Canadian Soldiers Assistance Team (CSAT) Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New PFL

2 posters

Go down

New PFL Empty Re: New PFL

Post by bigrex Sat 16 Mar 2019, 11:21

The only way that getting a DA approved right now, would hurt anyone, if they want the full PFL pension possible, is if they opted to take the lump sum during the next two weeks. If they opt to take the lump sum divided over X number of years, no money will have been paid out, by the the time the PFL came into effect, and the award is converted into the PFL pension

If you don't care, and want the lump sum anyways, taking it now, versus taking it in April, isn't going to matter.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

Post by bosn181 Sat 16 Mar 2019, 00:17

when i asked if someone did delay a decision i was told by vac that your start date would reset to 1 April 2019

bosn181
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 359
Registration date : 2017-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2019, 15:39

[quote="bigrex"]At this point, it could easily be "delayed", until after April 1s, just by VAC using snail mail, to send you the approval letter, and you returning the required forms, stating how you want the money. I take it that you want the new monthly pension, so I would just request the monthly instalments, instead of the lump sum, and that should readily translate to the new PFL pension.[/quote]

That what I will do. If I get approved TY

Back to top Go down

Post by bigrex Fri 15 Mar 2019, 15:26

At this point, it could easily be "delayed", until after April 1s, just by VAC using snail mail, to send you the approval letter, and you returning the required forms, stating how you want the money. I take it that you want the new monthly pension, so I would just request the monthly instalments, instead of the lump sum, and that should readily translate to the new PFL pension.
bigrex
bigrex
CSAT Member

Number of posts : 4060
Registration date : 2008-09-18

Back to top Go down

New PFL Empty New PFL

Post by Guest Fri 15 Mar 2019, 11:47

If you opt to delay a decision on a DA until April the 1st does your wait time begin again?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum