Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Veterans threaten to give back special licence plates if RCMP are eligible for same plate ...

3 posters

Go down

Veterans threaten to give back special licence plates if RCMP are eligible for same plate ... Empty Re: Veterans threaten to give back special licence plates if RCMP are eligible for same plate ...

Post by bigrex Tue 31 Jul 2018, 18:17

Personally, I do not think that the RCL should have anything to do with veterans license plates, nor be profiting off them. They should be administered by Service Canada , and be a nationally recognized license plate, just like military and government vehicles have plates that read Canada, our Plates should read Veteran at the top, and the branch you served in underneath (army, Navy, Air Force or RCMP)
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Veterans threaten to give back special licence plates if RCMP are eligible for same plate ... Empty Veterans threaten to give back special licence plates if RCMP are eligible for same plate ...

Post by Rubicon Tue 31 Jul 2018, 17:32

Agree completely Nemo. At some point in the future will the folks who worked the Tim Hortons counter in Kandahar also be eligible? There clearly needs to be a set standard that doesn't keep shifting with time. The Royal Canadian Legion definition is the definition of a veteran, period.

Rubicon
Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Veterans threaten to give back special licence plates if RCMP are eligible for same plate ... Empty Re: Veterans threaten to give back special licence plates if RCMP are eligible for same plate ...

Post by Nemo Tue 31 Jul 2018, 16:09

I guess I am not opposed to the RCMP having the rights to a veterans plate given the definition. Tho I would like to see a plate exclusive to the military. But I would be vehemently opposed to the plates ever going to civvies who served on missions. I am also opposed to civvies getting the same medals military members do. At the minimum there should be a big C on their medals to denote their civilian status. Did they under go the same training as military members did to go on mission? No..... So therefore they should not get the same medal.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Veterans threaten to give back special licence plates if RCMP are eligible for same plate ... Empty Veterans threaten to give back special licence plates if RCMP are eligible for same plate ...

Post by Rubicon Tue 31 Jul 2018, 14:44

Given that the Royal Canadian Legion definition of a veteran is "any person who is serving or who has honorably served in the Canadian Armed Forces, the Commonwealth or its wartime allies, or as a Regular Member of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, or as a Peace Officer in a Special Duty Area or on a Special Duty Operation, or who has served in the Merchant Navy or Ferry Command during wartimeā€¯, I am surprised eligibility for the licence plate varies from province to province. WTF?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/veterans-threaten-to-give-back-special-licence-plates-if-rcmp-are-eligible-for-same-plates/ar-BBLjSPS?ocid=spartanntp

Rubicon ...

Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum