Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Case Management

Go down

Case Management Empty Re: Case Management

Post by propat on Sat 02 Feb 2019, 12:34

ya im thinking they are using "rehab program " as a specific terminology . not sure mind you . just from what ive seen from myself and others .

it seems to me you start with a rehab plan . for a time rehab can and does at time get adjusted ; add this witch may help , take away this witch doesn't and replace this with that and what not . not sure if this coincides due to a DEC declaration just by happenstance for a rehab plan that never gets adjusted or not but I was not removed from " the program " for a year and a half after DEC was received . now after my " program " was ended I still carried on with my rehab as nothing changed and do till this day .

the one change I did notice is when " the program " ended I was moved from ELB to EELB .

just my to cents

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 309
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by XMedic on Wed 30 Jan 2019, 12:08

Thanks guys for your advice...much appreciated Smile
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog on Tue 29 Jan 2019, 22:16

Very true Bigrex. Treatment still ongoing but now through guided support. I am still following all medical, massage therapy, etc but any questions/concerns or new treatment, etc I simply go through guided support. I haven't actually started guided support as my CM hasn't finalized all the staff work to have me placed on guided support so she is still my primary point of contact. I expect within a month or so I will receive a message or a letter outlining what all entails guided support and what it means to be DEC. Still haven't received the DEC letter but DEC has been approved along with CIA (grade 3) and the Supplement.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex on Tue 29 Jan 2019, 22:04

Technically, your CM is not 100% correct. If you are deemed DEC, they do cancel your case management, and any Voc rehab, that may have been planned, but you are still able to receive treatment under the rehab program.  I started the rehab program, and was deemed DEC in 2012, and went to a psychologist for years, and even went to a chirpractor, just last year, as part of my rehab program. It used to be much clearer to see it, on the MyVAC account, before they changed the whole Benefits page.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 3988
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by AirLog on Tue 29 Jan 2019, 21:08

XMedic,

I was declared DEC in December 2018 and my CM (extremely profession, and good person) informed me that now that I am DEC, my rehab program will be terminated along with her CM services. She did offer me what is called "Guided Support" where if I have a concern I can simply call VAC or message them with my concern and there will be someone available to assist me. Not quite CM support but more than simply calling VAC. Guided Support is 100% voluntary so you don't have to participate if you don't want to. In my case I did volunteer because my philosophy is accept any form of support that is offered. This has helped me immensely in my recovery and way ahead.

AirLog

AirLog
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 173
Registration date : 2017-11-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue 29 Jan 2019, 13:31

XMedic wrote:I have read in the forum that once you are designated DEC you lose your case manager and can no longer participate in rehabilitation.  Is this true?  I commenced treatment for my ptsd nine months ago and want to continue.  Is this possible if you are not in a rehab plan?  Thanks for any advice.
I`m not DEC but from a friend who is, said, yes you lose your CM, but there is supposed to be this "On call CM" that is not assigned to you specifically but is supposed to help out with your concerns. Perhaps someone here actually DEC has better info.

Back to top Go down

Case Management Empty Case Management

Post by XMedic on Tue 29 Jan 2019, 13:05

I have read in the forum that once you are designated DEC you lose your case manager and can no longer participate in rehabilitation. Is this true? I commenced treatment for my ptsd nine months ago and want to continue. Is this possible if you are not in a rehab plan? Thanks for any advice.
XMedic
XMedic
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2018-04-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down