Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

How long and to what extent does VAC cover mental health treatment for family members of a veteran diagnosed with PTSD?

Go down

How long and to what extent does VAC cover mental health treatment for family members of a veteran diagnosed with PTSD?

Post by Rubicon on Tue 07 Aug 2018, 12:59

Thanks Newf. I must have completely glossed right over that section.

Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Re: How long and to what extent does VAC cover mental health treatment for family members of a veteran diagnosed with PTSD?

Post by Newf on Mon 06 Aug 2018, 19:18

Rubicon,
Here is a link to the VAC policy:

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/policy/document/1104

The Family members section of this policy provides further guidance on coverage for your family. I am unsure of the age limit and if you child has to be living at home. Hopefully, VAC will get back to you soon on your questions.

If you are seeing a psychologist then talk to him/her about mental health treatment for your family members as some of these psychologists have a good understanding of whats covered.

Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubicon on Mon 06 Aug 2018, 18:49

I haven't found any reference material on the VAC website that covers help for family members affected by a member veteran diagnosed with PTSD. Does the child still have to be living at home and classed as a dependent and is there an age limit? I've sent a secure e-mail to VAC on My VAC Account to get an answer as well. Thanks.

Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Re: How long and to what extent does VAC cover mental health treatment for family members of a veteran diagnosed with PTSD?

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down