Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PFL Lump Sum

+8
johnny211
AirLog
Rifleman
sports1977
bigrex
Armygunner
EZRider
Supremedebater
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

PFL Lump Sum - Page 2 Empty Re: PFL Lump Sum

Post by bigrex Tue 05 Feb 2019, 12:56

LG6, it's because the vast majority of older veterans are not affected by all these changes, so organizations that represent them, like the legion, do not care. And the younger Veterans, who do not feel welcomed into those established groups, so they tend to seek support online, but because we do not have a clubhouse, or charge membership fees, we are not given the respect by VAC and the GoC we deserve.

As far as donations to Sean, are concerned, He has probably received far more, from his past lawsuits, than most veterans have received as compensation for their injuries, so it's not fair to expect Veterans who may be living pay cheque to pay cheque, to donate money for a lawsuit that hasn't even been filed with the federal courts yet.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by sports1977 Tue 05 Feb 2019, 08:05

Hello,

I was advised this only take affect on the Decision Date. So if you Decision is after 1st April you will have the choice to take a lump Sum or not, from what my CM advised me.

sports1977
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2018-01-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Feb 2019, 06:58

The REAL problem is  for example: 1.Mike Blais cant get people to write the Prime Minister. (he BEGS us monthly and has for 10 years) 2. Multiple  Veterans groups are full of curious onlookers doing nothing. 3.Sean Bruyea cant raise enough funds to battle Ottawa. (Go fund me in 4 months has raised less than 6 grand)
Only a small amount, likely less than 120 out of 500000 veterans are willing to support the cause with even a small donation to Sean, or a brief email to the prime minister or a real meaningful action in your community.
Why!

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Mon 04 Feb 2019, 20:33

To me, the big difference between Veterans injured between 2006 and 2019,and those after April,  is that we were never really given the option, of how we received our payments. I'm sure most Veterans would accept their PFL amounts, if they weren't being reduced to insulting levels, or even if the full PFL amounts weren't already roughly 1/3rd of amounts paid under the Pension Act.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Armygunner Mon 04 Feb 2019, 19:42

If you read the legislation on the PFL; you will come across a paragraph that states something like " that if the lump sum is chosen after 1 April 2019 it can't exceed the max amount for the % awarded". So say a vet gets awarded 50% on 2 April 2019 under the new PFL; the vet will have a choice between a monthly PFL at $575 per month for life or $187k ish Lump sum. Now you can see why we are not getting another Lump sum payment for us vets that received a LS before 1 April 19.

Armygunner
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2016-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by EZRider Mon 04 Feb 2019, 17:27

Doesn’t involve me but I see your point and it’s quite valid. Should be an option at the least.

EZRider
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 117
Registration date : 2013-07-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Feb 2019, 17:00

I'm sure many have contacted their MP to voice their concerns.

Back to top Go down

PFL Lump Sum - Page 2 Empty PFL Lump Sum

Post by Supremedebater Mon 04 Feb 2019, 16:43

So has anyone out there been provided good reasons as to why Vac is not allowing the new PFL to be taken as a lump sum? Has anyone asked them how they can give a lump sum from 2006 to 2019 then say no lump sum for the pfl but if a Veterna submits a new claim after April 1 2019 they can take the lump sum on a new claim.

Why hasn't anyone challenged them on this? They're saying the Veterans affected between 2006-April 1 2019 can only accept a monthly amount for the pfl?

HELLO? AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO THINKS THIS IS A VIOLATION AND DISCRIMINATION?

They are discriminating all veterans subject to the NVC that they created, yet taking things away that we should have equal rights to obtain it monthly or in a lump sum form.

LIKE COME ON PEOPLE, THIS IS BAD! THEY ARE ONLY ALLOWING MONTHLY BECUASE THEY KNOW MOST VETS ARE DAMAGED AND WONT LIVE LONG ENOUGH TO COLLECT TO A RIPE OLD AGE. Christ sakes...this bad news when I see this happening. They're taking rights away here. And ONCE AGAIN, THEYRE THINKING OF THE MIGHTY DOLLAR. $130,000,000+ and they're worried about money? Come on folks, do not stand for them dictating to us. Call the 1-866-522-2122 and tell them your not happy about it and that you will b seeking a lawyers advice.

So because its the Government of Canada they get away with delivering a program that is once again not equal nor fair and they get away with it?
WOW!

Supreme out

Supremedebater
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2016-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2