Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Sleep Apnea Has anyone ever got approved ?

Go down

Re: Sleep Apnea Has anyone ever got approved ?

Post by lyonhart on Thu 05 Jul 2018, 08:40

[Is it easier to get if its consequential?
In your situation Lyonhart was it an increase of 6% in your pension  or was it cash Disability Award?
One more question if you applied in March 17 howmany months did it take for approval?
Thanks everyone for all the info.
[/quote]

Hi Kathy,

In my case it was initially granted at 10%, then decreased to 6% as they deemed it consequential to the PTSD. If I remember correctly it took about 4/5 months to fully process, but I know things have gotten even slower now. Hope this helps.

Lyon

lyonhart
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 28 Jun 2018, 10:20

lyonhart wrote:I submitted a claim for sleep apnea back in March 17' after being told I have PTSD. I have a had a machine since 06' and put it in as consequential, as they dated my PTSD back to 96'. VAC approved me for 10% initially but dropped it down to 6% as because of consequential. The main point of this, is apply, it will cover the cost of mask and hose each year and a replacement machine every 5 years after release, if you are approved.

Lyon

Is it easier to get if its consequential?
In your situation Lyonhart was it an increase of 6% in your pension or was it cash Disability Award?
One more question if you applied in March 17 howmany months did it take for approval?
Thanks everyone for all the info.

Back to top Go down

Post by lyonhart on Thu 28 Jun 2018, 08:22

I submitted a claim for sleep apnea back in March 17' after being told I have PTSD. I have a had a machine since 06' and put it in as consequential, as they dated my PTSD back to 96'. VAC approved me for 10% initially but dropped it down to 6% as because of consequential. The main point of this, is apply, it will cover the cost of mask and hose each year and a replacement machine every 5 years after release, if you are approved.

Lyon

lyonhart
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2017-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog on Thu 28 Jun 2018, 07:03

My claim for sleep apnea earlier this year. I thought that it was consequential to my cancer (located in my neck) but it was a separate claim. VAC didn't assign a percentage as I am already at 109%. I haven't asked for a CPAP machine as I don't want to be hooked up at night.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 on Thu 28 Jun 2018, 05:19

i know many have put in for it but once again vac denied saying there was not enough evidence to say it was there fault but they did cover the cost of the machine under oxygen therapy. I have not met any vet that has been covered but i am sure some are out there gl.

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 312
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Wed 27 Jun 2018, 20:48

I have heard of getting their CPAP machines covered, because they have linked Sleep Apnea to PTSD, but I have yet to actually hear about anyone getting separate DA for it. There is ToD chart for OSA, so I guess it's possible.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3417
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Sleep Apnea Has anyone ever got approved ?

Post by Guest on Wed 27 Jun 2018, 18:35

Anyone know of someone who actually got approved for Sleep Apnea ?  If so was it consquential to PTSD or indepent of? I was approved for a cpac while in the forces due to a sleep study. I have never applied for the benefit with VAC but was approved for breathing equipment by the military doctor while serving. I see many have not had success VAC for Sleep Apnea.
Thanks for any info!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down