Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible Misuse Of Poppy Stickers On Licence Plates

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Possible Misuse Of Poppy Stickers On Licence Plates Empty Re: Possible Misuse Of Poppy Stickers On Licence Plates

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jul 2018, 19:05

So, I'm sitting here drinking vodka tonight and I notice the security guard/security guard is hacking away at the lattice below his deck. Keeping in mind this is a condo complex.

So I yell's at him. "hey i see's you're fixing your lattice"? He's says yes It's rotten. Off he goes.

An hour later he comes along and tears out his lattice and replaces it, brand new and paint to boot.

I says to him, hey son? Did you paint both sides of that lattice? He howler's up, no. And asks why?

I says, because if you don't paint both sides, one side will remain protected and the other side will rot.

I then took the opportunity to ask him why he had scrapped off the poppy sticker from his licence plate.

End of discussion.

Back to top Go down

Possible Misuse Of Poppy Stickers On Licence Plates Empty Re: Possible Misuse Of Poppy Stickers On Licence Plates

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jun 2018, 11:54

I hear you bigrex. I'm going to let it rest. It's not what I want to do, but at this juncture, it's the smart move.

I will certainly be watching on Remembrance Day though for anything unusual.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 23 Jun 2018, 09:06

Just be careful. Whether or not he is a fake, he could take being confronted very badly. He could get violent, or he could start a process to have you evicted. You've already given him ammunition, with the loud music. So if you do confront him, he could tell the owners that he was following up on noise complaints, and that you got belligerent. Since he has removed the poppy, it's clear that he has given up on the ruse, so I personally would not act on it, unless you find out that he is also telling people that he is a Veteran. You don't have to like him, or forgive him, but it's never good to get into unforced confrontations, that hit too close to home, in this case literally.

I know how hard it is to fight that urge though. There a panhandler here in Halifax, that walks the corner during rush hour, taking money from drivers, carrying a sign that says he is a Veteran, and he wears an old combat shirt to look the part. But the shirt is around 10 sizes too big, hanging down to his knees. Even if he had lost weight, it would never be that baggy on him. So I suspect that he found the shirt at a thrift store of lost and found, and thought he could use it to pass as a Veteran. And every time I see him, I have to keep myself from rolling down my window and calling him out. But I know that as soon as I drive away, when the light turns green ,he's just going to keep doing what he wants.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jun 2018, 06:33

Nobody is going to get a beat down. My reference to going ballistic meant a lot of yelling that would occur on my part.

It doesn't matter anyway, because in the interest of maintaining peace in my condo complex, I'm going to let the issue rest.

The security guard has removed the poppy from his plate. This act confirms what I already know. That by having a poppy displayed on his licence plate, he was posing as a veteran, at least while he was behind the wheel of his van. Otherwise, he would have left the poppy on his plate. The guy is a wannabe.

By the Bay, you hit the nail on the head.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jun 2018, 21:51

Bruce72 wrote:I rest my case. My tunes should have drawn him in. They didn't. No matter how loud they were. And now I'm shuttin, her down
what happens if he shows up and you call his bluff.then what.if you punch him out it's still assault fake veteran or not

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Fri 22 Jun 2018, 15:28

Bruce72,

I understand where your coming from! His behaviour is not at all like a comrade in arms. Especially if he scrapes off the poppy sticker from his license plate. Veterans do have an unspoken bond even if we have never met.
Granted, he may have had the sticker on his license plate to honour those who have served and has never served himself... But why remove it?
Did his feelings change about honouring veterans? Not likely.....Plus a veteran won't scrape off a poppy sticker unless she or he was replacing it with a new one. He removed it because he did not want you to become interested in him. It does not surprise me at all if he was impersonating a Veteran. Maybe he did it to get the security job....and now he has to keep up the ruse. Some people are just weird. I watched some guy take a poop on top of his ex girlfriends car yesterday....my husband yelled "hey look at that idoit!" and of course I looked...I can not unsee that! Shocked
Bruce72, Some unscrupulous people will retaliate if they are exposed...so just be careful if you do talk with him.

Cheers,
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jun 2018, 13:39

I rest my case. My tunes should have drawn him in. They didn't. No matter how loud they were. And now I'm shuttin, her down

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jun 2018, 11:49

See I can't understand things. I'm wailing the tunes to new levels here. This is where the security guard should come here and half-scold me. Sticker poppy and all

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jun 2018, 10:40

For me, this goes way beyond what this person might gain from a poppy plate. You want to show support outside the weeks of Remembrance. You sport a yellow ribbon, with the appropriate words. The poppy is reserved for those that have earned it. You so much as drive down the highway confusing the two and I will serve you up a shit sandwich.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jun 2018, 10:28

Artie Simm wrote:
Bruce72 wrote:Legion has been emailed.
again what`s in it for the driver other than the occasional "thank you for your service comment from strangers ( which is rare to get in Canada but not in the U.S. for some reason). I know a lot of people that display Legion related material on their car, but they are not insinuating that they are vets. Placing a poppy on a plate may be just a sign of support for many, as most real plates also say "VETERAN" on it as well. It`s not as if by having this "fake" plate this guy qualifies for VAC benefits or anything. And if he is part of a Legion, don`t you have to provide proof of service with military records for that place. If he`s just some glory hound, My assumption still is a free parking scam maybe, who else would see that plate on a regular basis, or just trying to impress some lady. Either way, I`d say fak him and move on with your own health, these clowns are a dime a dozen, check out FB

I want to know this guys motivation. I've baited him with my tunes again. This time when he gets here i'll be ready, Dime a dozen or not, support or withdrawl of said support or not, I want to know what the fuck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jun 2018, 10:18

Bruce72 wrote:Legion has been emailed.
again what`s in it for the driver other than the occasional "thank you for your service comment from strangers ( which is rare to get in Canada but not in the U.S. for some reason). I know a lot of people that display Legion related material on their car, but they are not insinuating that they are vets. Placing a poppy on a plate may be just a sign of support for many, as most real plates also say "VETERAN" on it as well. It`s not as if by having this "fake" plate this guy qualifies for VAC benefits or anything. And if he is part of a Legion, don`t you have to provide proof of service with military records for that place. If he`s just some glory hound, My assumption still is a free parking scam maybe, who else would see that plate on a regular basis, or just trying to impress some lady. Either way, I`d say fak him and move on with your own health, these clowns are a dime a dozen, check out FB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jun 2018, 09:25

Legion has been emailed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jun 2018, 06:58

pics of platePossible Misuse Of Poppy Stickers On Licence Plates 20180613
Possible Misuse Of Poppy Stickers On Licence Plates 20180612

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jun 2018, 06:54

Alright, is there some kind of joke I'm not familiar with here? I'm trying to upload 2 pics here, but no fucking go

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jun 2018, 00:07

Bruce72 wrote:Recently I moved into a new place in St. John's and after about a month I got hammered on vodka one night. It was about 1930hrs and I decided to fire up my Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system which pumps out 500 watts of sustained power and has a 10 inch subwoofer just to add insult to injury.

Anyway I get a knock on the door to my place after about 20 minutes and it is the security guard for my condo complex. We'd never had words before and he was pretty invasive and as far as I'm concerned he attempted to interrogate me. I was cool about it and explained to him that I'm a veteran on long term disability and that I was sorry for the disturbance, but I get bored sometimes and a bit crazy and it wouldn't happen again. Off he goes.

Now comes the interesting part. The next day, I'm looking out my living room window and I look over at this guys apartment (I know where he lives, because the property management company told me in case of a problem) and I see his van parked in his spot, and their is a poppy between the numbers as seen on Veterans Plates. I think to myself, isn't that strange that after I told this security guard I'm a veteran that his tone didn't change, he kept on being a prick. I would have thought we would have shared an immediate bond.

Fast forward five weeks, three of which I was overseas, (which blew my mind, but that's another story) and I get home this morning. I have a shower, make something to eat, and pour myself a vodka. I walk over to the window I look out and see the security guards van, which now has no poppy between the numbers. I might be a bit of crazy, but I know what I saw previously. So I break out the Bushnell monocular and spy up his licence plate and I can see where he has scratched off the poppy. His van sits 50 feet from my place.

Now I have not confronted him, because if I do and he admits to the poppy and is not a veteran or I think he's lying to me, I'm liable to go ballistic. Something fishy is going on though I know that much.

I'm going to email the Legion first thing in the morning and warn them that the poppy stickers could be misused. I didn't approve of the stickers in the first place.
I hear in some provinces Vets get free parking with such a plate, perhaps he was trying to take advantage?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next