Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

consequential Claim PTSD Question

3 posters

Go down

consequential Claim PTSD Question Empty Re: consequential Claim PTSD Question

Post by bigrex Tue 12 Jun 2018, 07:34

It is treated as a separate claim, and is payable immediately upon approval. But this is one of the ways the NVC screws over Veterans.

Under the pension act, if your overall assessment is increased, you start to receive the Pension amount for that level of disability. But the NVC. does not do that. For example. If you were initially assessed at 10% several years ago, and given $30000, which was the rate at the time.. But if you were granted a consequential claim, a an increase after a reassessment, or a totally different claim, and were granted a another 10%. VAC will not give you the current rate for someone who is assessed at 20% disabled, minus the previous award. It will merely give you the current 10% rate of $36500

20% - $73080 - $30000 = $43080 LSA, vs

10% - $36540

for a difference of $6540

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't know anyone who couldn't use that extra six thousand dollars. and that disparity only grows the higher the assessment, and time between claims
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Mon 11 Jun 2018, 14:21

According to my case manager it is treated as a separate claim and if approved it would fall under new charter as an award even though it is related to a condition that I have a been granted a Disability Pension. I’m not sure if I was given correct information. Hopefully someone else can answer it

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by sports_1977 Mon 11 Jun 2018, 14:03

My question would be more twords the percentage of its approve do you get percentage added to you primary claim or is this treated as a separate claim..

So if I'm approved 10% would I get that 10% lump sum immediately or does this just add to the re assessment.

sports_1977
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2018-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Newfie Mon 11 Jun 2018, 13:39

Sports you can put in you consequential claim anytime. You don’t have to wait for a reassessment. I have one at Level 3 and now at 43 weeks and still no decision

Newfie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2013-01-02

Back to top Go down

consequential Claim PTSD Question Empty consequential Claim PTSD Question

Post by sports_1977 Mon 11 Jun 2018, 11:19

Hello everyone,

Quick question on this one, Does a consequential Claim on PTSD offer immediately or is it only added on when the re assessment for PTSD come up in a year from now.

sports_1977
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2018-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down