Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Tinnitus

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: Tinnitus

Post by Art8 on Wed 21 Feb 2018, 15:20

bosn181, was it less than 2 months from when they prescribed u the mask, or when u submitted your reassessment? Thanks

Art

Art8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2018-01-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Art8 on Wed 07 Feb 2018, 14:22

Bosn181, i hope your right on the reassessment only takes a month or 2, I was talking to them today and they said it could take 5-6 months because there so behind.

Art8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 on Wed 31 Jan 2018, 11:14

i was awarded max for tinnitus was turned down for hearing loss. going through appeals and they found my release test for hearing loss and it showed hearing loss so back on the wait list to get it sorted out. was told by appeals that there was over 5000 hearing loss and knee applications and that they had a lot of intern people and that those people are not always as up to date as they need to be when completing a vets file. they just hope you give up and go away keep fighting and don't be afraid to appeal.

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 20:34

Yup, cause I got tinnitus as well without hearing loss, thou they denied my claim 1st off by saying cause I had no hearing loss I didn't have
tinnitus, then my Audiologist wrote an extremely awesome rebuttal stating that yes you can have tinnitus without having hearing loss..

Any I got mine approved but I did have to do a appeal to get it.

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 13:01

See, that is what I hate about VAC. There is no consistency . One person could get approved, while someone else, with identical symptoms and situation gets denied, simply because the adjudicator was having a bad day when their file crossed their desk.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3427

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 12:23

bigrex wrote:Hearing loss and tinnitus are separate claims, even if tinnitus is normally considered a consequential claim of hearing loss. So you can gets 11% for tinnitus, and an additional LSA for hearing loss. Honestly I was surprised that you said that you said that you had an award for tinnitus, without an approved hearing loss claim, because VAC denied my tinnitus claims, because they said that you can't have tinnitus, without hearing loss, and even though I do have hearing loss, it wasn't noticed during my release medical.
Well i was just approved for Tinnitus. I never was assessed for hearing loss.Only my wife thinks i have hearing issues!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 11:44

Hearing loss and tinnitus are separate claims, even if tinnitus is normally considered a consequential claim of hearing loss. So you can gets 11% for tinnitus, and an additional LSA for hearing loss. Honestly I was surprised that you said that you said that you had an award for tinnitus, without an approved hearing loss claim, because VAC denied my tinnitus claims, because they said that you can't have tinnitus, without hearing loss, and even though I do have hearing loss, it wasn't noticed during my release medical.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3427

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 30 Jan 2018, 10:34

Question if you at 11% for tinnitus. No claim for hearing loss can you get additional LSA for hearing loss?

Back to top Go down

Post by Art8 on Wed 24 Jan 2018, 14:07

The doctor I talked to over the phone was from veteran affairs, but the audiologist I went and seen was on my own. But they are gonna contact Vac to get approval for masking device, etc

Art8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 24 Jan 2018, 13:27

Art8 wrote:Dishaoap, from my understanding, when I was doing my reassessment for tinnitus they told me I could just do it over the phone, which I did. But I went and seen an Audiologist as well because I also have a hearing claim that I am doing.
And at that time they ask questions about tinnitus as well, and diagnosed me severe, and prescribed me masking devices/ hearing aids. I found the phone interview was not very helpful at all, it was like 2 minutes, he asked symptoms and then said I would receive a letter in the mail. That wasn’t good enough for me, as I need something to help my tinnitus because it interferes with my daily activities and sleep and stuff, and the doctor on the phone didn’t offer any of this. So I would suggest you go and see a audiologist if your tinnitus is severe and you have some of those symptoms as well. They told me they would send all the info to VAC and I wouldn’t have to do anything else.  Hope this info helps. All the best.

Art

Thanks for this. Was the doctor from Veteran affairs? I think since you were previously assessed its just a formality.

Back to top Go down

Post by Art8 on Wed 24 Jan 2018, 13:22

Dishaoap, from my understanding, when I was doing my reassessment for tinnitus they told me I could just do it over the phone, which I did. But I went and seen an Audiologist as well because I also have a hearing claim that I am doing.
And at that time they ask questions about tinnitus as well, and diagnosed me severe, and prescribed me masking devices/ hearing aids. I found the phone interview was not very helpful at all, it was like 2 minutes, he asked symptoms and then said I would receive a letter in the mail. That wasn’t good enough for me, as I need something to help my tinnitus because it interferes with my daily activities and sleep and stuff, and the doctor on the phone didn’t offer any of this. So I would suggest you go and see a audiologist if your tinnitus is severe and you have some of those symptoms as well. They told me they would send all the info to VAC and I wouldn’t have to do anything else. Hope this info helps. All the best.

Art

Art8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Art8 on Wed 24 Jan 2018, 13:14

Thanks bosn181

Art8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 24 Jan 2018, 13:06

Art8 wrote:Seen the audiologist today. She diagnosed me with severe tinnitus, and hearing loss in my left ear. And prescribed me hearing aid/masking device, a sound pillow, and tinnitus retraining therapy.

Do you need a family doctor or both or just an audiologist? Will Veteran Affairs need anything else if its just an reassessment?

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 on Wed 24 Jan 2018, 08:55

glad your getting the help you need art8. seeing you already have tinnitus claim this will be faster as it is a re assessment on your claim for tinnitus and hopefully bump you to max.

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 313
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Art8 on Tue 23 Jan 2018, 10:41

Seen the audiologist today. She diagnosed me with severe tinnitus, and hearing loss in my left ear. And prescribed me hearing aid/masking device, a sound pillow, and tinnitus retraining therapy.

Art8
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next