Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Family Caregiver Relief Question

+5
Iceman
johnny211
propat
bigrex
Newfie
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Family Caregiver Relief Question Empty Re: Family Caregiver Relief Question

Post by bosn181 Mon 26 Mar 2018, 12:59

called vac today asked about the new caregivers benefit was told you can apply 1 April 2018 on my vac account but you will need to print it off as your care giver has to sign paper work then mail it in. I also asked if it would be pro rated for anyone that just got a payment and i was told that according to the info they had been given that you would start right away with the new payment so for a small amount of people that have already gotten there payment with in the last few months this would not affect there new payment. I hope this info vac has given me will not change and that it does start fresh as of 1 April.

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Fri 09 Mar 2018, 18:05

never give up one of my friends got his approved on his 4th try. i still don't know why my cm was so good to me and told me to put in for it and got it on first try. there are so many out there that don't have it but they should be on it and we try to make it our mission to help as many as we can.

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Family Caregiver Relief Question Empty FCRB

Post by coppers2002 Fri 09 Mar 2018, 16:56

Thank you all for your help.
They denied the 1st Application and gave me the option for appeal.
I opted to re submit a new application with VERY detailed information as suggested. Hopefully they don't think its all exaggerated.
I am on major pain meds for back sciatica that is taking a full5/5 responsibility for as well as ativan for anxiety. All the meds cause severe fatigue, dizziness etc.
Hopefully they don't kick is back cause I used the new application route instead of appeal

coppers2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2017-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Newf Fri 09 Mar 2018, 06:20

Johnny211/Iceman,
I am also in similar situation with 10% under PA and the rest DA.   My VAC case manager told me to apply for AA and EIA.   Right now, I am feeling unwell and not able to sit down to hash out those forms or meet with anyone from VAC.  Hoping to start the process next month.  

From reading prior posts, policy and talking to other people,  I have been told you need to describe your worst day as it relates to Table 4 at the following link;

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/services/after-injury/disability-benefits/benefits-determined/table-of-disabilities/ch-05-2006#t04

e.g.  If you have the pharmacist place your meds in a blister pack/spouse put meds in dossett then you would meet the criteria of Grade 5 under "Medication Adminstration"

Hope this helps.  If anyone has any other examples or tips please share.

Thanks
Newf
Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 Thu 08 Mar 2018, 23:38

If you think you hit on the ADLs, mine was approved by adding the line that My wife is my anxiety monitor and needs to keep tabs on me because sometimes we're both afraid that I will take my life. She needs to be constantly available to monitor my mental health so I don't end my life.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 603
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Thu 08 Mar 2018, 21:40

a few things i got a few others that got approval was focus on the safety side of it. one of my friends has mobility and ptsd and for his case not only the ptsd but the side effects of his medications such as dried marihuana were such that he would turn the stove on to cook and forget to turn it off or fall asleep or when he would try to run a bath he would forget to turn the water off so his wife does not allow him to cook or bath while she is not home for safety reasons. there as so many different things that you can focus on make sure to ask for an occupational therapist visit so they can come check out how you can function around your home if you have mobility problems. like being able to dress yourself or put socks and shoes on. i could go on and on but don't be afraid to reach out ask the ?s and you can never put to much down better to put it all down then leave anything out.

bosn181
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Family Caregiver Relief Question Empty Denied

Post by coppers2002 Wed 07 Mar 2018, 20:19

Went through all of this to be denied... Does anyone have any tips on actually getting approval for this? NVC disability is about 73% overall but still able to work. We listed all the stuff my wife has to do (medication/appt reminders) plus some other issues with mobility, grooming etc. I really feel this should be covered. When you fill out the forms do you rate it on the worst day? For example some days I can barely walk, as opposed to the good days. Any help would be great. Has anyone actually got this approved while still working?

coppers2002
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2017-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Sat 03 Feb 2018, 09:52

johnny211 wrote:Propat - that was a catch 22 for me. I happen to fall under both pa and NVC. So I put in for fcrb, only to be denied as I get PA, and was told to apply for AA. So of crse I turn around and put in for AA. Only to be denied again. I have quite a few disabilities, but ptsd is my main issue. But AA Policy is mainly for physical. So screwed on both. I may wait for the new fcrb in Apr, and try again. One needs to be a lawyer to understand there shit..VVV

Exactly the same
I’m 5% PA, the rest DA, mostly PTSD
Did the same thing, applied for FCRB (suggested by VAC themselves during a call to the 800 number).
Rejected, and they forwarded it off for AA
AA rejected as d not meet physical requirements.

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Fri 02 Feb 2018, 22:08

johnny I would try FCRB add your AA denial to your application or redress . ya never know buds .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Fri 02 Feb 2018, 20:37

Newf - 211 Rad Op..lol. Out.. good luck on your claim..VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Fri 02 Feb 2018, 20:26

Same here Johnny221. PA is PTSD but DA is physical. So I will apply for attendance allowance and see what run around I will encounter

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by johnny211 Fri 02 Feb 2018, 19:36

Propat - that was a catch 22 for me. I happen to fall under both pa and NVC. So I put in for fcrb, only to be denied as I get PA, and was told to apply for AA. So of crse I turn around and put in for AA. Only to be denied again. I have quite a few disabilities, but ptsd is my main issue. But AA Policy is mainly for physical. So screwed on both. I may wait for the new fcrb in Apr, and try again. One needs to be a lawyer to understand there shit..VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Fri 02 Feb 2018, 18:30

I understand if he is eligible for AA he is not eligible for FCRB but who is to say he is eligible for AA ? don't really know till you get an AA application approved wouldn't you? I mean if you are eligible for the benefit they must pay it.

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Fri 02 Feb 2018, 18:19

bigrex why is this ?

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 02 Feb 2018, 18:07

You are only entitled to apply for the Attendance Allowance. Whether this is a good thing or not, will depend on what grade you get, since the two lowest AA levels are significantly lower that the Liberal's new Caregiver Recognition Benefit, of a flat monthly rate of $1000.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next