Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

earnings loss benefit overpaid

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

earnings loss benefit overpaid - Page 3 Empty Re: earnings loss benefit overpaid

Post by bigrex on Wed 12 Dec 2018, 15:15

No, you just have to have a severe disability. I was only at around 80% when I was approved DEC.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3907
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

earnings loss benefit overpaid - Page 3 Empty Re: earnings loss benefit overpaid

Post by Guest on Wed 12 Dec 2018, 14:43

bigrex wrote:I would wait until MoD at least submits their paperwork, just to be on the safe side. But speaking on personal experience, it can be applied for beforehand, because CM applied for the DEC determination, ELB, CIA and CIAS, all at once, during her first home visit, and everything was approved within several weeks.
so you have to be 100% in disability claims before suggesting to a cm to apply for DEC on your behalf?

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 on Wed 12 Dec 2018, 13:23

glad to hear hopefully it all works out keep us up to date.

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic on Wed 12 Dec 2018, 12:40

So my CM got in touch with me about the DEC designation and said that MoD recommended DEC and the next step is for my CM to represent my file to an internal VAC interdisciplinary committee which makes the final decision on designation. He indicated that there was strong evidence for the DEC designation and, therefore, the CIAS supplement. He will contact me next week to let me know how it goes and to set up a time to sign the CIAS application if I get the designation. Smile

XMedic
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 80
Registration date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic on Sat 08 Dec 2018, 17:40

Thanks everyone for your advice Smile much appreciated. xMedic

XMedic
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Sat 08 Dec 2018, 14:02

I would wait until MoD at least submits their paperwork, just to be on the safe side. But speaking on personal experience, it can be applied for beforehand, because CM applied for the DEC determination, ELB, CIA and CIAS, all at once, during her first home visit, and everything was approved within several weeks.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3907
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by czerv on Sat 08 Dec 2018, 13:53

This is all 'delay' tactics at VAC. My CM informed me that DEC was approved but did not tell me (nor did I have the clarity of mind to ask) to apply for CIAS. So, I waited for two weeks for the 'letter from VAC). I lost at least of two weeks worth of payment from CIAS.

czerv
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 282
Registration date : 2013-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 08 Dec 2018, 13:44

XMedic wrote:Thanks Teager.  Can I then apply for CIA review and CIAS just on the word of March of Dimes or should I wait for VAC to confirm this.  I just don't want to waste time waiting if I don't have too.

Yes, you need to wait until you have word from your case manager. Otherwise you may not be entered into the system yet and it may foul up your application. My DEC was effective November 23rd this year and I heard from my case manager on November 27th, four days later. I know the effective date from the paperwork I received regarding DEC after I spoke to my CM about it.

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic on Sat 08 Dec 2018, 12:50

Thanks Teager. Can I then apply for CIA review and CIAS just on the word of March of Dimes or should I wait for VAC to confirm this. I just don't want to waste time waiting if I don't have too.

XMedic
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager on Sat 08 Dec 2018, 12:20

You need to be DEC before you can apply for CIAS. You should also be DEC before the review unless you have other medical evidence that supports the criteria for a higher level. If March of Dimes says DEC VAC will give you the DEC.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic on Sat 08 Dec 2018, 11:14

Just a question...if the March of Dimes after completing your assessment recommends DEC for someone already getting the CIA, does VAC automatically approve the DEC designation for the veteran or can they decide not to approve it? Should I go ahead and apply for a CIA review and the CIA supplement or wait to hear from my CM? Thanks for any advice provided! XMedic Smile

XMedic
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat 08 Dec 2018, 08:51

AirLog wrote:Good for you on being approved DEC and hoping for the best with respect to an increase in CIA and being approved the Supplement. I was denied CIA on first application and on the review. I was just approved DEC so now I will be re-applying for CIA and the Supplement. I am not sure how they would deny me CIA and the Supplement now that I am DEC. Hoping for the best.

AirLog

You can't be denied the CIA supplemant. Only veterans deemed DEC are eligible for the supplement. However, for those who are unable to apply before April 1, 2019 will not be eligible. The supplement is being removed from the benefit stream, except for those grandfathered in.

You should also qualify for CIA as well, but I can't say which level. As of April 1, 2019 the CIA will become the Additional Pain and Suffering Compensation.

Last edited by Bruce72 on Sat 08 Dec 2018, 08:56; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar, info, grammar, info)

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog on Fri 07 Dec 2018, 18:50

Good for you on being approved DEC and hoping for the best with respect to an increase in CIA and being approved the Supplement. I was denied CIA on first application and on the review. I was just approved DEC so now I will be re-applying for CIA and the Supplement. I am not sure how they would deny me CIA and the Supplement now that I am DEC. Hoping for the best.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 18:44

AirLog wrote:Bruce72,

When you were deemed DEC you then applied for CIA and the Supplement, were you approved CIA and the supplement as a result of your DEC status?

AirLog

I was approved for CIA about 2 and a half years ago. I applied for a review of my CIA level and the supplement upon being deemed DEC.

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog on Thu 06 Dec 2018, 17:57

Bruce72,

When you were deemed DEC you then applied for CIA and the Supplement, were you approved CIA and the supplement as a result of your DEC status?

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum