Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PFL

+17
bulldozer
BinRat
Rifleman
bosn181
Iceman
propat
SIGS PIGS
Supremedebater
Vet1234
czerv
Teager
Sailor63
Tango-33
exarmyguy
Armygunner
bigrex
Ireland102
21 posters

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

PFL  - Page 3 Empty PFL

Post by Rubicon Thu 17 Jan 2019, 09:12

My VAC letter advising the estimated $50.01 to $75 PFL amount per month refers to an included calculation sheet. Unfortunately the copy I received at my local VAC office did not have the calculation sheet with it. I'll have to wait until it arrives via snail mail and report back.

Rubicon
Rubicon
Rubicon
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2017-03-16

Back to top Go down

PFL  - Page 3 Empty Re: PFL

Post by Tilap61 Wed 16 Jan 2019, 19:09

Just realized my CPP disability gives me more monthly then what a 100% disabled vet will get with the new PFL. Food for thought

Tilap61
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2017-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Tilap61 Wed 16 Jan 2019, 08:57

For some reason the French side works. Less traffic probably

Tilap61
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2017-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Wed 16 Jan 2019, 08:53

Error / Erreur
One moment please
We are experiencing higher than normal traffic on My VAC Account. Thank you for your patience.

Back to website This is the BS I am getting since yesterday.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jan 2019, 23:41

Teentitan wrote:I always have hope Steelgunner and encourage everyone to have hope.  

But didn't a lot of vets have 'hope' when they elected the Libs because of all the promises Trudeau made to veterans during the last election?

I am not political, all parties have screwed the Veteran one way or another. Does not matter who is in power, we have to fix VAC from a standpoint of actually doing the right thing. VAC and SSIP need a totally overhaul and a void of political interference, and non profit organization may be the way to go. But VAC has become bigger then the machine in some ways, it’s more of a business that supplies jobs and contracts for political favours.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 15 Jan 2019, 23:35

I always have hope Steelgunner and encourage everyone to have hope.

But didn't a lot of vets have 'hope' when they elected the Libs because of all the promises Trudeau made to veterans during the last election?

Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jan 2019, 23:07

I do believe the case was heard and shot down in the British Columbia Court not the federal court. But the lawyers for the government where from the Federal Justice Department paid by the taxpayers.   Either way, I am hopefull that someone in VAC will get a spine and tell the truth.  We can hope can’t we!!!!!!

Hopefully more MP’s will quit, leave, or jump ship of the good ship lollipop HMS Gropper.

Ps: in regards to the Equitas Lawsuit.
It was handled wrong by the Equitas Lawyer, they took a pause when they had the upper hand. Then they where wined and dined at the committee members meetings and actually believed the GOC was going to do the right thing. We have saw, felt and now see the results of the committee members meeting equal the PFL debacle. Where are these members now, they are the reason we are in this bigger mess. I thought the NVC was a mess, but it looks good compared to this PFL BS.

Back to top Go down

Post by Teentitan Tue 15 Jan 2019, 22:32

Steelgunner I admire your "benefit of the doubt" you want to give her but I want to point something out that you may have forgotten....

If she "might" do the right thing by blowing the whistle I want you to remember she was in charge of the Justice Department that shot down the Equitas Lawsuit.

But there is already rumors that what happened to her might have upset her enough NOT to run again in the next election. So if she wants to really blow the whistle let's wait and see if she is going to run again for MP.

Let's not forget one MP has already left the Liberal ship Leona Alleslev. It will be interesting to see how many MP's run again after the last 4 years of blunders.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 15 Jan 2019, 21:50

I almost don’t no where to start, it’s beyond reason in what VAC is trying to pull off.  Why has not a former member of the military that works at VAC not leaked some memos to show us what is really happening at VAC?  

7 Ministers of Veterans Affairs Canada in the last 10 years.  That statement says a lot.  

One of my military buddies that is 40% PA, 60 % NVC, 3 years age difference and different enrolment date/end date then me. I am 100% NVC at over 100% and we both got the same estimate of $250-75.  How can that be?  No formula to check there work, I call bull shit on their facts and figures.  

This will take a law suit or a federal investigation on how VAC actually handles the Veterans files.  Maybe having the former Justice Minister as the new MVA is a blessing and she actually does the right legal thing by blowing the whistle on VAC.

The news cycle and Veteran reporters that help us in our cause will be instrumental in the next few months to unveil the BS at VAC and maybe we will get some explanation on how this debacle can be fixed.

I still stand my original thought it’s still cheaper to go back to the PA system but politicians want to reinvent the wheel. It’s past comical, VAC could have the number one reality show on CBC if they only let the cameras in.

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Tue 15 Jan 2019, 21:46

what ever level your cia is will now become the additional pain and suffering. If you are not maxed out on that then there is a chance to go higher but i am sure that's going to be a hard fight. they are going to go by medical reasons only and remove the financial that is currently attached to the cia. I am sure someone will post it up for you to read from vac site.

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by SIGS PIGS Tue 15 Jan 2019, 21:08

I am in receipt of DEC,CIA,CIAS and will now receive PFL. My question is am I entitled to the PFL Supplement that they talk about. Or is my 300 or 400 what I am about to receive from this new calulation,

thanks,

SIGS

SIGS PIGS
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2017-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv Tue 15 Jan 2019, 21:03

Have been trying to access vac mayaccount since this afternoon.
No luck ... looks like they 'experience high'.... traffic bs.

I guess, they will need another 10 bill to fix it.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 299
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Tue 15 Jan 2019, 20:23

Iceman wrote:I’ve come up with a very rough way to figure out the PFL for lump sum recipients. Again, very rough

Take their magic age of 84 and your age as of April to get the number of years of payments they will pay. ( they will pay after age of 84, this is just the magic number)

Then reduce those years by 26. The years worth of payments they already made

Add the difference in years from when you got the payment.

This is the number of years worth of payments, they will pay, BUT spread out over 84 less your current age.

For example, let’s say some is 55 as of April, and they got a lump sum at age 50

84 - 55 - 26 + 5 = 8

So that is 8 years of payments spread out over 29 years (84-55) or 8/29 or 27%
So basically 27% of the percent of pension your receive
For 100%.    1150 x .27 = 310.00. Again, extremely rough calculation

My rough quote I posted earlier was pretty close to the notice I got in myvac.

Iceman
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 206
Registration date : 2016-05-03

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Tue 15 Jan 2019, 19:51

which also brings me to something else which I can't get an answer for, either from VAC or Micheal Drapeau cause it's his class action lawsuit..

Back then 2006 if you were on ELB and under the old pension act, that was clawed back from your ELB, so if they go back during the time when they were deducting PA amount of Pension from Earning loss cause it was non-taxable, are we going to run now into the same situation with this New Pension For life, cause during that time, thats the rules / policy so people who go back that far now, and are per say gonna get $1150 a month 100% are they now going to go, Ohh now you had an over payment amount of $1150 a month and now you owe us because of a ELB over payment..
Cause that went until 2012 sometime when they stopped taking the PA amount from ELB.

But, so sad I can't get an answer to that question or concern..

Afterthought

So to me if they say no we aren't going to do that, then hey my $$$ you clawed back from me back then, should be returned to me today dollar for dollar and Mr Drapeau's class action lawsuit would be mute if they did that, and I'd get exactly back the amount on what they deducted from me, then this Smaller amount I'd be getting from this class action case..

Last edited by BinRat on Tue 15 Jan 2019, 19:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had an after thought)

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by BinRat Tue 15 Jan 2019, 19:38

Well we all know who ever tried to do this screwed up..
There's so many different calculations that I really don't know what they are thinking..

Like I was just reading the PFL site, and reading the someone received a award of 100% back in 2006
Dwayne and Cant think of her name.. It's like in their calculations they go we go back 156 months or 13 year's back to their Award date.. Hmmm so back then in 2006 it starts at Max $1150 a Month.. so here we are at 13 year's later, and still at $1150 so what we got no increase in it for 13 year's, plus the Dollar amount back then would be different cause max award when it first started was $250K and wasn't until 2017 when VAC did the increase to max amount, and even that was a sham..

I don't think VAC really though this whole thing through. or possible different scenarios thats why by having more consultation with EVERY VET, they might of actually got feed back or Questions about how is this or that gonna be reflected. Instead they used 6 groups who just didn't think outside the box, and or question / bring up any so hows this gonna work, or anything else that doesn't seem right.

BinRat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 271
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum