Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How low does your income have to be to qualify for CAF income assistance

2 posters

Go down

How low does your income have to be to qualify for CAF income assistance Empty Re: How low does your income have to be to qualify for CAF income assistance

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jul 2018, 11:19

Interesting l wonder who l could call to find out,or if they even ever give out a dollar amount

Back to top Go down

How low does your income have to be to qualify for CAF income assistance Empty Re: How low does your income have to be to qualify for CAF income assistance

Post by Nemo Mon 30 Jul 2018, 09:57

Yeah I had a look too. I can find no place where it states a dollar figure for minimum income. Dont know why that would not be indicated.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 30 Jul 2018, 07:56

That was the point I was making at the end. I cannot see anywhere where it states an actual dollar amount, that says, "If you and your spouse earn X amount of money per month, you are not entitled to CFIB!". So I think it's going to be one of those benefits, where you just have to apply, provide all the info they request, and hope for the best. If you get any amount from it, even if it's reduced, it's still better than not getting any assistance.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jul 2018, 07:28

Artie, are we talking about Canadian Forces Income Support? if so, maybe this will help.

Veterans
You may qualify if you have a low household income and:

you no longer qualify for the Earnings Loss Benefit; or
you are under age 65 and searching for suitable gainful employment.

Household income

Household income is measured in accordance with relevant legislation and takes into consideration any taxable income and any government benefits such as Old Age Security

Suitable gainful employment
This is defined as an appropriate job or career based on your level of education, training or experience.

So the offsets applied and monetary benefits you would receive depends on all sources of income coming into your household.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jul 2018, 21:56

bigrex wrote:I believe you are referring to the Canadian Forces Income Benefit.

From the Regulations.

"income, in respect of a person for a base calendar year, has the same meaning as in section 2 of the Old Age Security Act except that

(a) it does not include the aggregate of net income from employment, self-employment or rental of property that is equal to or less than

(i) in the case of a veteran with no spouse or common-law partner, $2,900,

(ii) in the case of a veteran with a spouse or common-law partner, $4,200,

(iii) in the case of a survivor, $2,900, and

(iv) in the case of an orphan, $2,900;

(b) it does not include interest income that, in the case of a veteran, survivor or orphan, is equal to or less than $140;

(c) it does not include earnings loss benefits payable under section 18 or 22 of the Act;

(d) it does not include long-term disability benefits payable under the Service Income Security Insurance Plan Long Term Disability (LTD);

(e) paragraph (d) of the definition “income” in section 2 of the Old Age Security Act does not apply;

(f) business and capital losses shall be taken into account in the year in which they occur; and

(g) dividend income shall be taken into account on the basis of the actual amount of the dividend. (revenu)

37. For the purposes of section 37 of the Act, the prescribed sources of current monthly benefits are

(a) earnings loss benefits payable under the Act;

(b) long-term disability benefits payable under the Service Income Security Insurance Plan Long Term Disability (LTD);

(c) disability pension benefits payable under the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Pension Continuation Act or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Superannuation Act other than amounts payable for a dependent child;

(d) benefits payable under the Old Age Security Act; and

(e) compassionate awards payable under section 34 of the Veterans Review and Appeal Board Act to those persons who have been refused a disability pension under the Pension Act."

But honestly, having read this, and the OAS Act, they might as well be written in Chinese, because no where can I see a definite set amount, that a person, or family, should be receiving, as a bare minimum. But the most a married Veteran can get from the CFIB, is roughly $2400/ mo, with an additional $356 for each dependant child.

Thx, but I`m not asking how much you can "get" from CFIB, I`m asking how much is too much income , coming into a household before you are declined for CFIB , i.e. if you make $25,000 a year is that too much etc?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 29 Jul 2018, 16:31

I believe you are referring to the Canadian Forces Income Benefit.

From the Regulations.

"income, in respect of a person for a base calendar year, has the same meaning as in section 2 of the Old Age Security Act except that

(a) it does not include the aggregate of net income from employment, self-employment or rental of property that is equal to or less than

(i) in the case of a veteran with no spouse or common-law partner, $2,900,

(ii) in the case of a veteran with a spouse or common-law partner, $4,200,

(iii) in the case of a survivor, $2,900, and

(iv) in the case of an orphan, $2,900;

(b) it does not include interest income that, in the case of a veteran, survivor or orphan, is equal to or less than $140;

(c) it does not include earnings loss benefits payable under section 18 or 22 of the Act;

(d) it does not include long-term disability benefits payable under the Service Income Security Insurance Plan Long Term Disability (LTD);

(e) paragraph (d) of the definition “income” in section 2 of the Old Age Security Act does not apply;

(f) business and capital losses shall be taken into account in the year in which they occur; and

(g) dividend income shall be taken into account on the basis of the actual amount of the dividend. (revenu)

37. For the purposes of section 37 of the Act, the prescribed sources of current monthly benefits are

(a) earnings loss benefits payable under the Act;

(b) long-term disability benefits payable under the Service Income Security Insurance Plan Long Term Disability (LTD);

(c) disability pension benefits payable under the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Pension Continuation Act or the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Superannuation Act other than amounts payable for a dependent child;

(d) benefits payable under the Old Age Security Act; and

(e) compassionate awards payable under section 34 of the Veterans Review and Appeal Board Act to those persons who have been refused a disability pension under the Pension Act."

But honestly, having read this, and the OAS Act, they might as well be written in Chinese, because no where can I see a definite set amount, that a person, or family, should be receiving, as a bare minimum. But the most a married Veteran can get from the CFIB, is roughly $2400/ mo, with an additional $356 for each dependant child.

bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

How low does your income have to be to qualify for CAF income assistance Empty How low does your income have to be to qualify for CAF income assistance

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jul 2018, 11:35

I`m not sure what the exact title of it is, but its not ELB or DEC,

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down