Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QOL ratings

3 posters

Go down

QOL ratings Empty Re: QOL ratings

Post by Guest Fri 16 Nov 2018, 12:10

bigrex wrote:What do you really expect? Do you think VAC should simply add a QoL rating, on a claim from more than 13 years ago, without even looking at where you fall on the current Tables? The ToD are public, so there is nothing to prevent you from looking at them, and estimating what % you should get, based on your reported symptoms. Once you determine the percentage, you can see what the QoL range would be. The actual percentage can remain the same, or even decrease, because of how the tables were restructured, but it could also increase. But without any changes to your condition being reported, I doubt a reassessment would be beneficial, just to get a QoL rating.
I’m not expecting anything, I guess the point I’m trying to make is that not knowing that QOL was not applied to my injury based on the year on which it happened, I guess I should have had it reassessessed sooner than 20 years , I may have been entitled to some compensation that could have helped the QOL of my family over all these years

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 16 Nov 2018, 07:44

What do you really expect? Do you think VAC should simply add a QoL rating, on a claim from more than 13 years ago, without even looking at where you fall on the current Tables? The ToD are public, so there is nothing to prevent you from looking at them, and estimating what % you should get, based on your reported symptoms. Once you determine the percentage, you can see what the QoL range would be. The actual percentage can remain the same, or even decrease, because of how the tables were restructured, but it could also increase. But without any changes to your condition being reported, I doubt a reassessment would be beneficial, just to get a QoL rating.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2018, 23:24

By the Bay wrote:
Artie Simm wrote:I was informed by VAC that because my injury occurred before 2006, although it was given a disability % there is no QOL % added to it.they said it was because the table for it didnt exist back then. My injury affects my quality of life, so what do you do to include that % , get a reassessment..? My original injury has gotten no better or worse so I don’t feel the % will change, however if a vet experienced the same injury today they would be pensioned at the same % rating plus a further % for QOL. ...or are injuries before 2006 not entitled to a QOL % even during reassessments.?
Hi Artie, 

You might want to ask another person from VAC because I am under the old pension act and I was assigned a QOL rating.  My CM sent me the Quality of Life Questionnaire and it was used as apart of my recent updated pensioned reassessment. 

Cheers, 
By the Bay
that's what I'm saying, initially I was given a disability % but no qOL % before 2006. I've never had a reassessment as the injury is no different, in order to get a qol % added to the claim , I guess I would have to jump through the hoops of a reassessment

Back to top Go down

Post by EZRider Thu 15 Nov 2018, 14:12

bigrex wrote:yes, even claims from before 2006 will use the current ToD, including the QoL tables, if you request a reassessment. If they increase, because of the QOL, so be it, but the %'s were adjusted for the QOL, so it doesn't really add anything. For example, a condition that would have been assessed at 15%, before 2006, was lowered to 13%, plus with a QoL rating of 1-3%, so the actual payment remains at the 15% rate. It was all just a bureaucratic shell game.

Sounds right Bigrex....shell game.

EZRider
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2013-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 15 Nov 2018, 14:08

yes, even claims from before 2006 will use the current ToD, including the QoL tables, if you request a reassessment. If they increase, because of the QOL, so be it, but the %'s were adjusted for the QOL, so it doesn't really add anything. For example, a condition that would have been assessed at 15%, before 2006, was lowered to 13%, plus with a QoL rating of 1-3%, so the actual payment remains at the 15% rate. It was all just a bureaucratic shell game.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Thu 15 Nov 2018, 13:53

Artie Simm wrote:I was informed by VAC that because my injury occurred before 2006, although it was given a disability % there is no QOL % added to it.they said it was because the table for it didnt exist back then. My injury affects my quality of life, so what do you do to include that % , get a reassessment..? My original injury has gotten no better or worse so I don’t feel the % will change, however if a vet experienced the same injury today they would be pensioned at the same % rating plus a further % for QOL. ...or are injuries before 2006 not entitled to a QOL % even during reassessments.?
Hi Artie, 

You might want to ask another person from VAC because I am under the old pension act and I was assigned a QOL rating.  My CM sent me the Quality of Life Questionnaire and it was used as apart of my recent updated pensioned reassessment. 

Cheers, 
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by EZRider Thu 15 Nov 2018, 12:45

Well that sounds odd....I have no answer but am intrigued as to why. I have reassessments at stage 3 ( week 12 ) for old charter injuries and was given a QOL form to fill, watch and shoot I suppose.

EZRider
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2013-07-25

Back to top Go down

QOL ratings Empty QOL ratings

Post by Guest Thu 15 Nov 2018, 11:52

I was informed by VAC that because my injury occurred before 2006, although it was given a disability % there is no QOL % added to it.they said it was because the table for it didnt exist back then. My injury affects my quality of life, so what do you do to include that % , get a reassessment..? My original injury has gotten no better or worse so I don’t feel the % will change, however if a vet experienced the same injury today they would be pensioned at the same % rating plus a further % for QOL. ...or are injuries before 2006 not entitled to a QOL % even during reassessments.?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum