Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

SISIP LTD Question

Go down

SISIP LTD Question Empty Re: SISIP LTD Question

Post by MikeCeeGB on Fri 29 Mar 2019, 14:14

Thanks for the insight. I still haven't heard back from SISIP WRT my 18 month assessment, but since then I have been deemed to have DEC. So, atleast that relieves some pressure.

MikeCeeGB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2018-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 24 Jan 2019, 03:50

He's never done a rehab program. He's on SISIP LTD till age 65. Anyway, I'll screen shot the info from here and send it to him.

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 on Thu 24 Jan 2019, 02:40

Bruce72, I think you might be referring to SISIP’s TD (Totally Disabled) designation for continued LTD to 65 not the same as VAC’s TPI/DEC designation but he should apply like we say. If however he was deemed TPI/DEC by VAC then he would have already at some time in the past have joined the VAC Rehab program (that triggers elb application ect) so he should have been topped up automatically like the rest of us duel clients.

Cheers
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 24 Jan 2019, 01:10

6608 wrote:Bruce72,Yes if he applies to the VAC rehab plan and meets the dec criteria he will be topped up to 90%. Of note is if he is on SISIP LTD for a health problem NOT resulting primarily from service he only has to march 31st to apply for ELB. Currently all medically released veterans are eligible for ELB whether or not your health problem is service related or not after April 1st only medically released  veterans with a service related disability are eligible for the IRB.

He was deemed totally and permanently incapacitated back when it was called that, so he'd meet the DEC threshold I think. But as for a VAC Rehab plan,there's a zero percent chance he'll do that, but I'll let him know.

Thanks

Cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by 6608 on Wed 23 Jan 2019, 22:49

Bruce72,Yes if he applies to the VAC rehab plan and meets the dec criteria he will be topped up to 90%. Of note is if he is on SISIP LTD for a health problem NOT resulting primarily from service he only has to march 31st to apply for ELB. Currently all medically released veterans are eligible for ELB whether or not your health problem is service related or not after April 1st only medically released  veterans with a service related disability are eligible for the IRB.

Cheers
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 333
Registration date : 2012-06-23

Back to top Go down

Post by propat on Wed 23 Jan 2019, 22:38

he should apply for ELB if successful he will be topped up .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2017-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed 23 Jan 2019, 22:12

Do SISIP LTD recipients receive a top up of 15% from VAC so they are in line with those who receive Extended Earnings Loss Benefits at 90%?

I have a buddy on SISIP LTD to age 65 and he only receives 75% of his gross pay.

Back to top Go down

Post by By the Bay on Sat 01 Dec 2018, 03:15

Hi MikeCeeGB, 

You are not classified as LTD because your doctor has not deemed you 'Totally and Permanently Disabled'. Therefore SISIP will not consider you for LTD until your doctor completes the annual doctor's portion Medical Questionnaire. 
In the questionnaire, your doctor must state that you can not work and that you are 'Totally and Permanently Disabled' in order to received LTD past the 2 year mark. Being severely impaired is not the same classification as 'Totally and Permanently Disabled' and without that description SISIP won't deem you LTD. 

Cheers, 
By the Bay
By the Bay
By the Bay
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2013-03-06

Back to top Go down

SISIP LTD Question Empty SISIP LTD Question

Post by MikeCeeGB on Sat 01 Dec 2018, 01:42

Today I got a letter for my one year review of SISIP LTD. It stated that while I have a disability, I am not totally disabled and my LTD will be ceased at the 24 month mark.
Background;

Was released 3b due to PTSD. Was award 10% initial assessment. My reassessment is underway.
Since I have released I have followed my rehab plan to the letter, attended all appointments and completed all paperwork and additional assessments.
All paperwork from my primary health care worker states I am severely impaired by my condition and unable to work or even take part in Voc rehab.

Does anyone have any insight on how SISIP makes these decisions? Should I wait to panic until my 18 month assessment? Will I lose my ELB from VAC?

This is all very confusing to me right now and would appreciate any info anyone has. I plan on calling on Monday but I’m an uptight guy and have a hard time waiting till monday

MikeCeeGB
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2018-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum