Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Exceptional Incapacity Allowance

+3
bog6
propat
Newf
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Exceptional Incapacity Allowance - Page 2 Empty Re: Exceptional Incapacity Allowance

Post by Newf Mon 15 Jan 2018, 18:29

Propat,
I do meet this criteria. I am not in receipt of the CIA.
Newf
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Exceptional Incapacity Allowance - Page 2 Empty Re: Exceptional Incapacity Allowance

Post by propat Mon 15 Jan 2018, 17:51

well you would need to be receiving a 100% PA pension or a total of 100% between PA pension and NVC award total. you must NOT be in receipt of CIA .

do you meet this criteria ?

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Exceptional Incapacity Allowance - Page 2 Empty Exceptional Incapacity Allowance

Post by Newf Mon 15 Jan 2018, 10:04

Folks, a lady called me from VAC this morning to advise she is the new case worker assigned to my file. She introduced herself and advise me that she had reviewed my file to become familuar with my issues/VAC benefits.

In speaking with her, she stated that I could now apply for the Exceptional Incapacity Allowance and additional housekeeping benefits. Being the stubborn person that I am, I told her I do not need any help right now with housekeeping because my wife/kids do most of the housework and I can still do many chores around the house. I explained to her I am still working full time but in a workplace accommedation position. She suggested I think about the application for EIA and advise her if I would like to meet with her to make the application.

Does anyone know what is involved with this EIA application? What sort of questions and evaluation will be done by her for the EIA? I really don't think I qualify as I am still working full time and I am suspicious of this process. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Newf

Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2