Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

earnings loss benefit overpaid

+6
czerv
Teager
AirLog
XMedic
bigrex
Old Army Guy
10 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

earnings loss benefit overpaid - Page 2 Empty Re: earnings loss benefit overpaid

Post by bulldozer Fri 14 Dec 2018, 11:36

corection its QPPD like CPPD,sorry but it should be the same,i guess?
bulldozer
bulldozer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

earnings loss benefit overpaid - Page 2 Empty Re: earnings loss benefit overpaid

Post by bulldozer Fri 14 Dec 2018, 11:30

Artie simm the answer is yes but for my case and haven't read nothing on this here ,my story in short is that was approved cpp (QPP) actualy in 2016 then in november 2017 i applied on my vac account for elb,cia,cias all at the same time then was approved elb in feb 2018 so i call my CM and the lady on the phone said that my CM was on sick leave so i said i would like to talk to a CM asap so she transfered me to CM on guard ,so i told her that i wanted to be DEC so she said send me a fax of my CPP that says that your totally disable (PTSD) because im going in front of a board next week and with this of paper my chances are very good then 3 weeks after was approved for DEC , last time i talk to my cm and was approved anything was in 2002 then nothing else since year because i was disconected with the outside world for 15 + years,so i hope this helps somebody else before april 2019,best of luck guys!
bulldozer
bulldozer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2018, 08:45

Bruce72 wrote:
Artie Simm wrote:
Bruce72 wrote:
Artie Simm wrote:
Bruce72 wrote:
Artie Simm wrote:So if you tell your CM you’d like to apply for DEC , and they say “ yeah sure”, where is the proof that they ever put forward the recommendation as you can’t track something like that on the my vac account, what’s a reasonable amount of time to pass before a vet should hear back from vac either positively or negatively.? Are there forms for your dr./ psychologist to fill , can you view them on line.?

There are forms for your therapist or doctor or both to fill out for DEC Artie, but they are not found online. The forms are mailed to your doctor and you go through them together. You have that right. As for checks and balances for your CM regarding whether or not they put in the paperwork, I personally never doubted it, because I never had reason to. I guess you just have to ask.

Decisions of DEC are not strictly made on your medical impairment rating. You must have a disability or disabilities that are creating a permanent barrier to reestablishing yourself in the workplace.
thx, what if you were all ready approved disabled by CPPD but , your claims with vac have not yet been actioned, though if they were the added % would be over 100%, whould that be enough reason to apply DEC.?

Artie, I would hesitate to give you direct advice regarding your question. I have no experience with CPPD I have never bothered with it. You are in a sense putting the cart before the horse. As I said there are a number of factors that are taken into consideration when VAC makes the decision to deem someone DEC or not. I'm not familiar with how it all works. But I do understand that DEC designations are not  based solely of your %. I can't say what is keeping you from the workforce or how your quality of life has been affected by your disabilities. I know its tough, but you have to be the one to figure out how to articulate to VAC all those things.

There is no magic formula or connect the dots to DEC Artie. There is approximately 9500 ex service members who are deemed DEC. I have no idea the road everyone had to travel to get to that point, and it's not a victory really, because it means we are smashed, mentally unstable, some people are missing limbs. Legal troubles follow some, financial others. DEC means that everything that could be done by both the vet and VAC has been done to try and get the vet back into regular society and to improve veteran's life. Some vets take their lives, because no matter what the world is shit.  

It may have been eight weeks from the time my CM put in on my behalf for DEC until I heard the word. But it was almost a decade in the making. I know a few vets on this site personally, others know my real name, but have not met me, others know me solely through this site. It's been a fuck of a long road.
I thank you for all the input, my concern is if I just sit back and wait for outcomes and everything takes longer than apr 1, that some of the things I should have been entitled too will have disappeared, but because I have had run ins with VAC and their security department that they are in no rush to help me, l mean if you get switched CM s ,because ot issues, that new cm is aware of why you became their problem, as if they needed another file in their case load and treat you like shit, as a show of solidarity to the cm who you just left, i mean you can hear the resentment in the tone and words they use when talking to you on the phone,imo.

No worries Artie, I wish you all the best and I hope you get some satisfaction with VAC and get the assistance you need.

I want to be clear about how DEC works. For example a veteran could be 100% hearing loss resulting from an IED in a confined area. Let's just say that the vet was lucky enough to only have hearing loss and no other disabilities resulting from service..

Just because the veteran is 100% deaf, does not automatically qualify him or her for DEC. The disability must be interfering with the veterans ability to return to the workforce. One veteran may struggle immensely with the 100% hearing loss and their symptoms may prevent him or her from being able to earn at least 66 and 2/3% of the veterans gross monthly salary from when they served.

On the other hand, a different veteran at 100% hearing loss may not find his or her disability interferes much with their life. And they have adapted to civilian life without to much trouble.

So, this is why your %, percentage or another name for it is your medical impairment rating does not necessarily equate to DEC.

I hope this helps.

cheers

Bruce
thx, this helps immensely,

Last edited by Artie Simm on Sat 15 Dec 2018, 00:54; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Dec 2018, 07:00

Artie Simm wrote:
Bruce72 wrote:
Artie Simm wrote:
Bruce72 wrote:
Artie Simm wrote:So if you tell your CM you’d like to apply for DEC , and they say “ yeah sure”, where is the proof that they ever put forward the recommendation as you can’t track something like that on the my vac account, what’s a reasonable amount of time to pass before a vet should hear back from vac either positively or negatively.? Are there forms for your dr./ psychologist to fill , can you view them on line.?

There are forms for your therapist or doctor or both to fill out for DEC Artie, but they are not found online. The forms are mailed to your doctor and you go through them together. You have that right. As for checks and balances for your CM regarding whether or not they put in the paperwork, I personally never doubted it, because I never had reason to. I guess you just have to ask.

Decisions of DEC are not strictly made on your medical impairment rating. You must have a disability or disabilities that are creating a permanent barrier to reestablishing yourself in the workplace.
thx, what if you were all ready approved disabled by CPPD but , your claims with vac have not yet been actioned, though if they were the added % would be over 100%, whould that be enough reason to apply DEC.?

Artie, I would hesitate to give you direct advice regarding your question. I have no experience with CPPD I have never bothered with it. You are in a sense putting the cart before the horse. As I said there are a number of factors that are taken into consideration when VAC makes the decision to deem someone DEC or not. I'm not familiar with how it all works. But I do understand that DEC designations are not  based solely of your %. I can't say what is keeping you from the workforce or how your quality of life has been affected by your disabilities. I know its tough, but you have to be the one to figure out how to articulate to VAC all those things.

There is no magic formula or connect the dots to DEC Artie. There is approximately 9500 ex service members who are deemed DEC. I have no idea the road everyone had to travel to get to that point, and it's not a victory really, because it means we are smashed, mentally unstable, some people are missing limbs. Legal troubles follow some, financial others. DEC means that everything that could be done by both the vet and VAC has been done to try and get the vet back into regular society and to improve veteran's life. Some vets take their lives, because no matter what the world is shit.  

It may have been eight weeks from the time my CM put in on my behalf for DEC until I heard the word. But it was almost a decade in the making. I know a few vets on this site personally, others know my real name, but have not met me, others know me solely through this site. It's been a fuck of a long road.
I thank you for all the input, my concern is if I just sit back and wait for outcomes and everything takes longer than apr 1, that some of the things I should have been entitled too will have disappeared, but because I have had run ins with VAC and their security department that they are in no rush to help me, l mean if you get switched CM s ,because ot issues, that new cm is aware of why you became their problem, as if they needed another file in their case load and treat you like shit, as a show of solidarity to the cm who you just left, i mean you can hear the resentment in the tone and words they use when talking to you on the phone,imo.

No worries Artie, I wish you all the best and I hope you get some satisfaction with VAC and get the assistance you need.

I want to be clear about how DEC works. For example a veteran could be 100% hearing loss resulting from an IED in a confined area. Let's just say that the vet was lucky enough to only have hearing loss and no other disabilities resulting from service..

Just because the veteran is 100% deaf, does not automatically qualify him or her for DEC. The disability must be interfering with the veterans ability to return to the workforce. One veteran may struggle immensely with the 100% hearing loss and their symptoms may prevent him or her from being able to earn at least 66 and 2/3% of the veterans gross monthly salary from when they served.

On the other hand, a different veteran at 100% hearing loss may not find his or her disability interferes much with their life. And they have adapted to civilian life without to much trouble.

So, this is why your %, percentage or another name for it is your medical impairment rating does not necessarily equate to DEC.

I hope this helps.

cheers

Bruce

Last edited by Bruce72 on Fri 14 Dec 2018, 07:06; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2018, 21:01

Bruce72 wrote:
Artie Simm wrote:
Bruce72 wrote:

I thank you for all the input,

Last edited by Artie Simm on Sat 15 Dec 2018, 00:55; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2018, 19:23

Artie Simm wrote:
Bruce72 wrote:

Last edited by Bruce72 on Thu 13 Dec 2018, 19:28; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic Thu 13 Dec 2018, 19:13

Hey Artie Simm; Decisions for DEC are made on your medical impairment rating. You have to have a disability that is creating a permanent barrier to re-establishing yourself in the workplace for any occupation which pays at least 33% and 66% of your imputed earnings.
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2018, 17:56

Bruce72 wrote:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2018, 13:37

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Dec 2018, 13:02

So if you tell your CM you’d like to apply for DEC , and they say “ yeah sure”, where is the proof that they ever put forward the recommendation as you can’t track something like that on the my vac account, what’s a reasonable amount of time to pass before a vet should hear back from vac either positively or negatively.? Are there forms for your dr./ psychologist to fill , can you view them on line.?

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay Wed 12 Dec 2018, 20:20

I was granted 76% for PTSD under Pension act and my DEC is based on my PTSD as well. 

Cheers, 
By the Bay.
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 305
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 12 Dec 2018, 19:07

I'm at 66% for PTSD (NVC) and 32% (PA) for my feet and knees. My DEC is based on the PTSD.

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic Wed 12 Dec 2018, 18:46

I am currently at 36% for PTSD but I am also going through a reassessment which is sitting at 29 weeks. I also have a hearing disability at 23%. The DEC is based on the PTSD disability.
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by bulldozer Wed 12 Dec 2018, 18:11

im at 65% and was declared DEC this year and awaiting for reassessment this year or next year who knows .
bulldozer
bulldozer
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Wed 12 Dec 2018, 17:54

the lowest i seen someone that was dec was 35% but i know they had other claims afterwards approved.

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next