Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Entitlement

+12
Dannypaj
BinRat
sports1977
Nemo
AirLog
Newfie
By the Bay
propat
Rubicon
Teager
bigrex
16 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Entitlement - Page 3 Empty Re: Entitlement

Post by Guest Mon 24 Sep 2018, 15:12

bigrex wrote:Not that I have seen. It was relayed to me by someone in a supervisory role at BPA. I will be trying to dig through the VAC website later, to see if I can find a memo or something concrete that I can post.

Awesome thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 24 Sep 2018, 15:03

Not that I have seen. It was relayed to me by someone in a supervisory role at BPA. I will be trying to dig through the VAC website later, to see if I can find a memo or something concrete that I can post.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Sep 2018, 14:58

bigrex wrote:Confirmation

The policy to ensure that all disability pensions/awards will be paid out at either 4/5 or 5/5, has been approved. No more arbitrary reduction of disability benefits. Unfortunately, the change in entitlements are on a going forward basis only. But those who had their entitlements reduced to less than 4/5 can appeal, based on this new policy, or they may want to start another class action lawsuit. Any Veterans who had VRAB hearings postponed, while waiting for this change, will have their hearings placed at the front of the queue.

Is there a link to the info? I don't doubt you bigrex. I just want to read what it says.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 24 Sep 2018, 11:25

Confirmation

The policy to ensure that all disability pensions/awards will be paid out at either 4/5 or 5/5, has been approved. No more arbitrary reduction of disability benefits. Unfortunately, the change in entitlements are on a going forward basis only. But those who had their entitlements reduced to less than 4/5 can appeal, based on this new policy, or they may want to start another class action lawsuit. Any Veterans who had VRAB hearings postponed, while waiting for this change, will have their hearings placed at the front of the queue.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Fri 11 May 2018, 21:08

I agree with Bigrex! I don't think VAC will offer retro payments since this policy change is voluntary. And like other VAC policy changes, they will implement it on a future date! If it was a class-action lawsuit and they were ordered to repay us retro pay, then that would be a different story!
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 11 May 2018, 19:54

If they do implement the change, most likely any increased pensions will only be paid going forward, with no retroactive payments. After all, this is already going to cost them a fortune. I also suspect that they plan on everything being done rather quickly, otherwise they wouldn't have told BPA to delay hearings, until the final decision is made. .
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Fri 11 May 2018, 19:27

Well that would be nice cause I have 2 claims that were only awarded partial entitlements for.. <-- good news

Now on the other hand <--- bad news now the stress and worrying on how they are going to implement the change(s) and if they
are gonna do retro. Implement and go forth Whew, okay.. Implement and retro back to date of award an OMG moment

But that aint gonna be awhile yet I can guess

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Fri 11 May 2018, 14:46

bigrex wrote: I don't think even some of the thickest heads at VAC, would agree that continuing to allow some PA veterans, to have their pensions reduced by up to 80%, while NVC veterans get 80%, at a minimum, would be a good idea. But I bet if that happened, we would finally see Legion command get off their collective arses and fight for veterans again.
That would be nice to see! I find that the Legion "Command" spends way too much time kissing the butts of  politicians and bureaucrats! The Legion's dynamics changed after the Conservatives introduced the New Veteran Charter! The Legion use to go to bat for us! You would think they would fight for those Veteran's who are under the NVC because it is unconstitutional and discriminatory against Veterans. What do they do at those VAC Stakeholder Summitts? Mostly they are playing games on their iPhones!
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 11 May 2018, 09:05

I don't think even some of the thickest heads at VAC, would agree that continuing to allow some PA veterans, to have their pensions reduced by up to 80%, while NVC veterans get 80%, at a minimum, would be a good idea. But I bet if that happened, we would finally see Legion command get off their collective arses and fight for veterans again.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Thu 10 May 2018, 23:10

Nemo wrote:Is this just for those umder the NVC? I am 4/5 under the pension act so guess no benefit here for me.
I am under the Pension Act as well! 
VRAB said, " all partial entitlements files are in abeyance until they received word from VAC on how the changes were going to be implemented." It was not indicated to me that the changes would only apply to the NVC Veterans. I was under the impression that the entitlement changes were for both NVC and Pension Act! If it was only intended for NVC, I would think that VRAB would have commenced with tribunal hearings for those Veterans under the Pension Act instead of halting both groups. 
Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Thu 10 May 2018, 22:36

sports1977 wrote:For my Hearing i have 2/5 Entitlement, just recently been approved about 2 months ago.
Will that change this automatically to 4/5 or is this only done when someone appeal it.

If they do change it does that mean they will be sending another lump sum to people with Entitlement 1/5 , 2/5, and 3/5 if this is the direction they are going.

so in my case i was assess with 9% for my hearing but because i was 2/5 i only got 4%. Would this change my percentage to about 6% then.
As of now, we don't know if it's going to be automatically changed in our files and I really don't like to assume! However, in the past, it has been the norm for VAC to review and revise Veterans' file when amendments are made in policies. But common sense would dictate that if they make the changes automatically, it would lessen the overloaded system that they are trying to fix! It would not make sense for them to make us appeal for the revised amount...it would open the flood gates for more Veterans to appeal their partial entitlement calculations.
Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Thu 10 May 2018, 18:53

I went back thru my assessment worksheet and it says what the entitled condition is and the current assessment 5/5 then the %.

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Thu 10 May 2018, 18:34

Thanks Bigrex. Guess I gonna have to call VAC. My approval letter only says the % and then I have a work sheet showing what I received in back pay. I have only one disability approved at 49%

Newfie
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 10 May 2018, 16:06

well, the only way I can think of, is requesting the info from VAC, or if you want to dig out the approval letter. Your percentage doesn't really tell me anything, because if you have one approved severe condition, at 4/5 or 5/5, or you could have several conditions, each at 1/5 or 2/5.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Thu 10 May 2018, 14:58

Ok I am having a blond moment. I am pensioned at 49%. How do I find out what 5this I have. I cannot recall evening seeing what it is? Can some one explain it to me. Thanks.

Newfie
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next