Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

earnings loss benefit overpaid

+6
czerv
Teager
AirLog
XMedic
bigrex
Old Army Guy
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

earnings loss benefit overpaid Empty Re: earnings loss benefit overpaid

Post by johnny211 Mon 14 Jan 2019, 13:08

Xmedic - Congrats, another Vet who has travelled that long rd, and came out the other side. 48 wks is a crock..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic Mon 14 Jan 2019, 11:17

The process is exceedingly long Bulldozer. 48 weeks is excessive. Perhaps a call to the ombudsman is needed.
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldozer Mon 14 Jan 2019, 05:54

happy for you xmedic im still waiting for reassessment for ptsd and a knee now 48 weeks ???
bulldozer
bulldozer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Jan 2019, 03:56

XMedic wrote:Received word that my PTSD reassessment is complete.  At the same time I was approved as DEC.  My CM has scheduled a meeting at the end of the month to discuss what impact DEC will have and for me to complete my CIAS application.  The whole process took seven months from the date I applied for reassessment.

It's good to see you will receive the assistance from VAC you require XMedic.

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic Sun 13 Jan 2019, 19:37

Thanks Bosn181
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Sun 13 Jan 2019, 19:33

glad to hear the long wait is over and you got approved

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic Sun 13 Jan 2019, 18:03

Received word that my PTSD reassessment is complete. At the same time I was approved as DEC. My CM has scheduled a meeting at the end of the month to discuss what impact DEC will have and for me to complete my CIAS application. The whole process took seven months from the date I applied for reassessment.
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic Sun 23 Dec 2018, 12:59

Well I'm at "D-Day" plus four days and no word what was decided at the interdisciplinary committee meeting regarding my DEC designation. My therapist and psychiatrist as well as the March of Dimes assessment all recommended DEC. I guess I was hoping that the decision would be made last Thursday and my CM would let me know by Friday. I guess I'll just have to wait and see. They sure like to keep you guessing and waiting!
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic Mon 17 Dec 2018, 17:50

Thanks bigrex...I will definitely request a grade review when I send in my application for CIAS.
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 17 Dec 2018, 17:33

XMedic, I don't think it's automatic, so I would request a review the moment you get confirmation of DEC. Because the Liberals introduced a second set of CIA assessment criteria last year, that states that if you are DEC, and served between 10 and 20 years, you should be getting grade 2. But those new criteria and not going to apply to the CIA replacement benefit, the APSC. So you need to get that changed as quickly as possible, because the APSC will keep awarding the same grade that the Veteran was at, under the PIA, even if they would no longer qualify, based solely on their disabilities.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic Mon 17 Dec 2018, 17:06

Thanks Artie Simm for the reply. It appears to be hit and miss.
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 17 Dec 2018, 17:02

XMedic wrote:So Thursday is "D" day for my DEC decision by the VAC multidisciplinary team.  I already have CIA so I am hoping for the CIAS.  Just a question though... If I get DEC will my CIA amount automatically change from the current grade three to grade two?  I find the definitions kind of tough to follow on this one.  I retired with 10 plus years service.  Thanks, xMedic
from what I`ve read here, if you become DEC your CIA grade does not necessarily change, if I`m not mistaken there are vets on here who are DEC and at all the three Grade levels, DEC/CIA Grade 1,2 & 3. The only thing that might be "automatic" is that if you are deemed DEC , all you have to do after that is a apply for the CIA Suppliment ( regardless of what CIA Grade you are, or may move to) and you`re supposed to get the CIAS...however I just read on another site of a vet who said he was granted DEC, but VAC denied his CIA, CIAS ??, who knows what to believe

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic Mon 17 Dec 2018, 15:37

So Thursday is "D" day for my DEC decision by the VAC multidisciplinary team.  I already have CIA so I am hoping for the CIAS.  Just a question though... If I get DEC will my CIA amount automatically change from the current grade three to grade two?  I find the definitions kind of tough to follow on this one.  I retired with 10 plus years service.  Thanks, xMedic
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldozer Fri 14 Dec 2018, 14:28

same here and i feel you pain brother ,stay strong !
bulldozer
bulldozer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2018, 13:01

bulldozer wrote:Artie simm the answer is yes but for my case and haven't read nothing on this here ,my story in short is that was approved cpp (QPP) actualy in 2016 then in november 2017 i applied on my vac account for elb,cia,cias all at the same time then was approved elb in feb 2018 so i call my CM and the lady on the phone said that my CM was on sick leave so i said i would like to talk to a CM asap so she transfered me to CM on guard ,so i told her that i wanted to be DEC so she said send me a fax of my CPP that says that your totally disable (PTSD) because im going in front of a board next week and with this of paper my chances are very good then 3 weeks after was approved for DEC , last time i talk to my cm and was approved anything was in 2002 then nothing else since year because i was disconected with the outside world for 15 + years,so i hope this helps somebody else before april 2019,best of luck guys!
it’s great to hear I’m not alone in this,

Last edited by Artie Simm on Sat 15 Dec 2018, 00:53; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next