Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

A great article on PTSD published in the October issue of the Veterans Transition Network newsletter

Go down

A great article on PTSD published in the October issue of the Veterans Transition Network newsletter Empty Re: A great article on PTSD published in the October issue of the Veterans Transition Network newsletter

Post by johnny211 on Fri 26 Oct 2018, 08:10

Good article. I have lived with ptsd now for close too 7 yrs. Had a couple of incidents in my career, and prior. Had it long before that, just didn’t know what was going on, or seeked help. I know now it’s part of my daily life, and have more tools to deal with it. Seeing my pscy for head spacing chats, massage, playing around in the garage, and outside, and trying not to isolate myself.
The one life saver for me was finding the OSSIS gp here. We have a tight gp of Brothers and sisters. We meet for coffee once a wk. And do our round table mtg every 2nd wk.
I know that if I’m having a shit day, I can call anyone of them, anytime of the day or night, chat or meet for coffee. And I know they get it..
And like wise I’ll drop everything to come to a hurtin Brother.
Johnny Out..VVV
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 728
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

A great article on PTSD published in the October issue of the Veterans Transition Network newsletter Empty Re: A great article on PTSD published in the October issue of the Veterans Transition Network newsletter

Post by Guest on Thu 25 Oct 2018, 21:48

Yup, that’s pretty much bang on what I have experience in the past to the present.  I pretty much understand my situation and difficulties that I have now dealing with life.  It’s is some what a bit of relief knowing that science is trying to explain what the brain is doing or not doing incases with military members with PTSD.  It does explain or let’s one know that your not a freak thinking why u Can get so mad one second then so depressed another minute.   How to effectively control  is the key.  On medication then off medication.  

My case I try to remain calm and stress free but that’s hard to do.  Up and down is one thing I can count on.  There is no magic pill, but acknowledging it to myself.  Being alone helps me deal with it mostly, sone may say that’s not good but for me it works with a hobby that I have. I feel I am starting to ramble away.  

Good article, I wish all of you peace.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo on Thu 25 Oct 2018, 16:30

Yes. Interesting article.

I have always found it interesting why you can have 2 people witness the same thing and one will have PTSD and the other will not. Seems that some people with PTSD are set up for it by previous incidents in their lives with sexual assault at an early age being one of them. One would think then that perhaps some type of early intervention in such people might help stop the onset of PTSD if they had adequate therapies to deal with it before it occurred.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 437
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldozer on Thu 25 Oct 2018, 13:01

interesting thanks!
bulldozer
bulldozer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

A great article on PTSD published in the October issue of the Veterans Transition Network newsletter Empty A great article on PTSD published in the October issue of the Veterans Transition Network newsletter

Post by Rubicon on Thu 25 Oct 2018, 09:24

This article put some things in perspective for me reference PTSD so I thought it worthy of sharing.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/the-mindful-self-express/201809/how-ptsd-and-trauma-affect-your-brain-functioning

Rubicon
Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down