Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IF you are happy with what you have and may receive with this VAC announcement please post why? ( Lets try to be positive in this topic section) 20 December 2017

+8
Dannypaj
Vet1234
AirLog
Riverlake
bigrex
SaintJohn18182
Dameon
bosn181
12 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

IF you are happy with what you have and may receive with this VAC announcement please post why? ( Lets try to be positive in this topic section)  20 December 2017  Empty Re: IF you are happy with what you have and may receive with this VAC announcement please post why? ( Lets try to be positive in this topic section) 20 December 2017

Post by propat Tue 02 Jan 2018, 09:20

yes Rubicon ya can get some fairly safe investments with good rates these days and trending upward . but even at a meager 4% for $360,000.00 that would give you surprise surprise $1200.00 a month . of course when you are done you will have AT least $360,000.00 to pass on but given todays reality and the trends . you would get more to a lot more than the $1200.00 a month and be able to pass on a lot more than your principal . in the end this one change gives you nothing .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

IF you are happy with what you have and may receive with this VAC announcement please post why? ( Lets try to be positive in this topic section)  20 December 2017  Empty Re: IF you are happy with what you have and may receive with this VAC announcement please post why? ( Lets try to be positive in this topic section) 20 December 2017

Post by Rubicon Sat 30 Dec 2017, 20:15

I still do not know definitively what the 20 December 2017 announcement was all about and what changed. If it truly is just about turning a lump sum into an annuity over a set number of months then give me the lump sum and I'll invest it in my own responsible way now. What incentive is there to awarding it to me in dribs and drabs vice a lump sum if the amount is the exact same in the end? I'm 58 and could make good use of any lump sum amount now while I'm still "relatively" healthy. What good is a monthly annuity when someone is feeding me my meals with a spoon and changing my shitty diapers in a nursing home? Quality of life is a personal decision and should not be regulated by anyone but the individual to whom it apples. The same goes for end of life choices. My spouse and I know what we consider quality of life and what signifies a red line for non-resuscitation and or euthanasia and we'll be goddamned if any GOC appointed death panel or judge will determine if we are "eligible" under their Federal guidelines. The 20 December 2017 announcement was nothing more than smoke and mirrors IMO. The better question to ask is how many on this forum have had their CM call them up to say "hey, on 1 April 2019 your disability status will improve by "X" because of the Pension for Life announcement by the MVA. Better yet, call your CM if you still have one, on Tuesday, 2 January 2018 and ask, which disability benefit will be improved by the 20 December 2017 announcement by the MVA of a Pension for Life. I will be doing just that and I'll get back to you on the forum with the answer. I currently have a PTSD application at Step 3 on My VAC Account as well as a Rehab application at Step 3 and an ELB application at Step 3. I'm not holding my breath on any of these applications being approved even though I have been recently 3B medically released but I will gladly update the forum with my CM's response if there is one. Since the local VAC Office knew nothing of the recent announcement I doubt they yet know anything about its implications if any.

Rubicon ...
Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Dec 2017, 15:14

That's right it's the foundation and dependable, they knew they had to do better but instead of adding to it they wanted to gain complete control of veterans lives. If this is a veterans site you will be allowed to improve it Propat if not then it's goc owned and operated!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Fri 29 Dec 2017, 15:06

ya know the funny thing about that is . ok maybe not so funny . the PA system that was developed for the military came to include RCMP and MPs .

and when the MPs voted to offer the NVC to the RCMP and force it on the military . they decided to grandfather themselves into the PA. .

pretty fracked up no????

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Fri 29 Dec 2017, 14:06

Vet1234 wrote:I think Veterans should have a quality of life and retirement beyond that of a Senator or politician.  I think pain and suffering should then be added for our sacrifice.

Vet1234,

I like where your going with this! Very Happy
And 100% coverage for Medical and Dental would be a nice added bonus.
I just paid 1200 Buck-a-roonies at the Dentist office to get two crowns fixed and I didn't even get a free toothbrush from them!
For 1200 Loonies, you would think I would get something free!

Cheers,

By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Fri 29 Dec 2017, 13:13

I think Veterans should have a quality of life and retirement beyond that of a Senator or politician. I think pain and suffering should then be added for our sacrifice.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Fri 29 Dec 2017, 12:57

ty for sharing by the bay i don't get emotional about many things but your story is one of a persons strenght to keep fighting and i am truely happy to see that you made it through and it would not let it break you. i hope your story finds others out there that need your story to give them hope and strenght. Sad

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Fri 29 Dec 2017, 12:56

This all took place 10 years ago, my wounds have all healed.  Sadly, getting attacked by 2 men (high on drugs) was my way off the streets and being reunited with my family!
Getting the run-a-round from VAC and SISIP should have not happened but it did! I should be bitter but I am not! I don't have the capacity to harbour any resentments on what has happened to me in my past but I can tread with caution!
Everyone is fighting over how the Pension Act is so great. I told my story so some people will realize that it was only good for some and left others out in the cold!  The only thing from that situation that still ruffles my feathers is how Veterans Affairs acts like they care for Homeless Vet! When my thermometer drops to below zero, I hope and pray that our homeless vets find shelter for the night! Maybe 10 years ago, they didn't have programs in place to protect Veterans but No Veteran should ever be put into that situation! The treatment I received from VAC and SISIP is no differ than how they are treating Veterans today. That's is the disgusting part of my story! I take nothing for granted and I am thankful for all members in this forum even the grumpy ones! So please keep my story in mind when your feeling fed up and want to leave the forum! Not everyone is going to agree, some will even argue but it gets the conversation started! We need to support one another....not be at each other's throats!
Veterans like me who are weary of the system needs Veterans who are knowledgeable, strong spirited, and still have fight left in them! We look to you for guidance and support!
Cheers,
By the Bay

Last edited by By the Bay on Fri 29 Dec 2017, 14:48; edited 2 times in total
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

IF you are happy with what you have and may receive with this VAC announcement please post why? ( Lets try to be positive in this topic section)  20 December 2017  Empty Well you guys have won.

Post by bigrex Fri 29 Dec 2017, 12:49

After almost tens years of helping Veterans on this site, doing research into legislation and medical research to help with disability applications, I've reached my limit. I am stepping away from this site, because there are several members who have no respect for the site, or other members, that are taking advantage of the fact that the only person with any real power, is completely absent. So have at it, bury the forum in your BS. If I come back, if the forums still exist, it will only be when it gets to what it was intended for.

The Inmates are truly running the Asylum!
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Dec 2017, 12:14

By the bay that's disgusting, csat should be front and center at every base to guide veterans by veteran's. The knowledge of this forum must be available to serving member's. Reform to assist in fighting for local veterans and also fixing the system. It's individual's like yourself that drive me to call out individual's that veteran's need to fight back for all veterans. Love your sense of humor by the way 😉

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Dec 2017, 11:52

By the Bay wrote:This might be the best time to share my story!

In 2005, I was medically released from the military. The military did a great job making sure all my ducks were lined in a row before my last day of service! Everything was going great! I was on SISIP (private payrate), CPPD and I received VAC Disabiliy pension of 1/5 of 60%=12%. Not the best appeal outcome!
In 2007, SISIP lost my paperwork for Continued Benefits beyond the 24 months period! SISIP was my main income and my husband only had a part time job making minimum wage.  I was deemed Totally Disabled by 5 doctors. But the SISIP money stopped coming! When I called SISIP,  they said they didn't receive my Continued Benefits Application so I had to resend all the forms again! They did receive the first application because I sent it registered mail but it was misplaced! Things became worst when my landlord evicted my family from our home! He did not want to wait for SISIP to reinstate my benefit! So my husband and I asked my mother in law for help! She allowed my husband and children to stay in her home but I was NOT invited! She hates me because I didnt marry her son and we lived in sin! I eventually married him! My husband had to bite the bullet and stay with his mother for the sake of our children . I don't know who had it worse him or me!  Lol....  So for 8 months and 12 days (October to May) I was homeless!  I lived in my 1994 Honda Civic on the streets of Ottawa! The winter was freakin cold! Ottawa cold is bone chilling.  McDonalds and Tim Hortons are opened late so that where I kept warm on most cold days!  I called Sisip many times, I got the same old song and dance "it's being reviewed!" I called VAC and asked for help! The Pension Act did not help me! I could not use homeless shelters because they were full and homeless women shelters were NIL. I finally got help on May 17th! But that was after,  I was brutally attacked by 2 men on my way to my parked car. I am 5 foot 2 and weight 107 pounds I had no chance against them! But I did get in a few good shots and managed to rupture one guy's testicle. But their parting gift to me was a broken jaw, fractured cheek bone, broken nose, busted ear drum, 4 broken ribs, and bruised trachea. Thank god for good samaritans who came to help me before they could sexually assualt me! So long story short! I was admitted into the hospital! The police and social workers reached out to government agencies for help on my behalf and 2 days later SISIP LTD was reinstated. It took SISIP 10 months to reinstate me due to lost paper work, and that I had no affix address when I was homeless! They made up many excuses to cover their butts! VAC caseworker came to the hospital and offered her condolences and nothing more! The only time VAC ever reached out to me was after I requested an application for CIA/DEC/CIAS! And the only reason I applied for these benefits was because of the support and help from the members of this forum! I am happy with what I have now because I didn't have much before!

I bet the person you are today is a heck of a lot stronger wiser and at peace than most of ever achieve!  Thank you for sharing By The Bay!

I will also guaranteed that TROOPERS support/efforts he made while he was  in this Forum made one pile of difference to all of us seeking help in our times of need. Trooper was commit ed to this site

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Fri 29 Dec 2017, 10:55

wholly crap by the bay I'm so fracking disgusted by that story . I can only wish your attackers the most painful death possible . id like to add that 1/5 is a common practice used by DVA I see it all the time . they use it in cases where they have no way of disproving that it wasn't service related and in cases where there is overwhelming evidence that is completely service related . aside from outright denials of applications that should be accepted this 1/5th thing is what I have seen as the biggest problem . don't know your medical sit but seeing that 1/5th thing that makes me cringe I don't really feel I need to . appeal , appeal,appeal.

do it yesterday if possible

always question authority

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Fri 29 Dec 2017, 05:57

By the Bay - wow, that’s a heartbreaking story to hear another Sister to get treated like crap fm VAC. I’m sorry for all you went thru. No, and I mean No soldier who put on a uniform to defend this country should be on the st and treated this way. Disgusting is what it is. I hope things are coming around and 2018 will be a better yr. I you have any ? Feel free to reach out to any of us here. Johnny Out..VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Fri 29 Dec 2017, 01:33

This might be the best time to share my story!

In 2005, I was medically released from the military. The military did a great job making sure all my ducks were lined in a row before my last day of service! Everything was going great! I was on SISIP (private payrate), CPPD and I received VAC Disabiliy pension of 1/5 of 60%=12%. Not the best appeal outcome!
In 2007, SISIP lost my paperwork for Continued Benefits beyond the 24 months period! SISIP was my main income and my husband only had a part time job making minimum wage.  I was deemed Totally Disabled by 5 doctors. But the SISIP money stopped coming! When I called SISIP,  they said they didn't receive my Continued Benefits Application so I had to resend all the forms again! They did receive the first application because I sent it registered mail but it was misplaced! Things became worst when my landlord evicted my family from our home! He did not want to wait for SISIP to reinstate my benefit! So my husband and I asked my mother in law for help! She allowed my husband and children to stay in her home but I was NOT invited! She hates me because I didnt marry her son and we lived in sin! I eventually married him! My husband had to bite the bullet and stay with his mother for the sake of our children . I don't know who had it worse him or me! Lol.... So for 8 months and 12 days (October to May) I was homeless!  I lived in my 1994 Honda Civic on the streets of Ottawa! The winter was freakin cold! Ottawa cold is bone chilling.  McDonalds and Tim Hortons are opened late so that where I kept warm on most cold days!  I called Sisip many times, I got the same old song and dance "it's being reviewed!" I called VAC and asked for help! The Pension Act did not help me! I could not use homeless shelters because they were full and homeless women shelters were NIL. I finally got help on May 17th! But that was after,  I was brutally attacked by 2 men on my way to my parked car. I am 5 foot 2 and weight 107 pounds I had no chance against them! But I did get in a few good shots and managed to rupture one guy's testicle. But their parting gift to me was a broken jaw, fractured cheek bone, broken nose, busted ear drum, 4 broken ribs, and bruised trachea. Thank god for good samaritans who came to help me before they could sexually assualt me! So long story short! I was admitted into the hospital! The police and social workers reached out to government agencies for help on my behalf and 2 days later SISIP LTD was reinstated. It took SISIP 10 months to reinstate me due to lost paper work, and that I had no affix address when I was homeless! They made up many excuses to cover their butts! VAC caseworker came to the hospital and offered her condolences and nothing more! The only time VAC ever reached out to me was after I requested an application for CIA/DEC/CIAS! And the only reason I applied for these benefits was because of the support and help from the members of this forum! I am happy with what I have now because I didn't have much before!
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next