Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019

+30
skidsteer
Newfie
puddleduk2
cdnnavy77
Ppclicaper
Tilap61
Teentitan
Unknown Soldier
LAD
Peace
XMedic
doomed78
Rustytheviking
exarmyguy
Kramer
Teager
sailor964
johnny211
By the Bay
Supremedebater
bosn181
SIGS PIGS
Gunner8
propat
Vet1234
AirLog
bigrex
Rifleman
cosmo12
34 posters

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019 - Page 7 Empty Re: SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019

Post by bosn181 Mon 09 Sep 2019, 13:01

i was deemed TPI which is now DEC for over 11 years and was ELB from day i got out.  so as far as i can see i should be seeing something with this SRB i was lucky they did not try to drag out making me TPI or DEC i know some have been on ELB for many many years and they did not get informed by there CM to be deemed TPI or DEC so once again it will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019 - Page 7 Empty Re: SUPPLEMENTARY RETIREMENT BENEFIT - LUMP SUM - 1 APRIL 2019

Post by Unknown Soldier Sun 08 Sep 2019, 22:45

bosn181 wrote:i have been on elb for almost 11 years and i got a long way to go before 65 will be interesting to see how all this will play out.
11 years and your Cm never considered you for DEC.?...when it existed
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by LAD Sun 08 Sep 2019, 21:52

Any updates on the SRB payout? Do we know if anyone has received payment yet? Is it going to paid out by piece meal going through individual files or paid out to everyone all at the same time?

LAD
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2019-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Sat 31 Aug 2019, 13:41

Steelgunner wrote:

Went to that link, don’t like this statement from VAC

“The Supplementary Retirement Benefit payouts will begin in late September 2019. We expect the majority of payments to be completed by the end of 2019.”

My luck it will be the end of 2019, VAC is fucking terrible at good service.  Backlogs forever, constant changing the system to create more delays.  Paid bonuses for senior managers that give sub par service is a joke.  3 Tier system for one type of Veteran.  PA Vets receive 40% more. Check my links out and don’t bullshit me Older PA Vets. I joined a PA Vet and went out as a NVC Vet with a sprinkle of Pension for Life.  ( Pension from Lairs ). The future full Pension for Life vets are going to be not happy if they read my links.

Please read links fully and you will see that both the Liberals and Cons have being ripping off the Veterans since 2006

https://www.pbo-dpb.gc.ca/web/default/files/Documents/Reports/2019/Veterans%20Benefits/Veterans_Benefits_EN.pdf

https://www.benefitscanada.com/news/veterans-affairs-skipped-normal-consultations-regarding-new-pensions-for-life-program-123787

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4468956
l never did understand the reasoning for taking away the part of the pension that pays an injured vet a little extra if they are married with kids, I mean I get that the obvious reason is cost saving, but after 06 a vet married with 4 kids gets his arms blown off, the compensation just doesn’t add up to a similar vet hurt prior to 06, shame,shame,shame VAC
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 31 Aug 2019, 13:09

Went to that link, don’t like this statement from VAC

“The Supplementary Retirement Benefit payouts will begin in late September 2019. We expect the majority of payments to be completed by the end of 2019.”

My luck it will be the end of 2019, VAC is fucking terrible at good service.  Backlogs forever, constant changing the system to create more delays.  Paid bonuses for senior managers that give sub par service is a joke.  3 Tier system for one type of Veteran.  PA Vets receive 40% more. Check my links out and don’t bullshit me Older PA Vets. I joined a PA Vet and went out as a NVC Vet with a sprinkle of Pension for Life.  ( Pension from Lairs ). The future full Pension for Life vets are going to be not happy if they read my links.

Please read links fully and you will see that both the Liberals and Cons have being ripping off the Veterans since 2006

https://www.pbo-dpb.gc.ca/web/default/files/Documents/Reports/2019/Veterans%20Benefits/Veterans_Benefits_EN.pdf

https://www.benefitscanada.com/news/veterans-affairs-skipped-normal-consultations-regarding-new-pensions-for-life-program-123787

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4468956

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmo12 Sat 31 Aug 2019, 11:15

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Kramer Fri 16 Aug 2019, 19:00

Cosmo,

Thanks for all your efforts.....appreciated.

Well? Nice to see you got it filed under the proper Topic Heading
Kramer
Kramer
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 670
Registration date : 2015-03-19

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmo12 Tue 13 Aug 2019, 12:27

Good day all;

This is the latest from Veteran Affairs

Thank you for your question. We continue to work on the Supplementary Retirement Benefit payout. We will be issuing letters and payments starting in late September. We will be sharing updates on social media, our website and through our front-line staff in the coming weeks

have a great day guys.

Cosmo

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Wed 31 Jul 2019, 18:22

At what point did I miss where the SRB turned into a discussion about the IRB and CIAS?

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2016-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 31 Jul 2019, 16:02

That is a disingenuous argument though. because it's !% per year, based on your IRB total amount. So even if your IRB amount was $100000/year, a 1% increase would only equate to $100/mo, compared to $1200/mo you get from the CIAS. So I do not believe that the 1% career progression calculations , could ever surpass the CIAS amount. Necasue most Veteran who are approaching $100K a year, are mostly likely close to, or beyond, the 20 years of service cutoff for the 1% increases.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Tue 30 Jul 2019, 14:35

If you are getting CIAS and have the less than 20 years you still receive the 1% except they calculate it separately so that you can only receive whichever one is higher. You can't get both CIAS and the 1% increase. If you are getting CIAS this is shown in one of the letters they sent out. I assume that if the 1% increase somehow outpaced your amount of CIAS then you would flip to whichever remains higher in the future.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 30 Jul 2019, 09:09

Question translated

I have another question..
The 1% for career progression losses on income replacement.
It is new since the 1st of April 2019 ....
The 1% is effective for everyone ??
I have financial benefits from ACC for several years, is this good for me ??
If so, will the income replacement be indexed to all January 1 of each year ??
Thanks for the answers.
Good day to you.

Answer

See, it all depends on how many years you served, and how long you've been out of the Forces. I don't even know if there are going to be retroactive increases, because it effectively replaces the CIAS. So it may only apply to those Veterans who are medically released after April 1st, 2019, giving them the extra 1%, until they reach what would have been their the 20 years of service.

Answer translated

Vous voyez, tout dépend du nombre d'années de service et du temps que vous avez quitté les Forces. Je ne sais même pas s'il y aura des augmentations rétroactives, car elles remplaceraient effectivement le CIAS. Il ne peut donc s'appliquer qu'aux vétérans libérés pour des raisons médicales après le 1er avril 2019, en leur donnant le 1% supplémentaire, jusqu'à ce qu'ils aient atteint leurs 20 ans de service.

If there are any French speaking members who may be able to better translate it, please feel free.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Peace Tue 30 Jul 2019, 08:22

Bigrex,
J'ai une autre question..
Le 1% pour pertes de progression de carrière sur le remplacement de revenu.
Il est nouveau depuis le 1er Avril 2019....
Le 1% est effectif pour tout le monde??
J'ai des avantages financiers de ACC depuis plusieurs années, est ce bon pour moi??
Si oui, le remplacement de revenu sera indexé à tout les 1er Janvier de chaque année??
Merci pour les réponses.
Bonne journée à vous.

Peace
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2019-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Supremedebater Mon 29 Jul 2019, 11:38

Hurry up and wait! Don’t understand why the delay anyway. I’m curious of one thing though, will it have interest applied going back. Vac=gaggle f*ck

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2016-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Peace Mon 29 Jul 2019, 08:24

Je trouve quand même ça malheureux qu' on est pas plus de renseignements....
On est jamais certain de rien avec le ministère...
Je suis sur ELB depuis le 15 OCTOBRE 2006,
Déclaré DEC en 2016..
À combien je peux m'attendre de recevoir environ??
Merci beaucoup pour les informations!
Prenez soin de vous.

Peace
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2019-04-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 21 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14 ... 21  Next