Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

PTSD Reassessment

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: PTSD Reassessment

Post by johnny211 Today at 06:44

Bigrex- Your spot on. They have created a monster, with all the various benefits. And I do remember back a few yrs ago, when my CM could approve things. I知 not convinced after next Apr if things will improve, for our ynger brothers and sisters behind us. Johnny Out..VVV
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic Yesterday at 17:33

You are right bigrex 100%

XMedic
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Yesterday at 17:19

See, the problem is, back before the NVC was adopted, the only things that Veterans really needed to be apply for, was disability pensions and VIP, and VIP was likely approved at the local level, so they were able to reach decisions far more rapidly. Now we have to apply for disability awards, ELB, VIP, CIA, CIAS, Caregiver Allowance, CIB, RISB, CFIS, the rehab program and DEC. Each with their own rules and regulations. Except VAC didn't hire more staff to adjudicate all of these different applications, and when they delegated more power to approve some of the benefits to the CM's, they quickly yanked them back, because the CM's saw the Veterans as actual people, instead of just numbers on a spreadsheet.
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3471
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Yesterday at 11:46

Artie Simm wrote:
Nemo wrote:I was told by my MP's office that VAC is so back logged that we can't expect quick decisions. However, if it was a matter of urgency then that is something that could be looked at. So unless you need urgent treatment for your condition OR you will be homeless due to needing money then you are unlikely to experience a quick turn around. We just have to be patient. And then decide who you want to vote for in 2019. Neither Conservatives or Liberals have done the right thing...
yes, but how long is too long, when VAC promises 16 weeks and it痴 now 32 .?

The latest is not that they will hire people and fix the problem but that they will simply tell us that our claims will take 26 to 30 weeks...or more. The knowledge that it will take a long time is what the government thinks is an adequate response.
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Artie Simm on Sat 20 Oct 2018, 22:21

XMedic wrote:I honestly can't understand how it can take so long for VAC to look at all the required information submitted, then the eligibility guidelines for the particular disability and render a decision. If it were a private insurance company it would be bankrupt. I suspect the problem is as usual in any government branch...too may chiefs and not enough...
l hear there are 30,000 claims in, but I think the real reason for the stall is that VAC was instructed by the Liberals to hold off on pay outs until April 1 2019
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 423
Registration date : 2017-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic on Sat 20 Oct 2018, 18:54

I honestly can't understand how it can take so long for VAC to look at all the required information submitted, then the eligibility guidelines for the particular disability and render a decision. If it were a private insurance company it would be bankrupt. I suspect the problem is as usual in any government branch...too may chiefs and not enough...

XMedic
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Artie Simm on Sat 20 Oct 2018, 18:31

Nemo wrote:I was told by my MP's office that VAC is so back logged that we can't expect quick decisions. However, if it was a matter of urgency then that is something that could be looked at. So unless you need urgent treatment for your condition OR you will be homeless due to needing money then you are unlikely to experience a quick turn around. We just have to be patient. And then decide who you want to vote for in 2019. Neither Conservatives or Liberals have done the right thing...
yes, but how long is too long, when VAC promises 16 weeks and it痴 now 32 .?
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Reassessment times

Post by Nemo on Sat 20 Oct 2018, 12:23

I was told by my MP's office that VAC is so back logged that we can't expect quick decisions. However, if it was a matter of urgency then that is something that could be looked at. So unless you need urgent treatment for your condition OR you will be homeless due to needing money then you are unlikely to experience a quick turn around. We just have to be patient. And then decide who you want to vote for in 2019. Neither Conservatives or Liberals have done the right thing...
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 402
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce72 on Sat 20 Oct 2018, 06:06

Artie Simm wrote:
Fordguy wrote:Long process. They recieved all my info mid April for a mental issue
so when a vet wants to inquire about the hold up on a disability claim, that is now at the 20 week mark or longer on a supposed 16 week time frame, where do you begin. Do you call/myvacaccount your Cm.? And if so what can they do for you.? Or are you supposed to start the inquiry somewhere else, with someone in more authority?

You can call VAC or message them on My VAC account. As to what they can for you depends on your specific situation.
Bruce72
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 795
Registration date : 2014-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bruce72 on Sat 20 Oct 2018, 06:04

Fordguy wrote:Long process. They recieved all my info mid April for a mental issue

It was 32 weeks for my PTSD reassessment adjudication with a positive decision. All required documents received by VAC in August 2017.
Bruce72
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 795
Registration date : 2014-03-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Artie Simm on Fri 19 Oct 2018, 22:55

so when a vet wants to inquire about the hold up on a disability claim, that is now at the 20 week mark or longer on a supposed 16 week time frame, where do you begin. Do you call/myvacaccount your Cm.? And if so what can they do for you.? Or are you supposed to start the inquiry somewhere else, with someone in more authority?
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fordguy on Sun 14 Oct 2018, 19:13

Long process. They recieved all my info mid April for a mental issue

Fordguy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2018-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Artie Simm on Sun 14 Oct 2018, 18:57

Fordguy wrote:Gunner8, when did ur reassessment go to step 3. I知 currently at 26 weeks and still waiting.
the same and that's just for tinnitus...so much for the hearing related disabilities being dealt with faster than more physical injuries
Artie Simm
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 on Sun 14 Oct 2018, 17:57

Fordguy, it was around the first week of August that it went to step 3. I put my reassessment claim in back in May.

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Fordguy on Sun 14 Oct 2018, 17:46

Gunner8, when did ur reassessment go to step 3. I知 currently at 26 weeks and still waiting.

Fordguy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2018-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next