Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

VAC 40,000 backlog - Bonuses for Poor Service?

5 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

VAC 40,000 backlog - Bonuses for Poor Service? Empty Liberal back log increasing

Post by Guest Wed 18 Mar 2020, 20:27

Backlogs are still increasing what’s wrong with the liberal government?  6 years ago they ran on, “we will honour the veteran and make sure the backlog is addressed.”

BS and more BS

44K of backlogs and still climbing.

POS Trudeau speaks and says one thing then does something totally different.  Is VAC senior management still get a yearly bonus  for a failed department.

Back to top Go down

VAC 40,000 backlog - Bonuses for Poor Service? Empty Re: VAC 40,000 backlog - Bonuses for Poor Service?

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2019, 13:36

We all need motivation. Thanks for trying "Guest". But this says it all!

SUDBURY—The chief executive officer of the Manitoulin-North Shore War Pensioners of Canada (WPC) is perplexed as to why the federal government didn’t garner more input from veterans before making changes in laws to enact its new Pension for Life program.

“I shake my head as to why the government of Canada will not pay more attention to the input of veterans before making changes in law to enact a new Pension for Life Program, which will come into effect on April 1, 2019, April Fool’s Day,” stated Colin Pick.

“As stated in a Globe and Mail article (January 2, 2019), it’s a systematic attack upon veterans’ rights to be denied the chance to participate in the very democracy that they were willing to die to defend,” said Mr. Pick, quoting Sean Bruyea, a veterans’ rights advocate. Mr. Bruyea is in the process of suing then-Veterans Affairs Minister Seamus O’Regan for defamation of character, as a result of comments made in response to his criticism of the Pension for Life Program, explained Mr. Pick.

“The problems stem from government actions portraying the same old story that whatever the government does for the veterans, it turns out to be more about saving the government money on the backs of the veterans, instead of genuinely improving the financial lot for Canada’s most seriously disabled veterans. Once again, the new proposals fall far short of ensuring financial stability, equality or some semblance of fairness between different generations of veterans for the remainder of their lives,” continued Mr. Pick.

He said, “in the words of retired Major Mark Campbell, who lost both legs in Afghanistan, this validates and vindicates everything we are trying to do. Meaning, trying to bring back the previous disability pension afforded to veterans prior to 2006, under the old pension act, then when the problematic components of the New Veterans Charter came into effect, this was another cost savings measure on the backs of the veterans.”

The Globe and Mail reported on February 21, 2019, that most disabled veterans will receive more financial support under the federal government’s new pension program, though some of the most severely impaired will lose out on hundreds of thousands of dollars, according to a new report.

The parliamentary budget officer (PBO) study also concluded that the benefits promised by the soon-to-be-implemented Pension for Life program will be less than what veterans would have reaped in a previous disability pension program scrapped in 2006.

In its report released Thursday, the PBO found that all current recipients of disability benefits will receive an “equal or greater amount” of funding in the Liberals’ Pension for Life regime, set to go into effect on April 1.

But it warned that three percent of new veteran entrants would have received around $300,000 more in financial support from the existing program, in part because of the elimination of a supplement for “veterans with severe and permanent impairment and diminished earning capacities.”

Known as the Career Impact Allowance Supplement, it offered more than $21,000 to the most severely affected veterans in 2017. While current recipients can continue to access the supplement, it will not be available to new applicants, the PBO study notes.

Relying on data from Veterans’ Affairs, the PBO predicted the costs to government for the existing cohort of beneficiaries and projected new applicants over 2019 and 2023. It found that the pre-2006 program, instituted in the Pension Act, would be the most generous for the veterans and also most expensive for the federal government, projecting Ottawa would need to cough up $40 million to cover those costs.

That program offered regular pension payments for disabled veterans while the New Veterans Charter in 2006 largely replaced those with lump-sum payments that topped out at $365,400, according to reporting by the Globe and Mail. Critics argued that this was far less than what veterans would have received in the pre-2006 program.

The PBO determined that the Liberals’ new package was “slightly more generous” than the Veteran Well-Being Act regime introduced in 2006. According to the PBO, the government would have to pay $22 billion under the existing system in veterans pensions and $25 billion under the new Pension for Life program.

“The bottom line being that the pre-2006 old pension act paid out 1.5 times more over the lifetime of a veteran some 13 years ago than it does now,” said Mr. Pick. “Now as we approach the third attempt at a Pension for Life overhaul, this government still cannot get it right because when these changes come into place on April 1, 2019, some of the seriously disabled veterans are going to get less than before because the government has dropped the supplementary benefit designed to compensate for those seriously disabled veterans who are no longer able to work because of their injuries. This is nothing short of another kick in the teeth for veterans, which is absolutely wrong on moral grounds and equality for all veterans’ pensions.”

Back to top Go down

VAC 40,000 backlog - Bonuses for Poor Service? Empty Re: VAC 40,000 backlog - Bonuses for Poor Service?

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2019, 15:25

Steelgunner wrote:Thanks Propat, Bigrex, Bruce for your support and others. (Bruce you have the best colourful replies, smile!)

On a side note, this guest got me stired up and this is the result that’s been in the making for months.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/veterans-inquiry-1.5053228

Also on another point, how does one delete his own account to become a guest?  I am not deleting my account but this guest was making post as AZhot at one moment then became guest.  In the past you need admin to delete you.  So is this guest an ADMIN person proving this is VAC sponsored web site to bait Veteran’s?   Not being paranoid, but I found this guest post in this thread so absurd, how can you defend or argue the point of backlogs in the system is so unreal and heads need to roll.  That was the point of this thread when I started it.  But it turned into something else.

I'll support any veteran Steelgunner, even Gonzo the Guest. But what I won't do is allow someone to speak on behalf of 750,000 veterans, I won't allow them to make vague comments of support, with nothing to show for it and I won't allow someone to come on CSAT and to talk up the support from past and present governments. The proof in disparity between the PA the NVC and PFL have been highlighted by the PBO's office and the veteran community at large.

Maybe I'm a bit harsh and verbose, but I wany my message heard loud and clear. "Don't fuck with the veteran community". There are many vulnerable vets out there, and the last thing they need is some shithead talking up how 90% of vets have it good. That is fucked logic and I'll have none of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zodiac Wed 13 Mar 2019, 14:59

The "guest" sounds like my CM.

Zodiac
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2019-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Wed 13 Mar 2019, 11:01

Actually Sleeping dog, those numbers are under valuated, because it doesn't take COLA into consideration. After 5 years, of of exactly 2% increases, the PFL will be around $1270, but the PA pension would increase to $3153. So over the same time period, one increases by $120, while the other increased by close to $300, per month. Now Imagine the disparity between the two, after 50 years. Plus, those Veterans getting the PA pension, are entitled to pretty much all the same benefits that the PFL Veterans are (APSC and IRB).
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2019, 10:25

Thanks Propat, Bigrex, Bruce for your support and others. (Bruce you have the best colourful replies, smile!)

On a side note, this guest got me stired up and this is the result that’s been in the making for months.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/veterans-inquiry-1.5053228

Also on another point, how does one delete his own account to become a guest?  I am not deleting my account but this guest was making post as AZhot at one moment then became guest.  In the past you need admin to delete you.  So is this guest an ADMIN person proving this is VAC sponsored web site to bait Veteran’s?   Not being paranoid, but I found this guest post in this thread so absurd, how can you defend or argue the point of backlogs in the system is so unreal and heads need to roll.  That was the point of this thread when I started it.  But it turned into something else.

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Wed 13 Mar 2019, 09:54

and there ya go not only FACTS that you can independently verify these good people laid them out on a silver platter for ya. read them then verify . or do as you have been doing ignore actual facts and spew your lies .

now I just want to add to steelgunners comments a touch .

yes all very true but given the fact we have two different systems now and soon three .

I believe it should be noted that todays PA vets are roughly on par with these other countries give or take .

I don't think comparing Canadian vets benefits to other countries is very helpful but responding to lies about it is very warranted in fact necessary .

however comparing benefits for one Canadian vets program to another Canadian vet program goes directly to the point .

so by adding that little notation ya can see PA vets are roughly on par with these other countries while NVC vets and soon PFL vets well not even close .

great stuff guys keep up the good work.

and.....

always question authority

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 321
Registration date : 2017-12-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2019, 09:12

As the old show, “Dragnet” ——- “Just the facts ma”

Here you go!

While Canada  currently offers lump-sum payments to its veterans depending on the level of their injury, Britain will pay up to the equivalent of more than $1-million Canadian dollars.

Australia’s maximum lump-sum payment is in excess of $400,000 (Canadian), and veterans in that country can choose instead to receive a non-taxable, weekly pension which can amount to more than $900,000 for a soldier who retires in his 20s and lives into his 80s. Lump sums are also given to children of disabled Australian veterans, which does not happen in Canada.

The United States provides a tax-free disability pension that ranges as high as $4,010 (Canadian) per month, depending on the level of injury and the number of dependents. In addition, there are supplements of up to $10,836 (Canadian) monthly for the most seriously disabled.

Canada has a program that compensates disabled veterans for lost wages which pays 90 per cent of their military salary. And also provides a permanent impairment allowance and a supplement that can combine to equal a little over $2,700 monthly. But most soldiers who qualify for that allowance receive far less than the maximum, and the money is taxable.

In Australia, on the other hand, the earning-loss compensation can amount to 100 per cent of a veteran’s former salary if he or she is completely unable to work. And in Britain, the most severely disabled veterans receive 100 per cent of their military salary tax-free for life.

Those are proven facts, so Canada does not treat its Veterans better then compared to other countries.   The guest is wrong again.

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Wed 13 Mar 2019, 07:45

facts are facts you cant hide from . ya look at the benefits available to vets in each system and add them up. its a fracking math problem and the numbers don't lie . when ya do the math the benefits available to PA vets are far superior than that of the NVC or PLF vets . the GOC has been saying how great it is for over a decade without any direct factual comparisons or actuarial and refusing to even do any even they were being called for prior to 2006 .just like you saying how great the system is without producing any real facts to back up there claims .

its pretty easy stuff no need to be a rocket scientist . ya just need to know how to read and use a calculator . so vets orgs and advocates did the math for them . they showed them the actual numbers and the math all easily verifiable . no comment at least on the numbers thy were largely ignored . yes there was at least one occasion where seamus O called sean B s numbers into question ( even though they were easily verifiable )without saying exactly why or what was off about them . then of course some GOC department actually backed up sean Bs numbers by saying his numbers were not wrong , if im not mistaken that was VAC itself . for the most part though the GOC refused to debate this issue on the facts and stuck to rhetoric just like you are doing .

now after a decade the GOC finally did a study on the issue one that should have been done before the NVC was even tabled for discussion . and what does it show ???

surprise surprise it shows PA vets have FAR superior benefits . who would have thunk it .

as far as me attacking you that didn't happen . I gave you information that you can easily independently verify that's it . apparently you are just refusing to do so . you gave me no facts I can easily independently verify because non exist to support your point of view .

all of us have done the math in the past . everything we have said has been echoed be sean B and others . this has all now been verified by VAC and the GOC .

getting to the one reason you may think I attacked you even though the timeline doesn't fit .because I called you a liar . no a word I through around easily but lie after lie after lie and after being presented with overwhelming independently verifiable facts contrary to your opinion more of the same lies ????

then its time to call a spade a spade .

you are a liar and not to be trusted . that's not an attack just pointing out a fact you yourself have proven .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2019, 05:41

Guest wrote:Seize the day. Make your lives extraordinary!
My motivates were sincere I left originally because I was attacked by Steelgunner. I wasn't planning on coming back.
Then I was attacked by Bigrex, Propat, and Bruce72. So I left again with no intention of returning.
So I did some homework again.
Veteran affairs have helped just about every Veteran that I have personally been involved with since 2000 including 3 of you.  
I was showing some optimism for, some positivity & I included a great movie!
You attempted to rip me apart with vile words and criticism. 3 of 4 of you lovely commenters have been helped directly or indirectly by me without you even realizing it.
It doesn't matter how I have done more than my part.
I am in my final months on this planet.  I felt like pointing out my take on VAC.  
Nevertheless:
I wish you all the best.
When you do your Canadian taxes this year and look around your world it isn't so bad, is it?
Canada has done well by its veterans. The best Country in the world!

This Guest is done I will not read your "kind" words.

Listen you gutless wonder. Your attempts to elicit attention have worked. You must be an extremely lonely and delusional person to stoop to the level you have here.

You said "3 of 4 of you lovely commenters have been helped directly or indirectly by me without you even realizing it.
It doesn't matter how I have done more than my part".

Now I know you are full of shit. You are just throwing words around and are trying to make yourself out to be something you are not. You are treading on dangerous ground. You are committing a crime through misrepresentation.

My advice is you take your sorry ass self, your bullshit statements and your claim of imminent death and fuck off to hell where you belong.

If you come on this site again and stir up shit I will expend every resource at my disposal to expose you for the piece of shit of you are. Don't fuck with me again, you fucking jerk off.

Back to top Go down

VAC 40,000 backlog - Bonuses for Poor Service? Empty I do not work for VAC!

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2019, 03:35

Seize the day. Make your lives extraordinary!
My motivates were sincere I left originally because I was attacked by Steelgunner. I wasn't planning on coming back.
Then I was attacked by Bigrex, Propat, and Bruce72. So I left again with no intention of returning.
So I did some homework again.
Veteran affairs have helped just about every Veteran that I have personally been involved with since 2000 including 3 of you.  
I was showing some optimism for, some positivity & I included a great movie!
You attempted to rip me apart with vile words and criticism. 3 of 4 of you lovely commenters have been helped directly or indirectly by me without you even realizing it.
It doesn't matter how I have done more than my part.
I am in my final months on this planet.  I felt like pointing out my take on VAC.  
Nevertheless:
I wish you all the best.
When you do your Canadian taxes this year and look around your world it isn't so bad, is it?
Canada has done well by its veterans. The best Country in the world!

This Guest is done I will not read your "kind" words.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Mar 2019, 18:23

The guest/troll should get back to work at P.E.I,. HQ for VAC,  stop wasting our tax payers money by surfing on the web and this forum.  Management at VAC should look at employees work computers to see who is visiting sites like this with negative personal attacks on Veterans.

I have asked a reporter to make this public because this is how VAC and some people in general view Veterans but thankfully not all. Only the truly miss informed guests have views like this.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Tue 12 Mar 2019, 15:10

Guest wrote:Steelgunner- I am aware I have been working with disabled Veterans since 2000!
Propat- My words are full of facts- you may just not like them!
Bigrex- One thing about military men and women we are not cowards!- Never forget we/I suffer from work-related illness!

My whole point in my rambling is sharing my opinion.
Since the beginning of time Veterans in Canada have never been treated better. Will it always need improving YES!
Yes, the government may be saving some buck but it's due to policies and when a Veteran is ill or injured he or she has a crazy amount of options nowadays!
Take a look around your world, your home. Look in your cupboards. Look at people who care and the resources we can access. Life is pretty damn good for 90% of us disabled Vets. Let's look after the 10% that life really sucks. I was there, if we ever met you may agree I walked alone and I struggle still. Car·pe Di·em is working for me.

PS: Watch the movie "Dead Poet Society"

For those that are reading this the first time please read my other comments in contexts with these words. I think I am the only "guest" in this topic post!   pirat
Yet, you won't create an account and keep it active. You just come here, make some asinine comments, then delete the account. THAT is cowardly, whether you personally think you are a coward or not. I did happen to see that your location was PEI, so there is no doubt, in my mind, that you, or a close family member, is employed by VAC. So even if you are a Veteran, you have a biased view, about how other Veterans are being treated.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by propat Tue 12 Mar 2019, 14:22

you said what???

Since the beginning of time Veterans in Canada have never been treated better.

something the GOC has been trying to make people believe for over a decade now .of course they can not do that anymore .

why?

there recent study shows PA vets are FAR better off than NVC or PFL vets .

read the GOC study THAT is a REAL verifiable FACT !!!

it not only shows the GOC according to its own study has been lying for over a decade .

it shows you sir are a LIAR and not to be trusted .

propat

propat
CSAT Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next