Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

PFL

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Go down

PFL  - Page 15 Empty Re: PFL

Post by propat on Sat 26 Jan 2019, 12:04

hey bigrex not sure about that I was refused an increases on the current standard . thing is I should have asked for a reassessment prior to the change . the refusal letter I got was due to time in 20 years .it was a math formula . that time gave me a factor of zero they wold multiply by . zero by anything is zero . so I never had a shot and seems if I wasn't grandfathered id be out .anyhow the old qualifying factors were quite arbitrary if the future rules are the same its a coin toss but if they are more well defined im sure il get an increase . anyhow after the change we will find out because I will be asking for a review .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by propat on Sat 26 Jan 2019, 12:10

hey guys ELB deducts SISIP if you make 20 g next year and SISIP deducts that amount from your SISIP payment then ELB will add that amount .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Sat 26 Jan 2019, 12:52

Propat, when they did the review of existing CIA recipients, they were only looking to see if the new criteria, of lost service, would increase their CIA grade. So if you were already getting grade 3, they looked at your file and saw that even though you were DEC, you had served more than 20 years, so you would not be entitled to a CIA grade increase. They didn't look at whether or not, you were getting the proper grade, based on the medical evidence. So if you feel that you are getting the wrong grade, or that your condition has worsened, you can request a full reassessment, and possibly get a higher grade.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager on Sat 26 Jan 2019, 13:33

Propat do you have a source for the info regards to VAC giving you whatever SISIP takes back?

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Sat 26 Jan 2019, 16:54

Teager, it's because the IRB, will guarantees the Veteran will not earn less than 90% of your income, from all the relevant sources, including SISIP and employment income above $20000, before taxes. So if your SISIP payment is reduced by $20000, because of employment, then that just means that the IRB deduction for SISIP, will also be reduced by $20000.

But to be honest, if you are deemed totally disabled by SISIP, any type of employment could be seen as a breach of their policy, and used to cease benefits. Which really wouldn't be that big of a deal, if you are also on IRB.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager on Sat 26 Jan 2019, 17:18

It would make more sense to just move those from SISIP to VAC then that are DEC. To report income to SISIP have them claw it back but also report to VAC so they can top it back up just for SISIP to eventually say c-ya seems like a lot of bs.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by propat on Sat 26 Jan 2019, 20:34

yes bigrex that I know but like I said my factor was 0 due to time served witch multiplied by anything is 0 . also like I stated I will be asking for a review but not until the new criteria comes in because like I said the criteria may be more well defined than in the past .

if so this could be good for the most disabled of vets although they normally don't give without taking so less than helpful for younger vets .

anyhow being grandfathered at grade 3 with nothing to lose ill wait till April 1st and give her a run . we can see what happens then .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Sat 26 Jan 2019, 21:58

All that is happening in April, is they are removing the "time in" component for getting CIA. The medical criteria for determining the CIA is staying the same. So therefor, it will not make a difference, if you request the reassessment now, or in a few months.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by propat on Tue 29 Jan 2019, 10:47

ya bigrex you could be correct however I believe they will be changing more than just the " time in " criteria . how much more im unsure . I believe the most arbitrary of the criteria is the "potential" to ern the percentage of imputed income and will be eliminated as well . again not making a difference as to when I apply but if they make further changes it very well may .

ive seen them make unexpected changes to criteria before as im sure you have . to my recollection have never came by themselves but came with other much more significant changes .

so with nothing to loose by waiting and a chance of being better of by waiting well ill be waiting .

im sure you can understand why .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 29 Jan 2019, 23:18

True, they have secretly made some benefits easier to get, in the past. But they've also made some things harder to get, without telling anyone, as well. But honestly, even if someone was to put in an application in tomorrow, there's good chance that, by the time it made it to the adjudication stage, any possible changes will already be in effect, anyways. So I guess there is no real harm in waiting until April, if that is what you choose.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Steelgunner on Thu 21 Feb 2019, 22:31

Teentitan wrote:Steelgunner I admire your "benefit of the doubt" you want to give her but I want to point something out that you may have forgotten....

If she "might" do the right thing by blowing the whistle I want you to remember she was in charge of the Justice Department that shot down the Equitas Lawsuit.

But there is already rumors that what happened to her might have upset her enough NOT to run again in the next election.  So if she wants to really blow the whistle let's wait and see if she is going to run again for MP.

Let's not forget one MP has already left the Liberal ship Leona Alleslev.  It will be interesting to see how many MP's run again after the last 4 years of blunders.

Hey Teen what do you think of my earlier comment now?  She is going to break Trudeau’s balls.

Steelgunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2017-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 15 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 13, 14, 15

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum