Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favourable VRAB decision

3 posters

Go down

Favourable VRAB decision Empty Re: Favourable VRAB decision

Post by Guest Sun 28 Apr 2019, 05:28

bigrex wrote:Yes, the increase would be backdated to the date the appeal was requested, up to a maximum of 3 years, unless there are special circumstances.
Decisions start to finish didn't take very long under the PA, IMO elb and rehab they thought would be cheaper, i don't think so it cost more in salaries and pensions for vac worker's and work force doubled maybe trippled.
Clear cut case of rob peter to pay paul IMO.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 28 Apr 2019, 04:00

Yes, the increase would be backdated to the date the appeal was requested, up to a maximum of 3 years, unless there are special circumstances.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Apr 2019, 23:53

bigrex wrote:Well, they will need to send you a letter, and a form to decide how you want the money to be paid out. That's where things get sticky, because the form to request a PFL pension, or a Lump Sum Award, may not even exist yet. And even if it did, the monthly payment wouldn't be able to start until next month, after the coming into force date. Plus I don't know if they will be able to backdate it, to the approval date, because the PFL doesn't officially exist yet. So many questions, and very few substantial answers.
if someone gets a favourable vrab decision, let’s say you don’t get an answer for 8 weeks after your board, let’s say the board has agreed to raise a veterans disability % from. 5 to 10 % and this is on the PA system. That would mean that monthly that vet would now start getting a10% payment off the old disability chart, but what about the 8 weeks it took for the vrab board to cone to a conclusion, is there back pay for that .?

Back to top Go down

Post by umbrella001 Fri 05 Apr 2019, 07:40

Thought I’d give an update...still waiting lol. I did get a letter from VAC 2 April, it was the same election form as pre-NVC. Now I wait for someone to get around to pressing the button I guess. Not sure if this has impacted PFL because my account still has no amount listed for that even though I did receive the estimate paperwork in January.

umbrella001
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2017-07-22

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 10 Mar 2019, 22:16

Well, they will need to send you a letter, and a form to decide how you want the money to be paid out. That's where things get sticky, because the form to request a PFL pension, or a Lump Sum Award, may not even exist yet. And even if it did, the monthly payment wouldn't be able to start until next month, after the coming into force date. Plus I don't know if they will be able to backdate it, to the approval date, because the PFL doesn't officially exist yet. So many questions, and very few substantial answers.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by umbrella001 Sun 10 Mar 2019, 21:02

Im not too worried about the wait, was more curious about the process and how the decision gets communicated etc.

umbrella001
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Sun 10 Mar 2019, 17:39

Honestly, I would not be surprised if you have to wait a few weeks, before you get anything from VAC. Because right now, VAC is gearing up for the PFL to be enacted, and likely have a heavy workload already, trying to figure out the PFL pensions for past awards, let alone new ones.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by umbrella001 Sun 10 Mar 2019, 15:50

Yes definitely good news. This was an appeal to get a higher percentage (previously approved claim from VAC).

umbrella001
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Mar 2019, 14:44

Congrats on a successful decision!!!!!!

We need more good news like this.

Back to top Go down

Post by sports1977 Sun 10 Mar 2019, 13:44

you will get a Decision letter, was this to get approved on a claim, or was it to get a higher Percentage.

sports1977
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2018-01-22

Back to top Go down

Favourable VRAB decision Empty Favourable VRAB decision

Post by umbrella001 Sun 10 Mar 2019, 11:40

Does anyone know what happens when you have a favourable VRAB decision? I see the statement claim with the decision in the my vac inbox but I am wondering what happens now, does VAC automatically process it or will they send a letter asking if you want a lump sum or payments like they do on initial decisions.

umbrella001
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down