Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sacroiliac joint

3 posters

Go down

Sacroiliac joint Empty Re: Sacroiliac joint

Post by Teentitan Wed 09 Jan 2019, 17:35

I have osteoarthritis which is a side effect of using prednisone which was the main drug I had to take for 6 years to get my sarcoidosis of the lungs under control.

The osteoarthritis is in both my knees and I have had a partial replacement in each knee. The doctors told me that research is showing certain drugs cause or complicate arthritis.

My CM called and told me that depending on the arthritis and relationship to existing conditions is adjudicated by different adjudicators or departments.

So what you need to ask your Doctor Dave is the epidemiology (cause) of your arthritis. If it is a drug that you had to take to treat your pensioned condition then inform your CM immediately and also ask the CM which department is adjudicating your application.

I know you are in the middle of the procedure but you can possibly add/alter the application thru your CM.
Teentitan
Teentitan
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3407
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 09 Jan 2019, 14:58

Ok, so it could be treated as a lumbar Arthritis claim, or maybe a Hip Arthritis, depending on the symptoms, comparing both charts. The assessment level, if approved, would depend on RoM, duration and extent of the pain, as well as how responsive it is to different treatments.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by daverobitaille@rogers.com Wed 09 Jan 2019, 13:42

The claim is under left hip sacroiliac issues.

daverobitaille@rogers.com
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2018-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by daverobitaille@rogers.com Wed 09 Jan 2019, 13:41

It is Osteoarthritis/ arthritis. It is daily back pain. My joint does not move the way it is supposed to. The pain started while serving and was well documented in my service record. They at first gave me 16% for lumbar disk causing sciatica. Then they wanted me to go to a chronic pain clinic and the DR found this second issue with my joint explaining my daily pain. All related to lower back pain.

CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 09 Jan 2019, 13:25

What exactly is the diagonosis? If all you put was "Sacroiliac joint", it's going to be denied. VAC needs a confirmed diagnosis first, like Osteoarthritis, and then the effects on the particular body part, is secondary.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Sacroiliac joint Empty Sacroiliac joint

Post by daverobitaille@rogers.com Wed 09 Jan 2019, 12:23

Any one here can share if you ever put in a claim for Sacroiliac joint before? I put one in after mu case manager suggested it in September and still sitting at Step 2. Just wondering if anyone put in a similar claim before and how did it go? Thanks!

CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down