Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assessment completed for VAC reassessment

+4
bulldozer
Fordguy
bigrex
Nemo
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Assessment  completed for VAC reassessment Empty Re: Assessment completed for VAC reassessment

Post by Angie Sat 17 Nov 2018, 18:16

I have been at step 3 since September 5 ,2017 on a non complex Disability Award claim ... sigh 😉

Sent from Topic'it App
Angie
Angie
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2018-07-01

Back to top Go down

Assessment  completed for VAC reassessment Empty Re: Assessment completed for VAC reassessment

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2018, 19:12

bulldozer wrote:sorry bruce72 but i am now doing rehab  and declared dec + receiving eelb

I stand corrected.

Participation in a Rehabilitation Plan Post DEC Determination
A Veteran who has been determined to be DEC may continue to participate in a rehabilitation plan to address his/her rehabilitation needs.
While a Veteran may be unable to achieve suitable gainful employment due to the Veteran’s eligible health problem(s), the Veteran may still have the capacity to earn income to some degree and want to return to the workforce. A Veteran who has been determined to have met the criteria for DEC may be supported in vocational rehabilitation to achieve an appropriate occupational goal, including any training that may be needed, given the Veteran’s capacity, as per the Rehabilitation Program - Vocational Rehabilitation and Vocational Assistance policy. The Veteran’s rehabilitation plan should be completed when appropriate, as per the Rehabilitation Program Plan policy.

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldozer Fri 16 Nov 2018, 16:40

sorry bruce72 but i am now doing rehab and declared dec + receiving eelb
bulldozer
bulldozer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 16 Nov 2018, 13:03

Like I said, the only reason they would cease your ELB, is because you refused to submit requested documentation, or if they find that you committed fraud, in order to get it. Like someone claimed being DEC for a back injury, but then someone from VAC witnesses them running a marathon.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2018, 12:42

bulldozer wrote:can they cease your EELB in writing even if your DEC and doing rehab?

Veterans receiving EELB do not participate in a Rehab program. Once declared DEC you would be removed from any Rehab plan.

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldozer Fri 16 Nov 2018, 10:34

can they cease your EELB in writing even if your DEC and doing rehab?
bulldozer
bulldozer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 15 Nov 2018, 23:04

Bog, they will not cease your ELB, without informing you in writing first. But that shouldn't happen unless the Veteran is non compliant when requested for additional documentation. So as long as you submitted the questionnaire they requested, you cannot be held responsible for their inability to complete the process in a timely fashion.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bog6 Thu 15 Nov 2018, 20:53

this might be a no brainer but i have to ask it ...
while you are waiting for your re-assessment such as 2nd year on Extended Earnings Loss. do they stop your benefit..? till re-assessment is complete..

rendeer

bog6
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2017-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Thu 15 Nov 2018, 18:46

If you are right and they get pushed to April or later, what does that mean for us with claims in?

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic Thu 15 Nov 2018, 18:38

My PTSD reassessment is now at 27 weeks and counting. My VAC account still says more information?? BPA and CM both say don't worry about what it says. I inquired by email and was told they are working on January 2018 and it will be a minimum of six more months before they start working on May 2018 non-complex PTSD adjudications. I find it interesting that a lot of the reassessments are being pushed toward and after the big April 1, 2019 PFL start.
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Thu 15 Nov 2018, 18:26

Fordguy, everytime I call they give me a different answer. One told me end of November, the other told me first week in December (which would be 16 weeks), and someone else told me there still working on January claims. I don’t any of them are certain when claims will get done, they just say what they are told to say. It’s sad really.

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Fordguy Sat 10 Nov 2018, 17:40

I,m still waiting. 30 weeks now for reassessment for mental health, I call last week working on Jan 18, however average wait time is 20 weeks figure that out.

Fordguy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2018-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldozer Sat 10 Nov 2018, 13:45

happy for you Nemo and best of luck
bulldozer
bulldozer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Fordguy Sat 10 Nov 2018, 09:32

Good luck nemo hopefully you get your money soon.

Fordguy
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2018-08-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Nemo Fri 09 Nov 2018, 18:36

My claim went to step 3 mid April 2018. Was not for mental health.
Nemo
Nemo
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 464
Registration date : 2010-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next