Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Case Manager...

+4
Vet1234
Dannypaj
bigrex
peep
8 posters

Go down

Case Manager... Empty Re: Case Manager...

Post by Jordy Tue 10 Sep 2019, 07:52

bigrex wrote:Personally, I do not see the harm in having a CM, especially if you are considered severely disabled, and getting all these benefits. That way, if and when you do need something from VAC, you have a specific person to talk to, that knows you and your file. otherwise you will be talking to some stranger, who only sees you as a number on a computer screen.  I have a case manager, and she will call maybe twice a year, just to check in, to see how I am doing, and if there is anything she can do for me, or my wife. And at the end of the day, it's my decision as to whether or not I pick up the phone, when I see the call display.

They put me permanent cat 2 in the spring and took away the case manager and she sent me a two page long list of contacts/org's etc if I ever need anything in the future. Talk about overwhelming , plus you know what it's like to call 1 800 numbers and no one will know you or your case. I said something to the va's . Call me crazy but the sicker you get means you get even less help?? like wtf. I hate the va's. Yes my income is dependent on them but I hate them and their bullshit.

Jordy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2019-07-19

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintJohn18182 Tue 20 Feb 2018, 11:14

peep wrote:Update got a new Case Manager, told her my story of lack of support.....then showed her the CBC article (I hate CBC) and my conversations in CSAT.... and WOW!

Guess it worked.  My VIP doubled and was backdated, ELB and CIA passed all three stages in 1 week and now out for a decision.

Thanks for the support guys, and it paid moving to a new location with few vets also.  Cold Lake Alberta was too busy buying new office furniture then supporting Veterans.

Glad you're finally getting things straightened out.

SaintJohn18182
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2017-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Mon 19 Feb 2018, 07:49

great news peep .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Sun 18 Feb 2018, 21:20

glad to hear things are getting better for you keep us updated

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Sun 18 Feb 2018, 10:29

Update got a new Case Manager, told her my story of lack of support.....then showed her the CBC article (I hate CBC) and my conversations in CSAT.... and WOW!

Guess it worked. My VIP doubled and was backdated, ELB and CIA passed all three stages in 1 week and now out for a decision.

Thanks for the support guys, and it paid moving to a new location with few vets also. Cold Lake Alberta was too busy buying new office furniture then supporting Veterans.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Mon 22 Jan 2018, 09:10

NAVRATILOVA wrote:I'm 100 percent in agreement with ya Wildthing. Just give me my cash and benefits and I don't need some university social worker planning my life. VAC isn't welfare and we don't need to be watched and guided . My case manager wouldn't come to Cuba anyways

Agree completely. I dont trust VAC to give me factual answers either. I do my own research of policy and peocedure and tell them what to do. I used to trust my CM but they have consistently given me incorrect information.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Dannypaj Mon 22 Jan 2018, 08:46

peep wrote:Did not see the article but want to see it, can someone find it?  I was dropped by my case manager.  I now received a email, not to my home but to on my VAC login page.  My VIP was inactive.  I asked for it to be reactivate, and I received a  reply on the VAC site to come in and see a certain person in Edmonton for a reassessment.  Thats 3 1/2 hours away at -40C and I can't drive plus they know transportation really hurts me.  Plus what does going to Edmonton have to do with my home needs???I finally gave up on Cold Lake and just moved to BC.  New Case Manager coming out to see me on the 2rd.  Was nice on phone.

Is this the article your looking for ?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/vets-pension-liberals-1.4451842

Be easier on yourself and your family.
Write down questions that you have for your Case Management Officer (CMO)
Build rapport and share your concerns.

"You get more bees with honey then you would with shyte,"  so be kind, is my best advice.

Dannypaj
Dannypaj
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 1166
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 21 Jan 2018, 22:18

Personally, I do not see the harm in having a CM, especially if you are considered severely disabled, and getting all these benefits. That way, if and when you do need something from VAC, you have a specific person to talk to, that knows you and your file. otherwise you will be talking to some stranger, who only sees you as a number on a computer screen. I have a case manager, and she will call maybe twice a year, just to check in, to see how I am doing, and if there is anything she can do for me, or my wife. And at the end of the day, it's my decision as to whether or not I pick up the phone, when I see the call display.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by peep Sun 21 Jan 2018, 10:22

Did not see the article but want to see it, can someone find it? I was dropped by my case manager. I now received a email, not to my home but to on my VAC login page. My VIP was inactive. I asked for it to be reactivate, and I received a reply on the VAC site to come in and see a certain person in Edmonton for a reassessment. Thats 3 1/2 hours away at -40C and I can't drive plus they know transportation really hurts me. Plus what does going to Edmonton have to do with my home needs???I finally gave up on Cold Lake and just moved to BC. New Case Manager coming out to see me on the 2rd. Was nice on phone.
peep
peep
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 843
Registration date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Dec 2017, 10:54

Wildthing wrote:Seen a report on the news about complaints that individual's were dropped by case managers.
My opinion if you have your benefits etc you no longer require a case manager, they are there to assist you in receiving  benefits you are entitled to, once you are satisfied gracefully step aside so they can move on and help another veteran waiting.
Have to agree with the minister on this one if thing's change in the future you can ask for a case manager.
Just my opinion, I couldn't wait to get away from vac and left alone and I know other's feel the same way.
Also if you need a break from the poking and prodding don't be afraid to tell them your not going to lose benefits you already have just because you don't have a case manager !!!

I saw the same report on CBC. I looked for a printed article to post, but haven't found one yet.

I agree with your sentiment as well. Once everything that can be done, has been done there isn't much need to tie up a case manager. It's a problem for veterans with a shortfall of case managers as it is.

And if the need arises and a veteran is in crises, Critical Care Managers are available and will be assigned to work one on one with the veteran.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Dec 2017, 09:44

I'm 100 percent in agreement with ya Wildthing. Just give me my cash and benefits and I don't need some university social worker planning my life. VAC isn't welfare and we don't need to be watched and guided . My case manager wouldn't come to Cuba anyways

Back to top Go down

Case Manager... Empty Case Manager...

Post by Guest Mon 18 Dec 2017, 09:27

Seen a report on the news about complaints that individual's were dropped by case managers.
My opinion if you have your benefits etc you no longer require a case manager, they are there to assist you in receiving benefits you are entitled to, once you are satisfied gracefully step aside so they can move on and help another veteran waiting.
Have to agree with the minister on this one if thing's change in the future you can ask for a case manager.
Just my opinion, I couldn't wait to get away from vac and left alone and I know other's feel the same way.
Also if you need a break from the poking and prodding don't be afraid to tell them your not going to lose benefits you already have just because you don't have a case manager !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down