Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

The truth about non war Veterans from 1954 to 2006

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Re: The truth about non war Veterans from 1954 to 2006

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 22:31

What pisses me off the most is they make a game of it, if you you don't present your case just right you lose same injury as the guy before you won. Then there is the bad day lawyer denial bad day bureaucrat denial... in know way should any of it be praised until there is across the board above board rules and benefits policy that is equal on medical facts and compensation. They know everything about every injury ever sustained in the military yet they choose to ignore medical report's and deny. My best refusal was Mri's are not always factual and your doctor is bias.WTF !?! That was in 2015 I didn't even need the percentage nothing to gain from a favourable decision but I still had a serious documented and proven serious injury denied. Theý deserve zero praise and thing's still suck really suck.

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 22:31

yes over and over and over you tell us how much more money you get over us i agree and i am happy you get so much more money than me and thats great for you for the last 13 years i been waiting to see if any gov is going to improve to get me closer to you and guess what here we are so many years later we get one party just one that says i going to do something we know what was said is it what we were lead to understand no did anyone out there as a vet really think it was going to be the same tax free system i sure didn't think they were just going to hand it over as i have already seen when they told me i was going to go up to 360k and they found a way to claw that back lol so did i think they would make it better than i was currently getting sure but i had never thought from day one i would ever get what you get i just happy that they are doing something more once again you find me a party to get behind that is saying they will give me as much as you and i be happy to place my vote behind it until we keep helping those that were left in the cold the ones that were denied on the old system the ones that had the injuries before 2006 and were denied until the system changes i cant do anything about how much you get over me now your pissed that you get so much more and your more pissed that i dont care you get more and your so upset you just rant and rant and thats ok i support your choice i just choose to be happy and not let vac control my emotions and i focus my anger into helping others try and get some more support because the old system tossed them on the behinds so under the new system thats not the same but all we got we try to get those that got screwed some help you can join us and you can fight for more for us but i personnaly feel that fighting a gov and all parties not just one the rest dont care at all at least one of all the parties said i will do something so you can help us get the ones bumped up so they can at least get more coverage i will never argue that you get more and i dont but i am happy i get something and i just trying to help others at least get caught up and your such a fighting machine i think you can help get even more caught up yes it wont be as good but dam anything to some of these guys and gals is better than the nothing they been getting here on pei we have seen some come off the streets at least with help they got income for life now some that were so down and out can now get the help they need cause they now get the elb and all other things they qualify for we just need to stop bashing each other and if we on here can't work together we stand no chance getting vets across the country to stand together

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by propat on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 22:02

propat wrote:lmao yaaa sure the PA had problems and most were fixed with the NVC at least for the PA guys . yes one of the issues that was not fixed was the VRAB situation . THATS right the same VRAB we had in 2005 for the PA is the same VRAB we had in 2006 for PA and the NVC and the same VRAB we have today .

so when it comes to actually receiving benefits under either plan their is no difference .

FACT ; the ombudsman did a report on VRAB after the NVC came into effect and found that 65% of their denials were done wrong . 65 fracking %. reticules . so ya wanna bash VRAB or the entire adjudication system I'm with ya buds I get it but I got ta tell you and as proven in fact by the ombudsman these guys are equal opportunity butt holes .

I'm with ya buds I here ya this needed to be changed and wasn't thus still needs to be changed .

I had no problem PA accepted straight away I remember that quite clearly took 6 weeks . my NVC benefits took forever . a constant fight having them telling me I'm not entitled  even AFTER me sending the legislating and rules right from there own website with links .

I'm not gona say its harder to get benefits from NVC because its the same fracking system when it come to adjudication ya got a problem with the decision ya go to VRAB and if your a NVC guy there could be a chance you are waling into see them right after a PA guy walks out .

with a incorrect on 65% of their decisions good luck to ya . heck ya want an improved system by a little  and a lot faster and a lot cheaper let me make them . ill do it for free don't need a computer  service files or medical files . don't need em . just need a quarter because that's the coin I'm gona flip . id save a fortune id bring that 65% down to around 50% and I think I could pump out over a thousand a day by myself . perfect ? no . but better than the system we have right now for the PA and NVC yes the very same one .

the difference between the two systems is not VRAB its the benefits and ( FACT ) even the benefits are roughly equal if you exclude the pain and suffering benefit . but when you look at the pain and suffering benefit for a 100% guy with a wife and two kids .

PA $4000.00 NVC $1200.00

as a wise politician once said ya can spin things as much as ya want but FACTS they are truly stubborn things .

always question authority

propat

and when it comes to guys getting fracked on the PA system I agreed because I believe it to be true . the FACT is the same system that existed in the DVA in 2005 to frack PA vets existed in 2006 to frack PA and NVC guys . it has nothing to do with if your on the PA or NVC buds THEY FRACK EVERYONE !!!

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 21:56

Benefit of doubt example. An individual on a ship work's in a mold filled room hour's every day and develops respiratory problems because he don't have picture's or proof the mold was there should he be denied because he didn't know he was being exposed 20 year's ago but he remembers the mold clearly. When you mention 70 year old's you have to take factors such as this into account they would have been dismissed back in the day. We have taken steps forward and back don't friggen praise them for lying and abusing veteran's they didn't have the guts to sign on the line they have no right to take f all away !!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 21:52

ScottyG wrote:
ScottyG wrote:How quickly we all forget the PA system.

IT WAS A NIGHTMARE most never even applied for benefits. The attitude was beg and beg and beg  RESPONSE rejection rejection rejection. If you did get a percentage it was always pennies. Like 5% was LESS THAN 100 bucks a month.

The biggest deal was hearing and most of US  always felt it was a waste of time to even apply. I had 2 uncles who served in WW2 a father who served in the Korean war a grandfather who served BETWEEN WARS . Great grandfathers who served in the ww1.
All of them dealt with VAC some with some success. Not one of them got any amount and very little follow up care.

BUT in ever case it was appreciated. They lived in rural MARITIMES of Canada  in very humble surrounding. They were post war and pre war DIRT FARMERS that meant broke all the time surviving and happy  but broke. So RAVE all you want about the "TRUCKING" good old days ....Live in the mistaken belief what you think was so damn good with the PA.
IT WAS A NIGHTMARE TO GET ANYTHING. Some of you older veterans remember what i am talking about. Some comfortably forget .

One of my  Uncle was an artillery officer for 7 yrs  in WW2 he applied for hearing aid multi times under the PA and he was nearly 80 yrs old and in tears when he was finally given the benefit of the doubt and approved for 5% hearing lost.

THE PA SYSTEM PRIOR TO 2006 WAS A TOTAL MESS FOR POST WAR VETERANS.

IT WAS BARELY ACCEPTABLE FOR WAR VETERANS BUT IN THOSE DAYS PEOPLE WERE DELIGHTED WITH A 20$ BABY BONUS CHEQUE. Getting  a few bucks extra bucks from VAC was like a gift from God.  

I agree we need to get the benefits to more veterans with less hassle and fairer system. BUTTTTTT    PPPPlease shut the heck up about how good the old PA system is compared to what is available. It truly wasnt what you think in reality for POST Korean war Vets.

This narrative is all based on truths it represents numerous veterans, over a long period of time from one extended family. All with some injuries caused by service. What they all received in total was a farce these people expected little received little and I rarely heard one of them complain. They were not educated people they were simple folk. What i fought for and  finally received they all deserved.They we all under the PA system and basically received peanuts.
If it wasnt for the additional benefits under the NVC I be getting like a 10% pension. PERIOD!

Please do not get me wrong the PM lied to us. We will never get the tax free life long pension again.

I believe if they decrease the wait times, make the benefits which are available. easier to get  our veterans in Canada will face their  medical demons with strength and financial  security. So far they have failed in these regards.IMO

Back to top Go down

Post by propat on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 21:47

bosn just a ? if the new system is so great how come i have helped out a lot more vets on the new system than the old system . seriously ??? I help a lot of vets with their applications taxes and financials serving members as well for that matter . nothing new to people on here I have discussed this before on here for years the odd time and again. I find it odd you are in the opposite position when it comes to this but could be just one of those things with the demographics . here around CFB Gagetown is where a lot of people retire plus a lot of serving members . but all that is of course here say witch I don't mind discussing but id much rather stick to the facts .

FACT within the DVA the same application and appeals proses that existed in 2005 for PA guys still existed in 2006 for the PA and NVC guys . as a matter of fact in most cases the exact same people names and faces making the decisions in the same system . the same system they have today .

no difference in that regard between PA and NVC .

use all the innuendo you choose ill have that discussion with ya no problem buds but one thing you cant get around are the actual undeniable facts .

now ill ignore your bashing of vets that not only help vets one on one but are trying to help EVERY vet that exists today and will ever exist in the future for now but as most here know I don't hold my fire for to long and when provoked can bash with the best of them .

the only notable difference in the two systems today is the pain and suffering benefit . for a 100% guy with a wife and two kids PA $4000.00 DVA $1200.00

that's a FACT

ya wanna discuss facts I'm in heresay and innuendo sure I'm there as well . insults and attacks id rather not but sure I'm game .

whatever you choose

PA %4000.00 VS NVC %1200.00

always question authority

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 21:21

Seriously bosn your not getting the point, parity security sensitivity is what were after for all. All are not secure, All are not at parity, All are not given the benefit of doubt.
Unless you can help every single one statements of saying the system is great hurts more than you help. Yes thing's are better there also worse,,, the best of both is the goal the fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 21:10

if i could only find a party to run and not lie to us and to do exactly what they promise i would support but until the little irish fella drops out me behind and gives 3 wishes and one is a pot of gold i dont see it happening until then we try to do the best we can with what we got to work with maybe it take another 13 years but i will hopefully be around long enough to see it

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 21:02

No photo nav, but I did cut the top off the tree to about 4 inches around so if he personally came over he could sit on it and feel what veterans feel every time their lied to!!!
Like I said in an earlier post the only thing that will get me to take this broken old body out to vote is reform. The country is screwed now anyway and we would be better off if when they dissolve parliament nobody voted...
Thought you were one of the old timers at the legion nav😁
I've been threw the old timers system in 92 nav it sucked but you knew what percentage you were getting the same day. You seen the doctor then went in front a panel of what appeared to be retired military officers or high ranking nco's
6 or 8 smoking cigars and coffee cups full of what ever.
Something like charge parade rushed in state your case 5 minutes your outta times up wait for a decision 10 minutes on your way home checks in the mail from the time you applied and every month after that tax free. Both system's suck. If veteran's don't fight as a brigade it's not going to improve in all aspects. I hate seeing posts that set us back!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 20:55

just a ? if the old system was so great how come i have helped out more vets in there 70's than i can shake a stick at why were they not approved back then why are so many older vets from the old system only now getting covered i am the same way as scotty i hear you bitching all day everyday blaming and bashing vets while you sit home get out help the vets out instead of just running your mouth on here but i guess its to easy to bash the ones on the front lines today that try to help get vets off the streets with some kind of income yes we all know the blow hards like trump that say it aint fair kick them all out send them back to there countrys lol yes we hear you but if i go back and see when your blood line did the same and came across lol maybe they should have turned your boat around as well lmfao we not going back the old system was broke to many got nothing but a kick in the pants count yourself lucky you got something and because so many were able to find the loop holes to get it they up and changed the system for all going forward now we got 29000 back log and what do you think they doing they changing the system again the more that qualify the more they always change so less can get it our job is to help fight and help get vets off the streets with something those that live on the street don't give a rats ass if its parity as long as they off the streets i know a few that are now no longer homeless and dam happy about it is it parity hell no but its what we got and it keeps getting better so you keep your pa and we keep fighting to get the ones out in the cold with nothing to try and help get them something so you keep kicking your brothers in the teeth if that makes you feel good and for those getting kicked in the teeth your true brothers in arms got your six if parity ever catches up great i wont wait around to see it happen i be out on the new battle grounds on the streets helping those that have been forgotten time and time again at least this new chater gives them hope and chance to make things better for themselves and there families once again hope your having as merry a xmas as you can i trully mean that best wishes and a happy new year lets get another 29000 signed up for something and get a few more out of poverty

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 20:16

Wildthing, didn't you get your autographed photo of Justin in your stocking ! Get used to Justin because everyone loves him , the economy is booming, lots of people and massive immigration, people spending , truly truly sunny days! You watch once Justin gives the school teacher talk to Joe Civilian about the new life long pension everyone including veterans will believe this was a gift from Jesus! By the time next election comes most veterans will support Justin ! If you tell the population the same story over and over again it doesn't take long for them to believe it whether it is right or not! Really what at this point could the Conservatives under Mr. Who knows his name and the NDP under Sultan Singh have to offer us?????? Probably Shute ! So sometimes the grass looks greener on the other side doesn't always ring true.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 20:07

I believe the PA is wayyyyy better. The reason for the troubles post Korea was the DVA made it so hard to get. If they just accepted medical advice and benefit of the doubt alot more veterans would have gotten it and at higher levels. At the Legion the stories from some of the old timers make your skin crawl. Stories of VAC putting liens on veterans houses because of overpayments. Also the old guys would tell me that if the Government gave you something or made a decision hardly anyone fought it , they just accepted it. They did what they were told! The difference nowadays according to legion command and Navrat central is veterans fight for there benefits and appeal . Plus the old crew at VAC has retired and are more accepting of modern thinking where as the old crew just kinda said suck it up . What should have happened was the PA should have been relnstated along with the eelb and CIA and sup of the NVC. Also the education and medical of the NVC. Problem solved . But in the end it's about money and always was about money

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 19:48

Have to disagree bigrex the liberal's are in power at present PFL and NVC is their Bill. Every party SOB ìs guilty but this looks like an attempt to promote liberal policy (as stated in my opinion bigrex).

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 19:20

Scotty, it's really hard to compare how the PA was administered after Korea, or the money they may have gotten back then, to how it was for modern day veterans before the NVC.. It changed quite a lot over those decades. My father in law was a Korean Vet, and he was getting almost $5000/mo by the time he passed away in 2009. The main grievances that veterans had with the PA itself, was the lack of rehabilitation program. But instead of just adding the rehab program to the PA, they decided to change how they compensated for disabilities, so that if veterans didn't qualify for ALL the possible benefits, they would save money. I even read briefing letter about the NVC, where the bureaucrat who created the NVC, said that switching to a lump sum, would mitigate the future financial liability that would arise from the prolonged mission in Afghanistan.

And Wildthing, I do not see this as a partisan issue, because the Tories also had plenty of opportunity to eliminate the disability award, but instead they defended the NVC tooth and nail, including in court.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3418
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 25 Dec 2017, 19:15

Title should read factual truth about goc, vac, vrab, sisip.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next