but you can make a few bucks on the side with that or another buddy of mine uses scrap metal and tools and welds them together to make different things and he enjoys coming up with new ideas

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 16:18

I would like something a little cleaner I don't have a shop or really the physical ability.
Lot's of excellent carvers near me their work is fantastic.

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 19:22

well you can always take up knitting my wife loves that as well she loves dying her own yarn

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 20:05

Guess I should have put that in the no way in "H" category from the get go.lol
Besides the wife has that market cornered in our house!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 20:06

lol

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 20:06

you said clean thats as clean as i know

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Dameon on Mon 11 Dec 2017, 21:51

One of the things I started looking at when I began to realize that I could no longer do the physical stuff anymore, was trying to find things that we're more intellectual in nature. I've taken up music, writing, photography, web design, blogging etc... It's been a hell of switch for me, as for most of my life my self worth has been tied to my physical abilities. But I am coming around, and on my good days I look forward to hitting the keyboard for a few thousand words.

Dameon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2017-07-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 04:31

All great idea's Dameon just not in my wheel house.
I do like music but nerve damage stiff joints and blown out shoulders say nope. I would love nothing more than to sit on parliament hill and play and sing the first song on therapy song's for JT lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by propat on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 11:39

Dameon is in line with me buds I study all kinds of crap . tax , legal, political and legislative stuff more for the preservation of me and mine . well informed is well armed . the one I enjoy however is alternate energy . I study it experiment with it and apply it . the thing is finding things of interest and enjoyment for yourself . trial and error can help with this .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 163
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bog6 on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 14:34

one hobby i took up was building drones ..also radio control cars.

does not have to be large ones you can start with small ones and go from there. use you imagination, buy a micro camera and install it. you will see it is fun.

Here is a site, they have so many ideas ans hows you how to make it

http://www.instructables.com

bog6
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next