Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

How long and to what extent does VAC cover mental health treatment for family members of a veteran diagnosed with PTSD?

Go down

Re: How long and to what extent does VAC cover mental health treatment for family members of a veteran diagnosed with PTSD?

Post by RCN-Retired on Sun 19 Aug 2018, 22:36

Your children do not need to be living at home and it is your Dr and CM that seeks permission from VA or at least that is what they did for me. From there they get approved and can go to a phycologist of their choice. Mine were initially approved for 25 visits but two family members have had more then that and were approved.
RCN-Retired
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 259
Registration date : 2012-11-14

Back to top Go down

How long and to what extent does VAC cover mental health treatment for family members of a veteran diagnosed with PTSD?

Post by Rubicon on Tue 07 Aug 2018, 12:59

Thanks Newf. I must have completely glossed right over that section.

Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Re: How long and to what extent does VAC cover mental health treatment for family members of a veteran diagnosed with PTSD?

Post by Newf on Mon 06 Aug 2018, 19:18

Rubicon,
Here is a link to the VAC policy:

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/about-us/policy/document/1104

The Family members section of this policy provides further guidance on coverage for your family. I am unsure of the age limit and if you child has to be living at home. Hopefully, VAC will get back to you soon on your questions.

If you are seeing a psychologist then talk to him/her about mental health treatment for your family members as some of these psychologists have a good understanding of whats covered.

Newf
Newf
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 146
Registration date : 2014-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Rubicon on Mon 06 Aug 2018, 18:49

I haven't found any reference material on the VAC website that covers help for family members affected by a member veteran diagnosed with PTSD. Does the child still have to be living at home and classed as a dependent and is there an age limit? I've sent a secure e-mail to VAC on My VAC Account to get an answer as well. Thanks.

Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down