Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

MAN AM I PISSED RIGHT NOW!

Go down

Re: MAN AM I PISSED RIGHT NOW!

Post by Newfie on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 22:50

Artie what file did VAC close out? When I finished Vocational Rehab in 2010 and went back to work I received a letter stating my Vocational Rehab file was closed. In 2016 I had to quit work for medical reasons that was supported by my Doctor. When 90% LTD came around I contacted VAC and was assigned a CM and I was reinstated but on Psychosocial Rehab and was approved for LTD top up.

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce72 on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 22:34

Artie, are you on VAC's Rehab Program? CM's are being assigned to Rehab clients, and even then only if their is an ongoing Rehab Plan. Once declared DEC, most lose CM's unless their is an ongoing need for one. It's not like the old days when we all had CM's regardless of what was going on.

At least that's my understanding of the current policy.

Bruce72
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 761
Registration date : 2014-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Artie Simm on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 18:23

yes they threw that CSA acronym at me over the phone,, but I guess it`s just same &&^^%$ different pile, I`d still be explaining myself to a stranger, not that my CM and I were best friends, but at least they were totally aware of my issues. I`m going down to the DO tomorrow and they will get an ear full, I know for a fact I never got a letter in the mail, or else I would have been in touch sooner saying I need help don`t shut me out. And if there is a letter and I somehow missed it then a copy should be on my file, if not maybe I`ll flip a desk. To make matters worse I have in my possession a letter from a psychologist that he wrote directly to my CM stating how screwed up I am mentally, what did the CM do with it, readt it and toss it, no one who read that assessment would have closed my file!
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2017-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 17:57

Artie you do not have to go to your DO (District Office). Call the 800 number and tell them you need to speak to a CSA (Client Service Agent) at your DO. Tell that person what is going on in your health.

A CSA can help you just as much as a CM. If the health issue you are having needs to be brought to a CM the CSA will decide.

Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3314
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

MAN AM I PISSED RIGHT NOW!

Post by Artie Simm on Thu 01 Mar 2018, 17:43

I have been struggling with mental issues for about a year, which is about the last time I heard from my CM. Finally today I phoned the 1-800 # to try and get my CM to phone me. I was told that my file was closed last year and I should have gotten a letter in the mail. Now I`m supposed to make my way down to my local office and deal on a first come first serve basis and re explain all that has gone before to some stranger, and if I return next month again to the next joe blow who is working that day. I should have guessed something was up, I mean I don`t always answer my phone but I was wondering why my CM wasn't at least calling every few months to check in, Jesus my family could have left me and I could have been swinging from the rafters in my basement and no one would have ever known. They close a persons file by letter with out even leaving a message or trying to reach me in person, what a crock of &&^%$.
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 308
Registration date : 2017-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum