Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Disabilities after you reach 100%

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Disabilities after you reach 100% - Page 3 Empty Re: Disabilities after you reach 100%

Post by AirLog on Sun 16 Sep 2018, 14:18

I agree with you Bigrex. Don't see this happening. I have cancer that is going to limit my life expectancy not to mention my physical limitations that I am, and will, experience for the rest of my life. Even with this said, I still don't qualify for CIA. I am on EELB and my CM is going to review my file for DEC, but, I doubt that I will ever qualify for any grade of APSC unless I am in my final days...

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Disabilities after you reach 100% - Page 3 Empty Re: Disabilities after you reach 100%

Post by bigrex on Sun 16 Sep 2018, 14:09

It doesn't matter how fair it is. That is the system they have set up, and I don't see any political will to change it. But it would be nice if they added a clause to the APSC, so that any Veteran who is assessed at over 100%, automatically receives grade 1 APSC.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3912
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun 16 Sep 2018, 13:33

AirLog wrote:Hi Artie Simm,

Once you reach 100% no further funds only treatment. My initial assessment was at 109%. When all the consequential claims were approved none came with a % only a commitment to provide to my medical needs. Short and sweet, financial compensation for disability benefits stop at 100%.

AirLog
wow, especially since an injury of 50% or more might put a vet so out of commission that they might need the money more than just treatment at least initially. There is a big difference between a vet at 95% disability who is granted one further claim of 15%, and a vet who is at 90% disability and is granted one further claim of 60%. So how do they finalize a big claim that pushes the vet well over the 100% mark

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog on Sun 16 Sep 2018, 13:02

Hi Artie Simm,

Once you reach 100% no further funds only treatment. My initial assessment was at 109%. When all the consequential claims were approved none came with a % only a commitment to provide to my medical needs. Short and sweet, financial compensation for disability benefits stop at 100%.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Disabilities after you reach 100% - Page 3 Empty Disabilities after you reach 100%

Post by Guest on Sun 16 Sep 2018, 11:31

From what I read but not fully understand, once a vet reaches 100% disability any further awards amount to no money just treatments, I.e. suppose a vet had already been determined to be 80% disabled and was still waiting on 5 other minor claims.Eventually four of them come in at a 5% award, so when the fifth award comes through at 5 % the vet gets no money but is told that physio will be covered for that final injury ( and all the others , plus $).
That to me is not that big a deal, but what if the scenario were the same except when the 5th disability was finally dealt with by VAC , they determine the injury to be at 50% or some high number like that, does that mean that vet is still not entitled to any compensation monetarily despite the severity of the injury because he previously reached 100%.? Of does the vet get paid out and from then on they can only get physio/massages etc. to cope with the injury.?
The question arrives if the vet is already at 80% disability and a 2nd claim alone places him at 100% plus, I.e. 80% and one final claim of 50% would be 130%, l would hope that VAC would not only pay the vet a 20% claim instead of 50% as that would bring him to 100%.?
I realize that once at 100% a vet can apply for other forms of compensation ( at least for now) but how long is that wait for approval another 1-2 years, when the vet may have already waited that long for his claims to meet approval that made him more than 100% disabled in the first place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum