Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Fighting for CIA

Go down

Fighting for CIA Empty Fighting for CIA

Post by Guest on Tue 13 Nov 2018, 08:09

I notice in all cases where VAC disagrees with a claim put forward by a vet, that vet receives a letter stating they have 60 days for a rebuttal. What about in the case of CIA acquisition, or attaining a higher grade of CIA, when 60 days have already passed or the vet tried to argue his claim and was denied in that time frame.: after april1 2019 CIA no longer exists under that heading, it will now be called Pain and Suffering Compensation or something like that, and the amounts of payment will have been reduced ( although now tax free). Since most particulars of the benefit are changing in a few months couldn’t a vet who was originally denied, or failed to argue his point in the 60 day window, have grounds to apply again, as this is basically a “ different” program.?

Back to top Go down

Fighting for CIA Empty Re: Fighting for CIA

Post by Teager on Tue 13 Nov 2018, 10:40

I applied twice to CIA within a year. I was granted it the second time with the exact same information. Guess I just got lucky the second time around. You can re-apply as many times as you want.

If you are trying to attain a higher grade and have been denied you really need to send that in writing and clearly state with medical reports how you meet the criteria for that level.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 13 Nov 2018, 10:52

Teager wrote:I applied twice to CIA within a year. I was granted it the second time with the exact same information. Guess I just got lucky the second time around. You can re-apply as many times as you want.

If you are trying to attain a higher grade and have been denied you really need to send that in writing and clearly state with medical reports how you meet the criteria for that level.
my problem is, with the wait time on decisions, none of the “new” information I require would be ready in 60 days. I don’t see the point in resubmitting without anything different to say.. ? However a year from now I will probably have all my ducks in a row, and yet the 60 day time frame will have passed.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 13 Nov 2018, 12:05

Well, then simply re-apply. If they ask why you waited past the 60 days, tell them that you have new medical evidence to support the new application.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 13 Nov 2018, 12:21

The time frames are completely arbitrary, and really only used to dissuade Veterans from making applications. For example, according to the rehab program regulations, the veteran has to apply within 120 days of their release, unless the delay is reasonable. Well I didn't start the rehab program until 6 years after my release, because I did the 2 years under SISIP, then worked for 4 years, before the pain levels got to be just too much.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 13 Nov 2018, 12:48

bigrex wrote:Well, then simply re-apply. If they ask why you waited past the 60 days, tell them that you have new medical evidence to support the new application.
well then let me rephrase the question, has anyone here tried to appeal a claim after the 60 day time limit and what was the outcome? Perhaps it's already happened to someone where they get a letter saying " though we agree with your new evidence, too much time has passed". I will wait until the 59 day mate just incase any of the new ammo comes in, but if not and my appeal goes in,I do not understand how a claim gets the thumbs up a second time round with no new proof, that in itself is one of the frustrating things in dealing with VAC

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 13 Nov 2018, 13:20

That's the thing, it's not an appeal of the first application. You would need to submit a brand new application, so therefor the 60 day limit is not applicable.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 13 Nov 2018, 14:23

bigrex wrote:That's the thing, it's not an appeal of the first application. You would need to submit a brand new application, so therefor the 60 day limit is not applicable.
but it is an appeal of the first application, I’ve been denied, I have 60 days to provide something new for them to glean, but my case is not ready. What I’m saying is, that if I do appeal their decision and again they deny it, even if I apply again in 3 months, they will say “ we’ve been over this, no is no. Or can someone endless apply for cia/ cia upgrade regardless of deadlines and time limits, you know how VAC is, months quickly become years, so I don’t want my 60 days to run out with out at least submitting something, let’s also not for get April 1 2019 is only 4 1/2 months away, who knows what wrench the new rules are going to throw into the system

Back to top Go down

Post by Vet1234 on Tue 13 Nov 2018, 15:44

Artie Simm wrote:
bigrex wrote:Well, then simply re-apply. If they ask why you waited past the 60 days, tell them that you have new medical evidence to support the new application.
well then let me rephrase the question, has anyone here tried to appeal a claim after the 60 day time limit and what was the outcome? Perhaps it's already happened to someone where they get a letter saying " though we agree with your new evidence, too much time has passed". I will wait until the 59 day mate just incase any of the new ammo comes in, but if not and my appeal goes in,I do not understand how a claim gets the thumbs up a second time round with no new proof, that in itself is one of the frustrating things in dealing with VAC

I did and was granted. I was fed up with the system and had a shitty case manager. A new application is just as good as an appeal.
Vet1234
Vet1234
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 588
Registration date : 2016-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum