Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VIP card ...who do you bill?

4 posters

Go down

VIP card ...who do you bill? Empty Re: VIP card ...who do you bill?

Post by Guest Mon 09 Apr 2018, 07:42

thanks, I have the old card it says POC 12A, but I`m not jumping through any more hoops for VAC

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Sun 08 Apr 2018, 10:27

I remember the 1st time I requested it, I got a prescription and the service provider did a pre authorization on it, it was denied cause I didn't have POC 12 which is what you needed for massage therapy
but the new cards don't list what POC's your covered under.

If you know what POC's you have and are an "A" CLient it requires pre-authorization 1st, so the service provider should get the prescription from your Doctor, and send it off to Blue Cross asking
for authorization. And Blue Cross will reply either authorized or not authorized.

Here's the Listing from the Benefit grid

Benefit Description
MASSAGE THERAPIST - VISIT

Benefit Code Number

Program of Choice
RELATED HEALTH SERVICES (POC 12)

Province/Territory
Ontario

Prescriber Required

MEDICAL DOCTOR
NURSE PRACTITIONER

Recommender Required
No

Pre-authorization Required Group A
Yes

Pre-authorization Required Group B
No

Subsequent Pre-authorization Required
No

Limit
N/A

Frequency
15 / Calendar year

And as Teen said, if you need more they can request an extension for more visits. Oh and that list is for someone in Ontario, guess each Province is different

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Sat 07 Apr 2018, 11:27

Normally you need a referral to see a massage therapist from your family doctor. Discuss with your doctor if massage/physio will help. If so get the referral to the massage/physio AND get a Prescription from your family doctor.

In my experience any massage/physio therapist does a complete exam, history and initial assessment of your injury before treatment.

VAC approves 12 or so appointments but if you need more the massage/physio office will put the request in for more treatments.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Apr 2018, 08:17

thanks, but before I go to see a massage therapist etc. will VAC require me to get a new assessment of my injury to see if I`m still injured. It happened over a decade ago , I just released and then never turned to VAC for anything. My injury is what caused me to be released, I still have it, I will always have it, but if I have to go start visiting Dr.s just to get proof I need a massage, it hardly seems worth it.?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Thu 05 Apr 2018, 18:01

Artie when you go to a service provider tell them to call the NCCN (1-866-522-2122). Tell them to identify themselves as a service provider and they will be connected to Blue Cross so they can learn how to bill them instead of you.

Now if the service provider does not want to call then, if you can, pay for what you need and call the NCCN to ask where you send the bill for reimbursement.

JUST MAKE SURE EVERY BILL HAS YOUR K# ON IT....EVEN IF THEY ARE ALL STAPLED TOGETHER. AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE DOCTOR'S PRESCRIPTION TO SUBMIT AS WELL.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3405
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Thu 05 Apr 2018, 13:09

You can sign up for Blue Cross acct thru my Vac and you can view your payments there. Also tell you your coverage etc

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Thu 05 Apr 2018, 10:17

From the providers that I have gone to if they accept blue Cross they normally have a form and I think they put the K # down and then you also sign it. If you have dental coverage when I went the dentist didn't require anything and did it all electronically. I have run into issues where providers were not gettibg paid for over a year and started asking me for payment. Don't know why they are so slow at some payments and others they aren't.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Apr 2018, 09:31

shows you have often I look at that card, lol, so does the service provider just write the K# on the form?

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Thu 05 Apr 2018, 09:03

VIP is billed to blue Cross. I believe the card has blue Cross logo on it.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

VIP card ...who do you bill? Empty VIP card ...who do you bill?

Post by Guest Thu 05 Apr 2018, 08:32

I`ve had a VAC VIP card with a K# on it for over a decade but never used it.Apparently I`m entitled to things like occupational therapy, acupuncture, massages etc. due to my injury. My question is , if I was to book an appointment and go to pay, who do I tell them to bill as I think the sessions are 100% covered. Most places ask if you have blue cross or a plan from their work place, but is there a special form I am supposed to brink with me, ? I find most places don`t know how to go about billing VAC?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down