Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3b Medical Release 1996

3 posters

Go down

3b Medical Release 1996 Empty Re: 3b Medical Release 1996

Post by propat Mon 10 Dec 2018, 21:55

you are still good to apply for those benefits buds no matter what system you are under . like I said id be doing this ASAP.

good luck buds .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by smatlewis Sun 09 Dec 2018, 08:51

Hi Propat, thanks for your reply. I’ll look into those programs. I think they are on the NVC, I’m on the old VC. The one beef I have is that when you log into my VAC account and you go through the algorithm to see what you can apply for, I have experienced applying for programs the algorithm suggests only to find out its NVC programs. Why can’t they distinguish between the two. For me personally it’s extremely confusing, wish there was a blue book guide or something that says ok your 100% disabled this is what you qualify for whether it’s NVC or OVC. Thanks.

smatlewis
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2018-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Fri 07 Dec 2018, 17:07

hey smat that sucks however what you can do going forward is apply for ELB , CIA , CIAS and other benefits under the new system I would do this immediately before they disappear .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by smatlewis Fri 07 Dec 2018, 11:00

Thanks for your reply. A lot of things weren’t done, I guess I’m not the only one this has happened too. I hope things are better today for those releasing.

smatlewis
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 06 Dec 2018, 19:48

Unfortunately, SISIP LTD is not automatic. It still needs to be applied for, before release. If the release section failed to inform you of that fact, they screwed you out those benefits. As far as Manulife is concerned, if you missed the 24 month window, after your release, even through no fault of your own, they will refuse to pay it out later on. They are a private insurance company after all, and will do everything in their power from paying out more money than absolutely required.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

3b Medical Release 1996 Empty 3b Medical Release 1996

Post by smatlewis Thu 06 Dec 2018, 16:03

Hello to everyone, just found this wonderful resource. Great work. I was 3b Medical released in1996 and never received SISIP, I read in your forum that this was suppose to be automatic. Was unable to work for two years after release, found a job in 1998 and through the next few years was diagnosed with PTSD on top of my 3b release. Applied for VAC disability and received it in 2001. In 2005 I was physically and mentally unable to continue working and have since been declared totally disabled. Receiving 100% disability pension, and CPP but nothing from SISSIP even though I have sent them all my medical info. Has anyone ever experienced this? Can anyone offer any advice? Should I even bother?? Thanks in advance.

smatlewis
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down