Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Srb being eliminated

+16
derngt
cdnnavy77
Gunner8
vaincre
LAD
SIGS PIGS
cosmo12
Teager
johnny211
Tilap61
Cctchevy18
Armygunner
daverobitaille@rogers.com
Vet1234
bigrex
Rustytheviking
20 posters

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Srb being eliminated  - Page 4 Empty Re: Srb being eliminated

Post by johnny211 Mon 26 Aug 2019, 05:11

Unknown Soldier - The only time I ever heard Vac threatened to cut off benefits was if a Vet stopped going to appts, pscy, physcio, etc. I belong to a gp of a Vets all with ptsd, and never heard one say Vac will cut us off if not cured. There must be something missing fm that story.
I think the end of vac,s rd before a Vet is determined DEC, is different in every case. Most I know have been around the 2-3 yr mark. For me it was about 2. Went on Voc Rehab, back to College for a Yr, which was a struggle mentally. Then got a great job, but about 6 mths later, I realized my ptsd issues, mainly memory and concentration, anxiety, where not getting better. So in conjunction with my pscy and CM, it was determined about 6 mths later that I am DEC.
But that was 5 yrs ago, things may have changed.
Johnny Out..VVV..
johnny211
johnny211
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 818
Registration date : 2014-12-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Sun 25 Aug 2019, 22:56

bigrex wrote:
Unknown Soldier wrote:
bigrex wrote:Gunner, it should be based on the ELB from 2013. It's technically only tied to DEC, because it was meant to compensate Veterans who had been on ELB for a long time, and unable to contribute to a retirement fund. I just don't think they ever intended for a Veteran to get ELB for longer than 2 or 3 years, without being deemed DEC.
forgive me for not knowing but what circumstances would have a veteran on Elb for 3+ years and yet, vac didnt determine them to have a DEC?
You can get ELB while participating in any type of rehab program. So if a Veteran is undergoing treatment for something like PTSD, it could involve weekly sessions with a psychologist, or group therapy, for years. The purpose of the rehab program, is to eventually get the Veteran back into the workforce, if possible. So they're not going to write off a Veteran, from ever earning gainful employment, until they've exhausted all available options.
that poses an interesting question, how long is long enough for VAC to determine that a person has reached the end of the road in mental health.? I recently spoke with one female veteran who was told by VAC that it was time to see a new psychologist because the one she was seeing didn’t seem to be “ curing her of PTSD”, in so far as they told her that if she didn’t switch Dr.s her benefits would be cut off.
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 606
Registration date : 2019-05-15

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sat 24 Aug 2019, 22:28

Unknown Soldier wrote:
bigrex wrote:Gunner, it should be based on the ELB from 2013. It's technically only tied to DEC, because it was meant to compensate Veterans who had been on ELB for a long time, and unable to contribute to a retirement fund. I just don't think they ever intended for a Veteran to get ELB for longer than 2 or 3 years, without being deemed DEC.
forgive me for not knowing but what circumstances would have a veteran on Elb for 3+ years and yet, vac didnt determine them to have a DEC?
You can get ELB while participating in any type of rehab program. So if a Veteran is undergoing treatment for something like PTSD, it could involve weekly sessions with a psychologist, or group therapy, for years. The purpose of the rehab program, is to eventually get the Veteran back into the workforce, if possible. So they're not going to write off a Veteran, from ever earning gainful employment, until they've exhausted all available options.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Teager Sat 24 Aug 2019, 10:51

If you don't or didn't have DEC then you won't be eligible.

Teager
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2016-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Fri 23 Aug 2019, 20:54

Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 23 Aug 2019, 09:29

Gunner, it should be based on the ELB from 2013. It's technically only tied to DEC, because it was meant to compensate Veterans who had been on ELB for a long time, and unable to contribute to a retirement fund. I just don't think they ever intended for a Veteran to get ELB for longer than 2 or 3 years, without being deemed DEC.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Srb being eliminated  - Page 4 Empty What does this mean?

Post by LAD Fri 23 Aug 2019, 02:27

I sent a message through My DVA regarding SRB payout. This is the response and not sure what it all means actually. Any input appreciated. TIA

After reviewing your file, as you receive the earnings loss benefit
(Now Income Replacement Benefit) and were determined to have
DEC. This leaves you eligible/entitled to the Supplementary Retirement
Benefit that is being processed this September, 2019. You can
expect to receive a letter which will provide the payment details
regarding your claim. The letter will be sent out when they have
reached your specific file for the Benefit. I hope this helps
clarify.

LAD
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2019-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunner8 Thu 22 Aug 2019, 17:38

I’ve been on ELB since 2013, until it changed to IRB in April. I was approved for DEC in March. Will I get this srb? If so will it be from 2013 or just March? Thanks

Gunner

Gunner8
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2018-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by cosmo12 Thu 22 Aug 2019, 17:28

Thanks Vaincre

Cosmo

cosmo12
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 169
Registration date : 2013-10-23

Back to top Go down

Post by vaincre Thu 22 Aug 2019, 12:46

you are bigrex and cosmo12 you are very efficient thank you

vaincre
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2016-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Thu 22 Aug 2019, 12:32

The SRB, is calculated on the full amount of ELB a Veteran would be entitled if they did not have deductions, like CF pension, CPP(D), SISIP.

So if they say that your Imputed income was $5000/mo, the 90% ELB would be calculated $4500/mo. So even if your actual monthly ELB payment was $0, because of all the deductions, the SRB payout would still be calculated based on the $4500/mo
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by vaincre Thu 22 Aug 2019, 11:44

reference the srb when we talk about deduction does this include thank you

vaincre
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2016-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 21 Aug 2019, 22:25

ELB and CIAS (If you were getting it) were merged into the IRB (Income Replacement Benefit). Veterans are only eligible to receive the SRB, if they were deemed TPI/DEC, and had been approved for ELB until they turned 65.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Unknown Soldier Wed 21 Aug 2019, 21:14

LAD wrote:Thank you for the link Unknown Soldier. How would I know if I am part of the payout if that is what it is. I was on ELB previously and it switched to the new program I understand to be Pain and Suffering is that what it is called ? or is it called Pension for life? Really confused and I know I should be more informed admittedly.
I’m not really up on it myself, I try and pick out of it what I can here , I’ve only been on ELB a year, so I’m not even expecting 50 bucks, it pertains more to those who have been on ELB a decade or so, from my understanding
Unknown Soldier
Unknown Soldier
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LAD Wed 21 Aug 2019, 19:45

Thank you for the link Unknown Soldier. How would I know if I am part of the payout if that is what it is. I was on ELB previously and it switched to the new program I understand to be Pain and Suffering is that what it is called ? or is it called Pension for life? Really confused and I know I should be more informed admittedly.

LAD
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2019-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next