Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DEC CONSIDERATION

+10
johnny211
Nemo
sports_1977
Yump5555
Newfie
bigrex
czerv
Teager
Teentitan
AirLog
14 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

DEC CONSIDERATION - Page 5 Empty Re: DEC CONSIDERATION

Post by Teentitan Sun 24 Jun 2018, 10:50

I've done this before; get your CM to fill out any paperwork for you (because it's VAC and there will be paperwork) and put a post-it note on where you need to sign. Sign it and mail it. You might have to go to your family doctor for paperwork too.

I have been saying this for years. Your CM has CSA's under them. It is their job to help a vet fill out paperwork when asked. So all you have to do is ask. If the CM or CSA has questions they will call you over the phone.

I know it's hard to trust VAC because the only human contact vets have with VAC is with CM's and CSA's. So all negative incidents with VAC a vet runs into it is, by nature, blamed on the one person you have contact with....your CM.

CM's and CSA's know they are your only person to person contact a vet has with VAC and they try their damnedest to help vets. Yes there is crappy CM's out there but you have another option....ask for a new CM. Call the District Office Manager and tell the person you want a new CM as you feel that CM does not have your best interest in their heart.

AirLog if your CM is recommending DEC there is a 99% chance it will be approved as this is the one benefit their input is highly regarded (that is the way it was described to me by my CM). So you should put the application in, the one you are going to ask your CM to fill out for you.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

DEC CONSIDERATION - Page 5 Empty DEC CONSIDERATION

Post by AirLog Sun 24 Jun 2018, 10:35

My CM asked a few months ago if I wanted to be considered for DEC. I declined as I didn't want someone coming to my home and invading my privacy. A recent CM meeting indicated that my CM was going to go to VAC medical officer and see if I should be considered DEC. I saw no objection to this as no one will be coming to my house. Would this be the only thing that needs to be done? That is having VAC medical officers review my file with my CM and declare me DEC? I don't want to fill out anymore forms or go see my personal medical doctor to have him fill out more VAC forms. Your opinion?

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5