Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CPPD and VAC deductions

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

CPPD and VAC deductions - Page 2 Empty Re: CPPD and VAC deductions

Post by AirLog Thu 07 Mar 2019, 18:00

Bigrex,

I am in the process of applying for CPPD as my private LTD insurer has requested that I apply. Based on my conversation with my LTD provider and CPPD (they called to inform me that they will be expediting my application due to my illness), I most likely will be approved for CPPD in the. next week or two. I do understand that my military pension will be reduced by CPPD but will my ELB also be reduced by the amount I receive from CPPD? I was under the impression that my military pension would be reduced but then my ELB would be increased by the amount my pension would be reduced where I would basically end up with approximately the same amount of monthly income. Otherwise what is the benefit of applying for CPPD? Advice desperately needed.

Steve

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 246
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 03 Nov 2018, 11:24

the deduction from the CF pension is the same, regardless of when you get it. it reduces by roughly $300, for the so called "bridge benefit". And like I said, the CPP(D) is only used to reduce ELB, SISIP and the CF pension. It might also be deducted from private LTD plans a Veteran may have as well, but those are the three main deductions most disabled Veterans will deal with. It does not reduce disability pensions, CIA, or CIAS.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2018, 10:44

bigrex wrote:CPP(D) reduces the amounts received from ELB, SISIP and the CF Pension. If you are not receiving any of these, then you will be able to collect 100% of your CPP(D).
by CF pension do you mean a regular release pension or a 3b release, also what about disability payments a vet is receiving for other physical injuries is that gouged as well?

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Sat 03 Nov 2018, 10:14

If you are with SISIP then SISIP is the first in line to deduct that from their payment to you.
If after that VAC is deducting it: it is called stealing. So, keep your numbers in check.

Cheers

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 03 Nov 2018, 09:50

CPP(D) reduces the amounts received from ELB, SISIP and the CF Pension. If you are not receiving any of these, then you will be able to collect 100% of your CPP(D).
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

CPPD and VAC deductions - Page 2 Empty CPPD and VAC deductions

Post by Guest Sat 03 Nov 2018, 03:46

I understand that if a vet is approved CPPD that amount, let’s say $1000 is deducted from ELB as long as the vet is on it, but suppose a vet is no longer on ELB or VAC removes a vets ELB, are there any other deductions of VAC benefits associated with being on CPPD. I.E if a vet was getting $500 a month CIA, does VAC do a $500CIA - $1000 CPPD = 0, or Is that $1000 deducted form DEC as well etc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum